FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Wednesday

ah heck no...we have been making snow and skiing long before the snow arrived.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Spent the night in the ER. Urgent Care we went to (only 24 hr one around) said they can't takec are of dehydration, have to go to the ER for that.

So off we had to go to the hospital which wasn't too far away. Was 1 or 2 people waiting when we got there, the rest was already in a room. Was a good bit of cars in the parking lot for the ER. One man came in as my hubby was getting questioned about this & that & temp taken & blood pressure taken & that man was rushed back in because he was having chest pains.

We didn't have but a 5 min wait & got called back to a room. I was a little worried because it was room #13. But then I was born on a Friday 13, so that's ok.

Took a bunch of blood, took a urine sample (well.....he gave one, they didn't take it :mrgreen: ) & tried hooking him up to IV but the RN couldn't because he was so dehydrated. She got someone else & he got it first try. Pumped him with 2 IV bags & gave him some medicine for nausea. He started to feel a little better 1/2 way done with the IV.

When IV was finally done, they gave him ice chips. So far he didn't throw up & still felt ok enough for something to drink. So the RN brought in some Siera Mist (yuck) & gave him about 1/4 a cup. He drank that & sitll was ok, so they wrote him a prescription for nausea & sent him home.

He doesn't have the flu, there's a bad virus going around & that's what he has. She herself had treated 3 other people that night with this same thing. For her, she's not had one flu patient come in, it's been this virus instead. But that didn't mean someone else didn't treat someone with the flu. Said his runs could last up to 14 days & he should start to feel better today since he started with it on Monday.

I just hope the rest of us doesn't get it :shock:
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

You had a fun night. I hope he feels better.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

Man I really hate this time of the year. Today is the 15th anniversary of my grandfather's passing and then next week will be 1 year without my closest uncle and the week after that it will be 2 years without one of my closest aunts.

Getting into the Christmas Spirit is so much more difficult for my family. My Mom and Dad no longer want to even put up a tree or decorate the house. Usually they will at least mail out Christmas cards...not the last couple of years.

I remembered the few times my grandmother was going to be alone for Christmas, I was so ticked with my relatives for not wanting to be with her, that I had to use up personal time just so she would not be alone. I so miss her as well.

I remember the year my grandfather passed away, my grandmother came to stay with my parents for a month starting just before Christmas. I remember the fun we had as we went Christmas shopping at the Maine Mall and how we went out to eat at this seafood restaurant afterwards. That was the year and the shopping trip I bought my twin nephews a four foot long fire truck that had all the bells, engine sounds, sirens, movement, ect... My grandmother says to me "your sister is going to hate you". I said "yup"... with a sinister laugh. Thirteen years later they still have that fire truck and it still works.

This is same grandmother who loved the show Knight Rider because she wanted a car like that, that could talk to you, drive for you, and get you places in a hurry, say nothing for going faster than those NASCARs go. This is the same grandmother that taught me everything I know about cooking.

Then there was my grandfather, in a lot of ways I wish I could have learned more from him as I have learned so much more after he passed. However, this was the man that taught me how to use a push mower, then taught me how to use the riding lawn mower and some of its attachments, he even taught me several tricks of the trade when it came to gardening and they had a huge garden. It had strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, yellow beans, green beans, pea pods (shell), sugar snap peas, butter sugar corn, egg plant, zuccinni squash, summer squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, yellow onions, red onions, scallions, loose leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers and this is just what I can remember. He spent a lot of time teaching me about what kind of fertilizer would work best for what plants including natural fertilizers like fish heads and banana peels. He also taught me what works well at keeping certain bugs away from different plants, but to be careful because it will draw them to others...so the lay out of your garden is also important.

I know this is one my longest posts, but I really feel depressed today and miss both my grandparents dearly. I am supposed to get together with my parents today, oh this should be interesting. This will be either all we talk about or the subject we all avoid. Time will tell.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 am

Just because the previous post was long enough and I did not want to keep it going. I also mentioned one of my aunts.

This one is difficult. She is one of those special people that you could have a good time with, you could give her a hard time, and oh she could dish it right back...so if you are going to dish it out, you better be prepared to take it...she was a nurse by profession in private practice, then in an ER, then in a surgical unit. She would say that "I know a lot of things, but I know nothing"...meaning don't ask me for medical advice because I won't give it.

I remember spending a couple of weeks with her when I was about 12 or 13. She had to run into the office one day. So we went into the office, I snuck back out to the car and turned on all the accessories...wipers (front & back), a/c on high, turned on the radio, turned on one of the turn signals. Then I ran back inside went into the bathroom and came out, just so I could catch my breath. This was a good thing, she was waiting for me when I came out. We went out to the car, she started up the car and everything came and she started to freak out like there was something seriously wrong with it. Then sees me sitting there laughing. She is looking around at all the nobs and swithches in the on position. She says "Oh that was good...just remember, what comes around goes around".

I think we really enjoyed insulting each other about our age. Now I would start off by insulting her age and she would follow it with something. "I may be 85 physically, but you are mentally" Which she and I both know there is a lot of truth to because every seizure ages the heart and brain. But, we enjoyed these little mind games. But, as time went on closing on 90, it became more and more difficult to talk to her because dimensia as well as some other things were settling in. So I spent more time talking to my cousin keeping tabs on her until the end.

Then there was my uncle. My Mom's favorite brother...okay, only brother, she has five sisters. So take your pick. This uncle passed last year almost a week ago. This one is difficult. This one got me interested in retail and taught me a lot of what I needed to know...marketing, advertising, customer service, that go get 'em attitude, don't let the sale walk out the door, ect... We also enjoyed discussing local politics from one small town to another. We also had discussions of national politics...these were more like debates and I say this because it was the Democrat vs Republican. It made for some interesting times, but both of us were getting disenfranchised with our parties and had fewer and fewer of these debates the last few years. But we really took to talking about small town politics and shared a lot of the same views on that stage. I am glad my aunt is still around as we discuss local politics from time to time as well as the local economy and business community here and there.

I will never forget the antique cash register he had in his store. He kept it well maintained, it worked right up until the day he retired. It was something from 1914. My cousin, his daughter, is now using it in her store in CT. He had two floors in his store. The first floor was clothing for the entire family, but mostly for women as his daughter did most of the trade shows for him and was up on most of the modern designs and she was going for her store as well. The second floor was free gift wrapping, luggage, curtains, drapes, and shades. He would work with area contractors on installation for the larger jobs and he always made sure it was somebody with a good reputation and from within town. Keep it local.
Image Image

<<

awsum14

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 am

Gooooo Morning SHR

29* and clear skies, with a chill of 20* this morning in McKeesport, pa this morning.
Good ol' Cajun Blck will warm things up this morning.

11/29 Thurs
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay, Phoenix 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Awards Ceremony, Nationwide & Camping World Truck Series
8:00 pm/12:00 am SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

Daytona 87 dys 7 hrs 4 mns
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:51 am

Hope you have a better day beaver. I don't remember when (dates) family dies, what month or year even. I guess it's because I want to forget..........but not forget the person. At Christmas time, my mom likes to think of the past family, I think she tries to still include them in by thinking of them during that time & talking about them & what they use to do during the holiday times. It's a little sad for us around Thanksgiving because the day before (one year) mom lost her sister. A few days after Memorial Day one yr & the day or 2 before the Prelude race we lost my hubby's grandma. A month before I graduated high school I lost my grandpa, he was going to buy me bowling shoes & a ball & teach me how to bowl. Lost my great grandma during the great blizzard here in Jan. 1978, the day it started & we had to drive in it when we wasn't allowed on the Rd to go to the hospital because of the weather. I lost another grandpa a few days before Memorial Day about 20 yrs ago.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 am

I was given the blessing of my grandfather's memory. Some also call it a curse. I also remember when my grandmother passed on as it was April 26, 2005 and my nephew was born on May 6th...only ten days later.
Image Image

<<

im4tony

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

It was interesting reading all the stories you posted about relatives who have passed. It is always a sad time to remember that they are no longer with us but a good thing to have such great memories of the things you shared. I did not have any grandparents to share things with, they had died when I was a baby. My parents were really special. I am adopted and they loved me with all their heart and soul. I was very lucky. My Mom's sister, my Aunt is still alive and I always look forward to talking with her and seeing her once and awhile We share some good stories of vacationing together.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

duffygoofy

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Talk about losing family,i lost my one aunt in Oct then another aunt in Nov,my cousin in Nov and in Dec. all in 2007 my Dad passed away in my home.Talk about getting into the Christmas ,I cant i really dont want to put up the lights or the tree but i do.(It gets worst each year but i always have to think about the Kids.)
ImageImage
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:58 pm

The hubby must be feeling better, he has his dinner plate all loaded up

Tonights Menu:

Chuck steak baked with carrots
mashed potatoes
rolls
green beans
corn
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

Goooood Morning SHR

34* in Mckeesport, Pa. and I'll be heading for the house in a little bit. and it's 34* there also, but the hi is going to be 61*. Have to put a heater fan in Beepers car when I get there. She says it's head driving to work in the mornings when she can't see out the windsheild 'cuz of the frost.

Full afternoon of racing

11/30 Fri
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay, Las Vegas 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay, Bristol 3:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Awards Ceremony, Sprint Cup Series 8:00 pm/12:00 am SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

DAYTONA 86 dys 6 hrs 20 mns
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 am

I think you need to change the day and hour count to yellow. That blue is very hard on the eyes...or at least mine anyway.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 am

beaverpond wrote:I think you need to change the day and hour count to yellow. That blue is very hard on the eyes...or at least mine anyway.

Image Beave...Image
Mornin gang, it's a nice 55* & sunny, with a high of 79*... Hmmmm, I think I'll get the golf clubs out & go play 9 holes 8-) 8-)
BTW> No snow yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 am

I missed watching the parade lap down the strip this yr. I watched it on-line last yr but forgot about it this time.

Hard to type today, burnt my right hand's pointer & middle finger on a burner I thought was off but was still on. I was checking to see if it was cool enough to put a plate down on it & pain. It has finally eased up with the help of wrapped up ice for 1&1/2 hrs. Then put some aloe gel for burns on it. It has that numbing stuff in it. But that wore off. I took 2 Advil's for pain & it's finally kicking in. I can't type with them 2 fingers, hurts right now. So typing is slow. Stupid me has to get burnt like this once a yr it seems anymore. Almost went a whole yr without. :roll:

I'm not a morning person. I might be awake, but I'm not alert.
Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby