Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Wednesday

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:00 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Little Nikki helps MeMe when she bakes. and I know that he'll be in the kitchen today helping her bake pies. Like yours, he has his own stool and apron. And he's only 4.

Had to make an emergency run to Odenton,Md. One of our Super's had a mild heart attack yesterday and was admitted to the hospital. So I have to cover his job for the day. Left Williamsbug at 3:00 pm and was s'pose to be at the motel by 6:30. Didn't get here til 10:00 pm, after cutting the inside side wall of my left front tire on a piece of metal that was in the road and I couldn't dodge it and the spare had a nail in it. After finally linping around trying to get to the local Wal-Mart to get a tire, that they wouldn't mount cause it was after 6:00 and there tire service closes at 6:00. I got some tools out of the van and mounted the tire myself. Only took me an hour to break it down and mount the new one. There was a WaWa across the street and was able to air it up and continue on my way. I'll tell you this much, I'm getting to old to be doing that crap. I was beat by the time I got to the motel.

11/21 Wed
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Nationwide Series Replay 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay 3:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - "Thanksgiving"

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:10 am

Goooood Morning SHR

41* and partly cloudy this morning.
I hope everyone made it to there destinations safe last night. From listening to the radio last night, there wasn't a quick way thru or around DC. I ran into a 4 mile back up at the "Harry Nice" bridge on Rt 301.
That's were you have a two lane south bound from Maryland, to a 4 lane toll booth, to a one lane bridge. Put all in all everybody seem to keep there heads on straight. A 3 hour drive from Odenton, Md to Hopewell,Va, only took an extra hour.

Seeeee Ya's

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:44 am

Just wanted to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am

I love having a chef in our house. He has been busy the last couple of days baking a Pumpkin Bread, an Apple Spice Bread, a Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie, and Holiday Cookies. This morning he was working on his homemade stuffing...better than his Mom's recipe, only because she says so. He took her recipe and improved it and won't tell her how and everytime she asks...he just says "wouldn't you like to know". So the bird is in the oven.

I do have to say...this is the one time of the year, Christmas and Thanksgiving, that he allows no help from nobody. He does it all himself. All I have to do is the dishes after each dinner because he cleans as he goes.

Quite frankly, I do not blame him for insisting on doing all the cooking because he learned after the first Thanksgiving and Christmas that I had no cooking skills and my mother was the Queen of short cuts and that if our marriage was to survive, he was going to have to teach me how to cook and how to follow a recipe and what all the abbreviations meant in those books and on his recipe cards.

He is about to start on his next project...mashed potatoes. Hope everybody has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!.....Two ovens going and I am taking a break.......I just love all the good smells of Thanksgiving.....all I have left to do is mash the potatoes, make the gravy, warm my homemade rolls, toss the salad........there goes the buzzer! Pies in...... Breaks over.....Enjoy the day!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Stuff it where.jpg
Stuff it where.jpg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 951 times

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:31 pm

We had a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner. My daughter does the cooking and hosting at her house since I'm handicapped and my hands are so crippled I can't do much or handle things.. She is an awesome cook and baker and the only thing I have to make is the gravy. I too love the aroma of food cooking and it wouldn't be a holiday without it. Central Michigan had beautiful weather so we are thankful for that with all the traveling people are doing. Everyone who are celebrating Black Friday be careful out there as thing can get intense.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:14 pm

ndunn wrote:We had a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner. My daughter does the cooking and hosting at her house since I'm handicapped and my hands are so crippled I can't do much or handle things.. She is an awesome cook and baker and the only thing I have to make is the gravy. I too love the aroma of food cooking and it wouldn't be a holiday without it. Central Michigan had beautiful weather so we are thankful for that with all the traveling people are doing. Everyone who are celebrating Black Friday be careful out there as thing can get intense.

I am very happy you had a nice day......as for making gravy, don't cut yourself short. I know many great cooks who can't do that.......my sister-in-law and BFF. They are both great cooks, but for the life of them can't make gravy..............And I also think maybe your daughter's talent came from you...Usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Enjoy the weather while you can, I think it is going to get cold real soon...it was 68 * today and the neighbors are out putting up Christmas lights.....the kitchen is finally closed and this cook is tired! Good night........... ;)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 am

Annalee wrote:
ndunn wrote:We had a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner. My daughter does the cooking and hosting at her house since I'm handicapped and my hands are so crippled I can't do much or handle things.. She is an awesome cook and baker and the only thing I have to make is the gravy. I too love the aroma of food cooking and it wouldn't be a holiday without it. Central Michigan had beautiful weather so we are thankful for that with all the traveling people are doing. Everyone who are celebrating Black Friday be careful out there as thing can get intense.

I am very happy you had a nice day......as for making gravy, don't cut yourself short. I know many great cooks who can't do that.......my sister-in-law and BFF. They are both great cooks, but for the life of them can't make gravy..............And I also think maybe your daughter's talent came from you...Usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Enjoy the weather while you can, I think it is going to get cold real soon...it was 68 * today and the neighbors are out putting up Christmas lights.....the kitchen is finally closed and this cook is tired! Good night........... ;)

I have been the family gravy maker for years. Actually it's partly because what I use to stir it that makes my gravy lump free plus I have an old Jiff peanut butter jar that I put flour and water in to shake it. Actually my daughter always hated to cook for the family because she didn't think she could match mine. Well it took me years to get some things right and she does just fine. This year she finally got her sweet potatoes to taste like like mine and she was so thrilled. Most of our cooking is comfort food as that is what everyone likes and what my mother cooked. Now this lady could make anything. But then she was depression time cook and the ladies then either learned to cook or starved. It was such a lovely day I hope all of the Garage mates had a great dinner and enjoyed their company that came to visit. Take care AnnaLee and rest as we'll be doing this again in a month or so.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - "Black&Blue Friday"

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:16 am

Goooood Morning SHR

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. "Cause that means the finale race of the season is a pone was. Just go to the intersection of you local mall or plaza and enjoy. And there is even better action inside the stores with the bumping and banging of carts. Rubbings Racing as the saying goes.

11/23 Fri
Formula One Practice Grand Prix of Brazil 11:00 am SPEED
Formula One Debrief Brazil 11:00 pm SPEED

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - "Black&Blue Friday"

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 am

Mornin gang, It's a Cold 37*Image YIKE's!!!!! with a high of 72* & sunny, but thats yet to be seen :roll: I'm stayin in the house today :lol: :lol: :roll:

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:18 am

Goooood Morning SHR

A calm 30* and sunny this morning. S'pose to reach 51* for a high
Time to get started with the Fall Honey Do chours

11/24 SAT
Formula One Debrief Brazil 10:00 am SPEED
Formula One Qualifying, Grand Prix of Brazil 11:00 am/2:30 am SPEED

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:16 am

We're home from Indiana.
Thanksgiving was good.
Our current temp is 28* & we're only getting to 38*.

Rah.

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 am

Goooood Morning SHR

30* and partly cloudy in central Virginy this morning. Going only to 48* for a hi, but all in all, it's going to be a decent day.
I did find some racing for those who need there weekly fix

11/25 Sun
Formula One Racing Grand Prix of Brazil 10:30 am/4:30/11:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay Homestead-Miami 7:00 pm SPEED
11/26 Mon
Kurt Busch The Outlaw, A SPEED Special 8:00 am SPEED

Seeeee Ya's

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 pm

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html ... %20Daytona

Thanks to the link I found on another thread. Here is the countdown to Daytona.

It is 3* on Mount Washington

In Bridgton it is 24*

Yes, it is one cold morning in the North East and it is almost noon here.
Post a reply