FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Tony Coins........ (Updated)

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 am

The Tony Coins........ (Updated)

This might make some people mad, but i really dont care, i found this out over the weekend, you can play for the tony coins twice a day, because i keep weird hours, i can play them once after 2am est and 3pm est, i have no idea if it is a glitch in the site or it was constructed that way, but i only thought it was fair to let everyone know, i know some members have asked about this, so just passing it on,

this is my gift to the site, besides my warm loving personality.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by michaeljohn on Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thorman52

Post Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 am

Re: The Tony Coins...................

And that's the glitch. I found it out a couple of weeks ago. Every time I logged on the site I tried playing the coin game. Sometimes I could and sometimes not. I didn't know the difference until someone else mentioned a glitch. I thought nothing wrong with it until I started going to the lead and others remained static. I did a 4 day study of the top 10 and seemed 3 people got more points a day than others. Not that they got more points necessarily but more posted points per day. Not knowing what to do, I just kept my mouth shut. I put out a couple of feelers to see if anyone else knew what I knew. I didn't get much response.

So, I'm glad the cat's out of the bag. It's a glitch all right and I took advantage of it. Unknowingly at first but later I knew not many knew. What should I have done? Should I have reported it to the administrators? Well I decided not to report it thinking it's their site and they should be monitoring it and discover glitches like this one. So I did not report it. And how many night owls do we have. I'm one and michaeljohn must be another. If the majority thinks I'm guilty of outright cheating, then I'll drop out of the points race. I won't play the coin game at all. It's up to you all.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

awsum14

Post Thu May 01, 2014 5:54 am

IMO it isn't cheating.
It's pushing the "Gray Area" until it get's found out.
Now that the cats out of the bag, everyone can do it until admin fix's it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 am

first off it is what it is, maybe that is how the game is structured, i wrote animink to ask them, but as usual never heard back, never brought up the word cheating, was never thinking that, as i stated some people asked about it in threads and PM's so i decided to share what i discovered.....
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu May 01, 2014 7:54 am

I'm glad you posted this MJ. Thanks for that. I've not been able to take advantage of this and still probably won't as I keep very regular hours. You're the Chad Knaus of the garage gang.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:59 am

First, it's cool that you posted it MJ. Since you've only "disclosed" it to the forum readers, it's still probably a small percentage of the members who receive the tip. Sure, you didn't have to, so don't sweat not saying anything about it Thor.

My question is, with being too lazy to look up the rules, I thought these points were kind of designed to put us (the regular contributing members) in that top echelon of members who are eligible to win the big prize at the end of the year? The coins were the way to separate those who come here and participate every day, from those who just register and never come back, unless they get an email saying they won. ;) I may be wrong. (and probably am)
But that's why I wasn't worried too much when reading about whatever glitch there might have been, nor was I worried about whatever place I was in. As long as I was grouped into that top 1000 or whatever number it was to be eligible, no biggie. :? :? :?:
Last edited by Jellikit on Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 am

Yep, I mentioned it in the "winners Points Thread" in Garage Gang news. I stumbled across it a bout a month ago. I, like Thorman, left it at Animinks feet...as I feel like they treat this site as "the gum on the bottom of their shoe." Let's see how long it takes to get fixed...see how long that "gum stretches"... ;) :roll:

I "stumbled" on it because of a Tweet. I just picked, 1 BIG point, and scrolled up to the top and clicked back to Blog central. Just as I clicked, a Tweet caught my eye, but too late to read. So, I clicked right back to the Home Page and scrolled down to read the Tweet. As I did, I noticed the Coin Game had apparently reset. I didn't think it'd work, but I tried another coin, got 35 this time...figured, try a refresh on the page and see if it happens again? Sure enough, it reset. I figured I'd try it again to see...and sure enough, wouldn't ya' know...100 points, first time I'd hit 100. I figured I'd better stop there, since the most you can score is 100 points and I just scored 136...unlike Dwain...who apparently just goes all "Energizer Bunny" on it. ;) :lol:

I've only used it occasionally since, as anyone would know who's followed points, I haven't scored more than 15 in, like, a week. I thought about publicizing it, but I figured it STILL wouldn't be "fair" to everyone. As Doc mentioned, some can't be up to take advantage of the "glitch"...witch seems to happen somewhere after midnight and closes by 4-4:30 am.

It'll be interesting to see who takes advantage of it, besides Dwain of course :lol: ...I'll start using it regularly if others start to, if not I'll play it straight...relatively... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 01, 2014 11:46 am

Sounds like they programmed in a 12-hour clock rather than a 24-hour clock.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Woo Hoo...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:49 pm

it doesnt matter if at the end of the year the person in 1st has 50 thousand points and everybody else has 5 thousand, because the grand prize is "allegedly" drawn from the top 25, Rulez is right about how the webmasters treat this site, like it is beneath them..........
<<

ndunn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I wouldn't say it was cheating but it is taking advantage the rest don't know anything about. When the Tony Treasure first came on I tried to get points the second time of the day as it said play now or what-ever and then when I did they informed me I already played and come back tomorrow. Now there is some funny stuff as some players get way more to choose than others. I've kept track of ten players so from day to day there is some with big totals. I went for over a week with nothing higher than 15. Now tell me that is fair when some of you have found out you can play twice a day? Actually fair doesn't count if it's the web site in control. So maybe the top 25 in the end is there with help from whoever put this site together. The reason for the 3 am thing is pacific time. I tried to use the Tony treasure after midnight once and it told me to come back the next day. I was going to be away from a computer. Does this make a big difference? NOPE. This web site has messed up racing points and who knows what else. What is a scream is the remarks made by someone that says " play all the games etc. for prizes blah blah and your (get this) reputation. It's a good thing I don't rely on remarks from others for my reputation.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:24 pm

ndunn wrote:I wouldn't say it was cheating but it is taking advantage the rest don't know anything about. When the Tony Treasure first came on I tried to get points the second time of the day as it said play now or what-ever and then when I did they informed me I already played and come back tomorrow. Now there is some funny stuff as some players get way more to choose than others. I've kept track of ten players so from day to day there is some with big totals. I went for over a week with nothing higher than 15. Now tell me that is fair when some of you have found out you can play twice a day? Actually fair doesn't count if it's the web site in control. So maybe the top 25 in the end is there with help from whoever put this site together. The reason for the 3 am thing is pacific time. I tried to use the Tony treasure after midnight once and it told me to come back the next day. I was going to be away from a computer. Does this make a big difference? NOPE. This web site has messed up racing points and who knows what else. What is a scream is the remarks made by someone that says " play all the games etc. for prizes blah blah and your (get this) reputation. It's a good thing I don't rely on remarks from others for my reputation.
smoke14rulez wrote:Yep, I mentioned it in the "winners Points Thread" in Garage Gang news. I stumbled across it a bout a month ago. I, like Thorman, left it at Animinks feet...as I feel like they treat this site as "the gum on the bottom of their shoe." Let's see how long it takes to get fixed...see how long that "gum stretches"... ;) :roll:

I "stumbled" on it because of a Tweet. I just picked, 1 BIG point, and scrolled up to the top and clicked back to Blog central. Just as I clicked, a Tweet caught my eye, but too late to read. So, I clicked right back to the Home Page and scrolled down to read the Tweet. As I did, I noticed the Coin Game had apparently reset. I didn't think it'd work, but I tried another coin, got 35 this time...figured, try a refresh on the page and see if it happens again? Sure enough, it reset. I figured I'd try it again to see...and sure enough, wouldn't ya' know...100 points, first time I'd hit 100. I figured I'd better stop there, since the most you can score is 100 points and I just scored 136...unlike Dwain...who apparently just goes all "Energizer Bunny" on it. ;) :lol:

I've only used it occasionally since, as anyone would know who's followed points, I haven't scored more than 15 in, like, a week. I thought about publicizing it, but I figured it STILL wouldn't be "fair" to everyone. As Doc mentioned, some can't be up to take advantage of the "glitch"...witch seems to happen somewhere after midnight and closes by 4-4:30 am.

It'll be interesting to see who takes advantage of it, besides Dwain of course :lol: ...I'll start using it regularly if others start to, if not I'll play it straight...relatively... ;)

Who is this dwain? When he first took over the #1 spot I tried to find out how he got to #1 so fast as he didn't just climb up like the rest have. I even went through the members names and he isn't there. His date entering the garage is wrong as it says 2006. That date isn't any good unless he was on this forum by himself. What ever. We had two computers crash last week so I really don't care what goes on as the past two weeks have been a mess.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:35 pm

MJ....Thank you SO much for your honesty, Thorman and smoke Rulez hinted but didn't share..... I do feel bad you are up so late at night and can't get a good nights sleep. My only hope is that someone who posts on the website regularly, gets the prize and I hope it is you...... I am sure you will love an autographed picture of Tony........ :lol: :lol: maybe something from Danica ........I don't think they have anything from JJ ;) ;) ......

Does anyone know anything about this Dwain? All of a sudden he appeared out of no where, and went straight to the top.......there must be another glitch.... :lol: :D.....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:51 pm

lets say i would have won the grand prize, i would have felt massive guilt, because no one had that same chance, Annalee thanks for the laugh, that would be a hoot if i got a Tony pic with all the teasing i giver him and his fans, could you imagine going up Tony going up to JJ and saying "sign this one of your crazy fans is posting on my site." as far as this dwain person, no idea.... a couple weeks ago i had this idea, but i dont think animink would use it... i know some of us regular members question the authenticity of the "winner of the month" members who never sign in seem to win, my idea would have been take the winner who is leading points and they are the winner, now if that same person is in the lead the next month, the person 2nd in points gets the prize and so on and so on..
<<

thorman52

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Dang, and I thought I was near a crucifixion. I'm glad to see most of you are understanding and forgiving somewhat. I haven't been hiding today, I've been switching from AT&T to Comcast and tried to do it my self. Got everything hooked up almost allright but couldn't get anything to work. TV and internet only. Called Comcast and after 33 minutes on the phone and an hour's wait for them to program the modem, I'm back in business.

As for this dwain character he joined in Feb. 17, 2014 and has never posted once. As I said I did a 4 day study of the top 10. dwain was never in the top 10. For him to go from out of the top 10 to #1 he'd have to have gotten almost 800 points. 10th place was about 2139 and he zoomed to 2917 (?) I think in one day. A difference of 778 points.

As for myself, I'm not playing the middle of the night game anymore. I'll continue playing once a day. I'm not really after prizes anyway. I play the game, pick drivers, pole position, for fun. Being retired it all helps keep me busy and out of trouble. I also enjoy the people on this site. So it's on to Talledega with hopes of picking at least one driver right.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
Next

Return to The Lobby