FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Do we need....................................

<<

jdpirate

Post Tue May 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Re: Do we need....................................

jdpirate wrote:I too am a former board moderator. The board that I was on (over 3 years ago) had the Thumbs UP/Down option. From what I recall, it was only there for each post-- a way for people that didn't want to comment on that post, to agree or disagree with it. Nothing alerted the administrators/owners of the board as to the number of ups/downs a particular post received or that there could be a potential problem. It was the moderators that watched this and alerted the admin/owner of issues with posts, as well as given warnings to the people causing issues. While I was there, 2 people were banned from the board for multiple reasons. One was banned for behavior similar to what our problem poster is exhibiting as well as not showing any respect to others on the board. At least 3 warnings were given to both members and the problem remained. So they were banned.
One thing that was good...Threads could be "locked" so no more posts could be added, thus effectively shutting down unruly threads.

Yes, I take the moderate view--- past experiences and lots of leadership training courses (a lot on how to deal with conflicts as well as other issues), plus my general motto-- if it isn't life or death, then it isn't important. As I said earlier though, I feel that things are out of control with one person. Does his condescending attitude towards me affect how I feel? Maybe. I am a big girl and can take care of myself, so I let it go. However, to come on here to see him calling other members stupid, etc., to use redneck in a totally derogatory manner and to trash -talk the site in itself is unacceptable behavior from any member in my opinion. If a person doesn't like most of a boards' members and thinks the site is garbage, then why are they still here? That makes no sense to me.

Inferiority complex? Who knows. Bully? Yes at times he comes across that way. Verbally abusive and threatening? Definitely. Out of control? Yes.
Narcissitic? Sure sounds like it (Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

On another note, since it's where the discussion began, I'm sorry I haven't been in the chat room the last few weeks...unfortunately, my work hours have kept me away.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 am

i know where this thread is going and yes i accept the nomination to be THE KING RULER of this site..
this is a very humbling moment for me, and i like to thank all the people i stepped on, stabbed in the back to get this position.... thank you all...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 am

I would tell you to watch your back, but you would never hear the shot fired from my sniper rifle from 1500 yards away. :twisted:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:24 am

gotta catch me first
<<

jsw14

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

beaverpond wrote:I would tell you to watch your back, but you would never hear the shot fired from my sniper rifle from 1500 yards away. :twisted:

YIKES Image
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:55 am

ya one would say that comment is a bit extreme for someone making a joke....
<<

lilbeaver

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 am

Daddy, I thought it was pronounced suds not scuds ... what are scuds? Is that something Mr MJ should be looking out for?

Watch Out Boys, I'm Coming For You
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:04 am

SSSSSHHHH !!!!!!
Image Image

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:12 am

here goes beaver pretending to be different people, it was funny one morning around 3am all the beaver screanames signed on one time after another and posted, who in their right mind lets a young kid on the internet at 3am?
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:23 am

jsw14 wrote:
beaverpond wrote:I would tell you to watch your back, but you would never hear the shot fired from my sniper rifle from 1500 yards away. :twisted:

YIKES Image

:shock: ;) that would be one heck of a shot jsw.... and you'd be in the record books for that.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:24 am

yea lets encourage idiot comments like this,
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:40 am

wasn't encouraging, MJ....actually calling out as bs as there are few 1500 yd sniper shots. (yes, there are a handful maybe that are more, but most are in the 500yd range).
<<

14Smokem

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:27 am

Hey!!

This is NOT a Jimmuh Thread :mrgreen:
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:45 am

actually my daughter is home today because of a really bad cold and they don't want her in school spreading her germs to her classmates, so I let her login. As for those mornings that it was the wee hours of the morning, she just happen to be up because she was not feeling well and that was back when we were back and forth to doctors and hospitals two and three days a week trying to figure out what was going on with her medically and if it made her a little happier to login for moment, then I let her. Now I concentrate on her more on getting caught up on school work than using this site.
Image Image

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby