Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Wednesday

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am

Mornin gang, Geeeesh, it's Hump-Day already!! A Beau-T-full day today in Florida> 64* now, with a high of 89* & sunny :D

Hmmm, Golfers Day, & I don't even have a tee-time :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Wednesday

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 am

If you the ball around here today you better attach a GPS tracking device to it because the fog around here is thicker than pea soup and I should know because I have tried driving in it and what a freakin' nightmare. Won't be doing that again anytime soon today.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Wednesday

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Goooood Evening SHR

These long days must be getting to me.
I can't beleive that I posted Half on Wed's and Half of Thurs' schedule.
Sorry 'bout that....
Raining cat's and dog's here in western Pennsie this evening. S'pose to go all the way through tomorrow.


Has anyone seen a copy of "The Tattler" lately. :?: ...hint..hint

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Wednesday

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

:|

:?

:|

:roll:

:|

:mrgreen:

:|

I'm bored. I shouldn't have drank that cup of coffee at 9 PM.
:|
I should have ate that New York Cream Cheese Cake.
:|
It's bad enough I took a 12 hr. nasal decongestant pill that keeps me bug-eyed all night long.

:|

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:11 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Well, the rais out of here for now and temps' are in the low 50's

Let's see if I can get todays svhedule right

THURS 4/11
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
Rolex Sports Car Series, Barber, Al 12:00 pm SPEED
Sprint Cup Testing 2:00 p.m.
The 10,NASCAR's Wildest Throw-Downs 2:30 pm SPEED
Sprint Cup Testing 4:30 p.m.
Nationwide Practice 6:15 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 SPEED
Johnny Sauter, Driver of the No. 98 ThorSport Toyota Truck
Johanna Long, Driver of the No. 70 ML Motorsports Chevy in the
NASCAR Nationwide Series
NASCAR NOW 2:00 am ESPN-2


Thoughts And Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 am

April 11 is . . . . Eight-Track Tape Day

My folks use to have one in their van, but that van is long long gone. It still worked too & the person that sold the van to my folks back then let his 8 tracks to with it.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:44 am

WINTER...WEATHER...ADVISORY...

Need I say more on how this is not good.

I was just looking back at the calendar of 1982 in April and on the 7th we received over 30 inches of snow and we left for Florida on the 10th for a two week vacation in the family station wagon. When we got back two weeks later, all the snow was gone.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 am

Pretty late in the season for snow, Beaver. But, I guess not impossible for where you live. :?

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 am

Eek, winter advisory. Enjoying today's temp even though it's a rainy day. Currently is 61 & going to get to 72. But Fri & Sat will be below norm which is 60's. Then the following weekend starting on Thurs will also be below normal in the low 50's.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:48 am

beaverpond wrote:WINTER...WEATHER...ADVISORY...

Need I say more on how this is not good.

I was just looking back at the calendar of 1982 in April and on the 7th we received over 30 inches of snow and we left for Florida on the 10th for a two week vacation in the family station wagon. When we got back two weeks later, all the snow was gone.


It's time you took another vacation then :mrgreen:

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 am

We are heading to camp next week to open the place up. My Dad said the pond is still completely frozen over while most of the ponds and lakes around them are almost at complete "ice out". I told him that I will have to take the boat out while I am there and was told "over my dead body"

Pretty good trick for somebody who will be in SC.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks Awsum for always posting the schedule. I may not comment often but always check here for what's happening at what time!

I have an 8 track player in my Corvette(1980). No Taoes though. If anyone has any they can send them my way.

We're traveling up to Fort Worth today after work fir the race. Weather looks good there but woke up to big time rain in Houston this morning. Hopefully I'll bring those SHR boys some luck this weekend.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:23 am

It was unseasonably hot here in DC yesterday...88 and nasty muggy.
Today is much nicer...80 and quite comfy outside. I'm not ready for hot temps yet. Thankfully this weekend it's back down into the 60's.

Smoke14Wins wrote:April 11 is . . . . Eight-Track Tape Day

My folks use to have one in their van, but that van is long long gone. It still worked too & the person that sold the van to my folks back then let his 8 tracks to with it.

You must be a young whipper snapper. ;)
My first exposure to music was primarily through 8-tracks. We had a converted basement w/ a pool table growing up in southern Michigan. We used to listen to classic rock like Zep, Sabbath, Rush, Foghat, Skynyrd, Triumph and more on the old 8-track machine. The great thing about 8-tracks, is they play over and over and over. I used to go to sleep w/ these things playing. It's probably how I have these songs ingrained in my brain so strong. Helps when singing Karaoke to know them by heart. ;)

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Wow that takes me back...My daughter had an 8-track machine and more 8-tracks than I care to remember. The one song I did like was Blondie singing "Hearts Made of Stone".

Re: Goooood Morning SHR- Thursday

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Jellikit wrote:It was unseasonably hot here in DC yesterday...88 and nasty muggy.
Today is much nicer...80 and quite comfy outside. I'm not ready for hot temps yet. Thankfully this weekend it's back down into the 60's.

Smoke14Wins wrote:April 11 is . . . . Eight-Track Tape Day

My folks use to have one in their van, but that van is long long gone. It still worked too & the person that sold the van to my folks back then let his 8 tracks to with it.

You must be a young whipper snapper. ;)
My first exposure to music was primarily through 8-tracks. We had a converted basement w/ a pool table growing up in southern Michigan. We used to listen to classic rock like Zep, Sabbath, Rush, Foghat, Skynyrd, Triumph and more on the old 8-track machine. The great thing about 8-tracks, is they play over and over and over. I used to go to sleep w/ these things playing. It's probably how I have these songs ingrained in my brain so strong. Helps when singing Karaoke to know them by heart. ;)



Does 49 yrs old fall into that category?
Post a reply