FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

money, money, money

<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:35 pm

money, money, money

I ran across some interesting info here on the internet. It was about the worth athletes etc. have. I was surprised at the amount of money some have and others don't. When I saw Ric Hendrick's worth it really wasn't a shock but hoped it all was legal ;) ....Oprah has the top for African Americans and Tiger Woods is second with a measly $500,000,000. Probably was worth more before his running around caught up with him. The Mrs. must have gotten quite a chunk. Race drivers do quite well and don't have to eat baloney every day. Dale Earnhardt Jr. has way more than his dad and step-mother put together. He has invested in just about everything out there and it has paid off. All of these figures aren't updated so ho knows who has what. The money was from a billion dollars to $100,000. Now we understand why there is foundations etc. so they can keep some of that money in their check books.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Searchers

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: money, money, money

Interesting. Is there a location where we can read the info too or did you summarize from all the different sites you reviewed?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:58 pm

so your implying that drivers have foundations so they dont have to part with their money???
at least Mr H never went to jail like gene haas ;)
I miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:34 pm

The only reason Mr. H didn't do any prison time was because he SUPPOSEDLY had leukemia. It seems to be the as soon as the "probationary period" was over....his leukemia miraculously went away....correct me if I'm wrong.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:42 pm

you watch too much jessie ventura, you think everything is a cover up
I miss you Frehley........
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Searchers wrote:Interesting. Is there a location where we can read the info too or did you summarize from all the different sites you reviewed?

I am going to find the name of the series I was reading. I only looked at race car drivers and Tiger Woods and a couple of other golfers. One can find just about anyone they want . I'll be back with the info if I can find it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm

michaeljohn wrote:so your implying that drivers have foundations so they dont have to part with their money???

I'm not implying anything Michael. Actually it's a way to hang on to some money for charity which they all do even your precious JJ. No Mr. H didn't go to jail as he had Leukemia and was under house arrest. Then to clear his name he had an associate get him a pardon from President Clinton. If you think this info isn't true just look it up. It's history. As for Gene Haas I don't know anything about him except for what he has told himself. By the way I shouldn't have to explain anything to you about what I post. You say and post what you want so I will take the same liberty.

<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 pm

michaeljohn wrote:so your implying that drivers have foundations so they dont have to part with their money???

People generally don't go to jail when they get Presidential pardons. People generally don't get Presidential pardons unless they've done something wrong/illegal (and then most likely contributed to aforementioned president's political interests).
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Searchers wrote:Interesting. Is there a location where we can read the info too or did you summarize from all the different sites you reviewed?

In order to find what I wrote about just Google "Race car Drivers Worth" In Celebrity net worth choose who you want in the Top 100. There are several places you will find to read just about anyone. I didn't check out everyone but you will note some of the net worth was done as early as 2010 up to 2013.

<<

Searchers

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks ndunn I found it.

Really interesting and makes me wonder who actually crunched the numbers.

Happy to see this: Ken Schrader net worth: Ken Schrader is an American racecar driver who has a net worth of $75 million

Laughed at this: Jeremy Mayfield is a former NASCAR driver who has a net worth of $100 thousand

Totally shocked at this: Michael Buffer is an American boxing announcer and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $400 million
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 am

Searchers wrote:Thanks ndunn I found it.

Really interesting and makes me wonder who actually crunched the numbers.

Happy to see this: Ken Schrader net worth: Ken Schrader is an American racecar driver who has a net worth of $75 million

Laughed at this: Jeremy Mayfield is a former NASCAR driver who has a net worth of $100 thousand

Totally shocked at this: Michael Buffer is an American boxing announcer and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $400 million

I agree on how Kenny Schrader has invested his money and is worth more than several drivers. Good for him. The way they make their money is so touchy that they deserve every dime of it.

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:57 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:The only reason Mr. H didn't do any prison time was because he SUPPOSEDLY had leukemia. It seems to be the as soon as the "probationary period" was over....his leukemia miraculously went away....correct me if I'm wrong.

mws I have no idea either if Hendricks had leukemia or not but I do remember Jeff Gordon was doing something regarding leukemia because of Hendricks case. Who knows if that happened or not.

<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:07 pm

I was in the garage area a lot during the time that RH had leukemia (or supposedly). There was a lot of rumors/speculation about how conveniently it came about right at or just before the sentencing was being handed down. His drivers at the time were JG, Terry Labonte and Ricky Craven. All 3 drivers were involved a few Bone Marrow Drives/Testing Drives. At first it was hyped a lot, then it was quiet. Surprisingly after his house arrest time was up, it was said that he was in remission. Coincidences or not, everyone has their own opinions on whether he really had leukemia.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:12 am

jdpirate wrote:I was in the garage area a lot during the time that RH had leukemia (or supposedly). There was a lot of rumors/speculation about how conveniently it came about right at or just before the sentencing was being handed down. His drivers at the time were JG, Terry Labonte and Ricky Craven. All 3 drivers were involved a few Bone Marrow Drives/Testing Drives. At first it was hyped a lot, then it was quiet. Surprisingly after his house arrest time was up, it was said that he was in remission. Coincidences or not, everyone has their own opinions on whether he really had leukemia.

Most of this is news to me. I wasn't paying attention as I figured it was his life and if it was staged I guess it was up to him. He wouldn't be the first billionaire to clear up his reputation. All of his problems was before I got interested in NASCAR as I don't remember Ricky Craven driving for him. I remember Kenny Schrader being a driver for Hendricks and he was let go for Kyle Busch wasn't he?
Guess I'll spend the afternoon checking facts as I hate to be wrong.

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 pm

azk8ster wrote:

People generally don't go to jail when they get Presidential pardons. People generally don't get Presidential pardons unless they've done something wrong/illegal (and then most likely contributed to aforementioned president's political interests).

"LIKE" - - - Little Thumbs Up Guy here .... ^^^^

From Wiki ... ( in part ) Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hendrick

Afterward, he and his wife, Linda, were honored in 1999 with the Be The Match Foundation's Leadership for the Life Award. The award recognizes individuals who have made an extraordinary commitment to serve marrow transplant patients. Some of the past patients include U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young, baseball great Rod Carew and former Postmaster General William J. Henderson. He takes a personal approach to the cause after being diagnosed in November 1996 with chronic myelogenous leukemia, but has been in full remission since December 1999. Hendrick also has a passion for The Hendrick Foundation for Children, a foundation that supports programs and services that benefit youngsters with illness, injury, disability or other hindrance, and was establish by his brother, John Hendrick. Governor Jim Hunt recognized Hendrick in 1996 with The Order of the Long Leaf Pine, North Carolina's highest civilian honor. The award is bestowed upon citizens of the state who have a proven record of extraordinary service. Past recipients include journalist Charles Kuralt, the Rev. Billy Graham, artist Bob Timberlake and Hendrick's late father, Joe Hendrick, who was presented the award by Gov. Mike Easley in 2004.[1]

In 1997, Hendrick pled guilty to mail fraud.[6] In the 1980s, Honda automobiles were in high demand and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, BMW automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives.[7] Hendrick was sentenced in December 1997 to a $250,000 fine, 12 months home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group (which was run by Jim Perkins) or Hendrick Motorsports (run by his brother John) during his year of confinement. In December 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President Bill Clinton.[8][9]

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
Next

Return to The Lobby