<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR -Wednesday

This was a 275 year old Maple Tree

This is a car crushed by the above tree

There was a confirmed tornado in the Town of York
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:11 pm

This is the Town of St. Albans where there was another confirmed tornado.

Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:14 pm

And now for the Town of Bridgton where there was a Microburst.

This is just a branch from a tree.

Image Image

<<

awsum14

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR -Thursday

Goooood Morning SHR

63* and a Hi of 82* in Fairfax under clear skies

Thurs 7/17
1998 Brickyard 400 7:00 am ESPN Classic

1994 Brickyard 400 9:00 am ESPN Classic

1995 Brickyard 400 11:00 am ESPN Classic

2007 Allstate 400 at The Brickyard 1:00 pm ESPN Classic

2000 Brickyard 400 3:00 pm ESPN Classic

2008 Allstate 400 at The Brickyard 5:00 pm ESPN Classic

NASCAR Race Hub 5:00 pm FS-1 (6:30 pm FS-2)

Off the Grid "Barcelona" 2:30 pm NBCSN

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:07 am

Geez, Beaver! :shock: What damage!

I figured out Maine's problem... there are too many trees! Cut 'em all down. Well, leave a few little ones. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am

Our state is something like 90% forest as to which a mere 15% is protected by State and National Parks. The rest is open to harvesting if you can get to it and that is the operative word...if. Because we have a lot of bogs, wetlands, swamp, lakes, ponds, rivers, streams...and DEP / EPA has deemed these areas untouchable unless they are frozen over as to which a company will leave no environmental impact...meaning you can't drive any equipment or operate any equipment in any type of waterway or wetland when it is in liquid form as the petroleum based product that lubricates the different parts of the equipment could leak into these waters and contaminate them killing off all wildlife and vegetation.

We have several logging companies in our state hauling logs to local sawmills in state, out of state, and to Canada on a daily basis. We have them driving through our own town as we have two sawmills nearby. A lot of the tourists don't like it, but a lot of us don't mind it so much because they are good paying jobs. It is the transplants who try to change things. We had a group of transplants who tried to stop all truck traffic from taking Route 302 through town.

There were many of us who shut them down cold and said think about what you are saying, look at all the shops, convenience stores, restaurants, larger businesses...they all get their deliveries by tractor trailer. Whether it be the drug store who is getting our meds, or the department store getting their product for sale, or the convenience store getting their products or their gasoline deliveries, or the restaurants getting deliveries from refrigerated trailers. UPS & FedEx can't deliver this stuff. Can you see them delivering 5 gallons of gasoline at time when these convenience stores normally get between 10,000 or 11,000 gallons at a time. You people have not thought this through. You need to get your heads out of the sand or go back to where you came from because we are moving forward, not back.

I know this way more than just about tornados and microbursts, but it has been building up in me for awhile.
Image Image

<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm

beaverpond I thought your post very interesting. Southern Michigan had the same damage a few weeks back. I never saw in the media where it was a tornado but extreme high winds. The reason I was so interested was some of the worst damage was done 2 houses down from where I grew up. The home was built in a woods and the owners lost over 50 mature trees. The road looked exactly like your post. I also agree with having to set aside tourist to absolute need. Yes sometimes we have to give up things for jobs for others. Michigan has beautiful properties as Maine does and we can't please everyone. Those that complain have to remember the population grows and that means we need more of everything starting with employment. I'm sure it took days to clear Maine's roads. I'm always interested in the posts you include with photos.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

What I found funny is that all the pictures the media took of trees fallen on vehicles...all the vehicles were from foreign countries...Saab, Volvo, Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi...kind of funny when you think about it. However, the Fords, the Chevys, the Chryslers, were all in sink holes...like I said, kind of funny.

So either they were crushed or sunk :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

jdpirate

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Looks like those pics could've been from the tornadoes and micro-bursts that hit central NY Tuesday a week ago.... 4 people were killed in the tornado that went through Smithfield NY-- southeast of Syracuse. Honeoye Falls had significant damage, too.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 pm

WOW...when I think of Maine I sure don't think of damaging tornados and micro bursts, that's Oklahoma and Kansas .....and almost all the downed trees are hardwood trees......that must of been on heck of a weather front!! I lived in Portsmouth NH for 4 years....and I don't ever remember any tornados...LOTS AND LOTS OF SNOW, but no twisters....have they restored power yet?

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Both of the tornados had winds of around 90 mph. In York the path of the tornado was about 1.5 miles long and was rated a EF 1. The tornado in St. Albans had a path of 2.75 miles long with winds of about 95 mph and it too was a EF 1. And has stated before, Bridgton had a microburst. Yes, all power has now been restored. Our crews don't waste on any time on these things. They say it easier to work in this weather than it is during the winter months during a blizzard. We have several tree service companies on standby for events like this.
Image Image

<<

awsum14

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR -Friday

Goooood Morning SHR

:roll: Dang it, I did it again ...

Here's a little of it

FRI 7/18
Brickyard replays all day starting at 7:00 am ESPN-Classic

Formula One Racing "German Grand Prix: Practice" 2:30 pm NBCSN

Nationwide Series Practice 3:30 p.m. FS1

Nationwide Series Final Practice 6:30 p.m. FS1

NHRA Mello Yello Series Quals, Live 9:00 pm ESPN-3

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Definitely a great day today! Yep.....mid 70's and sunshine BUT that isn't all that makes it a good day.

TRUE STORY

Last night I was in my house and I heard a slight hissing noise from outside. Didn't think much about it.
Went to bed and this morning I woke up again hearing the same noise but accompanied by a strange odor. I had to get ready for a job interview, so I didn't investigate further. BUT, when I went outside to get into my truck to head out for the interview I was assailed by the smell and the hissing was louder--all emanating from the side of my neighbors house. I walked closer to the house to check it out. Still not exactly sure what the noise was though my senses were telling me that the odor was gas (as in natural gas). In quite a bit of a hurry to leave, I got in my truck and drove down the street. As I was driving, I couldn't get the thought of possible gas leak out of my mind. I pulled over and called 911 to report the noise and smell (my suspicion) and after all the Qs from the 911 operator, he told me they'd send someone to check it out, so I proceeded on. Did the interview and headed back home (now over 1 hour since I left) not knowing what I could find or not find when I returned home. When I pulled onto my street I saw 3 RG&E (Rochester Gas & Electric) vehicles in front of my neighbors house. She was outside and when she saw me---pointed at me and came over. Well, it turns out that it was natural gas leaking and it was the release valve letting out the gas that caused the hissing. Apparently there were cracks in the gas lines going in to her house and the release valve kicked in. She told me that many people arrived at her house to check it out---she was still sleeping---sheriff deputy, city police, fire department and RG&E. They first got her and her animals out and then the gas was shut off and further investigation to find the source. She thanked me profusely for making that call. One of the RG&E guys said it was a great head's up -- major problems and serious disaster was averted! WHEW!! I could've come home to nothing at all --meaning-no neighbor, no neighbor's house or even no MY house! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Am so happy that I didn't ignore my gut feeling this morning :D
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 pm

We had a situation like that in Scarborough (I think) last year. It took out the house with the leak, the house on either side and the two houses across the street. Leveled them flat, because of the time of day, only one person was killed...everybody else was either working or at school. The one person killed had the day off from work and it was his house that had the leak.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 pm

WTG JD, By callin 911 :D U don't mess around with GAS :shock:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby