Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Sunday

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 pm

A-B-C-D-E-F-G :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Sunday

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 pm

When we arrived at camp the whole pond was covered in ice. This is what it looked like by Tuesday. By Wednesday night there was nothing left at all. Daddy took me fishing on Friday as it was in the mid 70s here. We had a really nice week.

I thought Daddy was going to go nuts without the internet or his cell phone, but he proved me and Mom both wrong. However, we have all been fighting for computer time since we got home.

standing on lawn 2.JPG
standing on lawn 2.JPG (124.76 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Dang, I missed that memo. I think it's time to clean off my computer so's I can find things.

Lilbeaver, I glad you had a good time on your trip.

It 40* in central Virginy this morning. Heading for the hills of western Virginia this morning. I didn't realize that it has been a year since we did those jobs around Harrisonburg.

Mon 4/22
NCWTS Setup, Kansas 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Kansas 12:30 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR NOW 1:00 am ESPN2
Ricky Craven

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 am

April 22 is . . . . National Jelly Bean Day

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 am

Looks like a great camping site, lilbeaver. How were the fish biting?

Maybe it's time for a second computer. ;) :lol:

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 am

Leaving the laptop home was my way of getting away from all the school district and town committee work. If I brought it with me, then I would have on the computer all the time instead of relaxing which would have defeated the whole purpose of getting away from everything and everybody.

As for our fishing expedition, we caught a couple of large mouth bass at 19 and 22 inches long and water was frigid.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am

beaverpond wrote:Leaving the laptop home was my way of getting away from all the school district and town committee work. If I brought it with me, then I would have on the computer all the time instead of relaxing which would have defeated the whole purpose of getting away from everything and everybody.

As for our fishing expedition, we caught a couple of large mouth bass at 19 and 22 inches long and water was frigid.

I get it. Sometimes you just need to "unplug." ;)

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I had a checkup this morning so before going back to school Daddy said I could post these now for being good.

This is my grandmother's cat Muggsy who looks at the dog like "Go ahead dog, make my day"
Muggs.JPG
Muggs.JPG (63.82 KiB) Viewed 604 times


This is my grandfather's dog Shaddow who could care less and kind of like "Yea whatever, get a life cat"
Shaddow.JPG
Shaddow.JPG (77.82 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I am surprised she did mention that the dog weighs 35 pounds and the cat weighs more than 18. Yes folks, this is another pure bred Maine Coon Cat. His mane was larger, but the vet shaved some of it the last time he was in for a visit. I don't know who was more unimpressed, my mother or the cat.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm

By the way HH, does this really look a campsite to you.

Camp.JPG
Camp.JPG (106.44 KiB) Viewed 604 times


Two bedrooms, finished off basement, sun porch which you can enter from the bedroom, wrap around porch, two full baths, laundry room off the kitchen, two walk-in closets, one other closet, 18 foot ceilings in the living room / dining room, two skylights, plus a carport (which you can't see).

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Monday

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 pm

beaverpond wrote:By the way HH, does this really look a campsite to you.

Well, no. But based on just the 1st pic... ;) :lol: :lol:

Looks like a great getaway place!

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Tuesday

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Beav, that looks a lot like the house we stayed at in Surf City, NC
The only difference is, that our neightbors were 15' away instead of 15 minutes. And the scenrie was the ocean and the wildlife were 2 twenty something that were always on the porch next door.. :shock: :mrgreen:

Tues 4/23
Nascar Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
Jamie McMurray, Elliott Sadler
Nascar Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
Martin Truex Jr.
Driver of the No. 56 MWR Toyota
Monica Palumbo
NASCAR NOW 1:00 am ESPN2
Kurt Busch, Marcus Smith, Matt Kenseth

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have A Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Tuesday

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 am

April 23 is . . . . Read Me Day and World Laboratory Animal Day

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Tuesday

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 am

The nearest neighbors are more than 1000 feet away and they only have 75 feet of water front footage. Actually everybody on this road has between 75 and 100 feet except for our family...we have 375 feet and this does not include the river that runs alongside the driveway which is about 275 feet long. There are only 7 houses on this road.

We saw an otter, a beaver, a flock of geese, several ducks, a few fish obviously, some robins and chickadees.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Tuesday

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 pm

beaverpond wrote:The nearest neighbors are more than 1000 feet away and they only have 75 feet of water front footage. Actually everybody on this road has between 75 and 100 feet except for our family...we have 375 feet and this does not include the river that runs alongside the driveway which is about 275 feet long. There are only 7 houses on this road.

We saw an otter, a beaver, a flock of geese, several ducks, a few fish obviously, some robins and chickadees.

So you own the place, not just rent it?
Post a reply