FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE

<<

thorman52

Post Tue May 13, 2014 2:40 am

Re: POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE

Thanks Beav for the great story. I've got a couple of good recipes for Potato Salad that I'll make when the guy downstairs has his cookouts.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue May 13, 2014 10:54 am

There is only one way to boil lobsters properly:

6 Quart Pot with Lid
2 - 1.5 lb Maine lobsters
4 qts of North Atlantic Sea Water
Rock Weed from the same region
1 Stick of Butter (the type with salt)

Bring water to a boil, stick lobsters in pot upside down head first into pot and boil for 13 minutes. Serve your lobster with melted butter in separate bowl, some people will actually get all meat out of the shell and then eat the meat after it has been soaking in the butter.

The reason for the rock weed and sea water is because you are preserving the lobster in its own environment and sealing in those natural ocean flavors. There are many in the restaurant business who will tell you that by boiling or steaming lobsters in fresh water it will actually kill them before you actually steam or boil them because they are not in that natural environment of salty ocean water and in some cases you can get a form of food poisoning...not all cases, but some cases.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Hey, just poppin to say, I am loving these recipes! :-)

When we had the recipe blog up on the old site, we bantered about the idea of creating an SHR cookbook with submitted recipes. Our idea was, to vote & post the best recipes that had something to do with the area or track, or time of year of the current race. Idea's for "menu's" came from cook outs, to tail gates, to gatherings, so there was something for every one. The idea was to publish & sell the cook books, for SHR charities. Cool idea - just never got off the ground. :-(

Anyway, I absolutely love to cook for people, so I'll be back with some good, comfort food recipes. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat May 17, 2014 1:06 am

Found this yesterday. Sounds yummy! I love lindor chocolates...
LINDOR FILLED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Cookie dough adapted from Meg Cabot’s Boy Meets Girl.

220g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups + 3 tbsp plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
30 Lindt Balls, unwrapped

Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 3 baking trays with parchment paper.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.

In a separate bowl, combine the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Pour half the flour mixture into the butter mixture and beat on a low speed until just combined.

Mix in the remaining flour mixture and chocolate chips by hand, being careful not to overmix.

Scoop a tablespoon of the cookie mixture and flatten it into the palm of your hand. Place a Lindt ball in the center of the cookie dough and wrap the cookie dough around it. Roll it between the palm of your hands until a smooth cookie ball forms.

Place on baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 30 Lindt filled cookies.
<<

thorman52

Post Sat May 17, 2014 2:50 am

Rachael J posted:

Didn't know what Lindt balls were so I googled it. Expensive little bugers. The recipe sounds decedent enough to try. I've said many times I've only been cooking for a little over a year but I only baked once and that was about a month ago when I tried making peanut butter cookies. They turned out okay enough that I think I'll try this one. Seems Lindor has many kinds of Lindt balls. What kind works best or does it matter?
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

thorman52

Post Sat May 17, 2014 3:30 am

smokeinonefour posted:

When we had the recipe blog up on the old site, we bantered about the idea of creating an SHR cookbook with submitted recipes.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea if we got enough recipes. Also would there be a copyright problem if you published some of these recipes? I'd gladly lend a hand if you're willing to take on this endeavor. Could be called: "Tony's Tested Recipes" or "Tested Recipes for Race Day from Tony's Trailer". Have Smoke sign a bunch and raise more money for a worthy charity.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat May 17, 2014 12:43 pm

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 EGG
1 Cup PEANUT BUTTER
1 Cup SUGAR

Preheat over to 350 degrees

Mix thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Spread apart evenly on a large cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between each one. Form into a ball and flatten to about 1/2 an inch thick with a fork onto the cookie sheet. Bake in oven on middle rack for 8 to 10 minutes.

Some people have placed a Peanut Butter Cup or Hershey's Kiss on top of the cookie after it comes out of the oven.
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat May 17, 2014 11:32 pm

thorman52 wrote:Rachael J posted:

Didn't know what Lindt balls were so I googled it. Expensive little bugers. The recipe sounds decedent enough to try. I've said many times I've only been cooking for a little over a year but I only baked once and that was about a month ago when I tried making peanut butter cookies. They turned out okay enough that I think I'll try this one. Seems Lindor has many kinds of Lindt balls. What kind works best or does it matter?

Expensive, but delicious! I would probably go with the milk chocolate, but I'm sure you could use which ever kind you like.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun May 18, 2014 1:27 pm

thorman52 wrote:smokeinonefour posted:

When we had the recipe blog up on the old site, we bantered about the idea of creating an SHR cookbook with submitted recipes.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea if we got enough recipes. Also would there be a copyright problem if you published some of these recipes? I'd gladly lend a hand if you're willing to take on this endeavor. Could be called: "Tony's Tested Recipes" or "Tested Recipes for Race Day from Tony's Trailer". Have Smoke sign a bunch and raise more money for a worthy charity.

Well... there was a few problems. I thought it was a great idea ( it wasn't mine ) and a few of us got together online & talked about it. We contacted SHR about it, asking a few questions ( could we, would they help / ok or sign on it?) but never received an answer. We even had a gal who volunteered to make all the recipes to try them. :-D

I'll give ya what we started ... and maybe if others want to try & re-start it, they can. ? ?

The format we decided on was - from race to race ... and 3 sections 1)Seated meal 2) Tailgating / BBQ's and 3)Fan Food.

So... each race would have a menu ( 3 of them, per race ^^ ) that had something to do with the time of year, the track / race or driver inspired. Chili's & stews in the spring & fall .... bbq chkn & ribs in summer ..... hot dogs recipes at Martinsville .... tonys bbq sauce in texas ... that kind of theme. Recipes were submitted and since we had 3 menu's a race, we got in a lot of different recipes. :-)

There are many companies that will cheaply publish the cookbooks, to sell for charity ... we just could not get info from SHR, for us to do it. But if they OK'd - then we would sell & donate all proceeds to Tony's Foundation and let him divvy up the $$.

So now I'm thinking / wondering ... what if "we" created an "entity" ( Fans From SHR - FFS ? ) that made the cookbooks. That way it's still from SHR fans, still has the SHR part ( as a fan ), came from here... ? ? ?

Maybe SHR would let us now, as we thought of this when the site was new and all the peeps were unknown to them.

? ? ?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
Previous

Return to The Lobby