FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR -Tuesday

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

Glad for the replay of the showdown race cause I'll have to take a break then. Gotta clear out the laundry room & such today because our hot water heater was leaking water out during the race. I heard the tank when I got home getting pizza for dinner last night, but thought it was the hubby taking a shower. 1 hr later after getting home when I went to get back at laundry I heard it but it was different, it was trying to fill & was making weird noises.

I told the hubby what I heard & he rushed into the laundry room, said it was pouring water into our crawl space & the bottom of the tank had a hole.

Well, the shut off valve hadn't been used in many many moons so when he tried to use it, it broke off & couldn't shut the water off.

Needless to say, we have no water in the house now period cause it's shut off at the main outside.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I thought water heaters lasted longer than 15-20 yrs. Guess not.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jsw14

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

Mornin gang, 59* & sunshine in the Villages :) goin up to 89*
Thx A, for reminding me that Richmond is a Night race!! I don't want too go back in the Dungeon this year :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Smokesprincess

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Its is like 100 here today.....ugh...And last week had hospital issues...but I made my picks and I did them this week too....Had LOTS of fun being tortured by Beav....but I'ma going to let someone else play...Lol..:)
The greatest thing in life is doing what people say you cannot do! (Unknown)
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Smokesprincess wrote:Its is like 100 here today.....ugh...And last week had hospital issues...but I made my picks and I did them this week too....Had LOTS of fun being tortured by Beav....but I'ma going to let someone else play...Lol..:)

WTG princess :) I hope u stay out of the one-point-club too 8-) 8-)
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

Goooood Morning SHR

Congrat's to Tony for his 3rd place finish and Ryan for 15th. Fell asleep about half way through the race. And didn't get to see it all. But from what I saw on Nascar.com, It was a real good finish.
I don't know what happened yesterday, thought I posted But only changed the day.
Welp, need to finish putting a water pump in the van. It started raining before I could finish it yesterday

04/29 Sun
Rolex Sports Car Series Homestead 1:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Victory Lane Richmond 9:00 pm/1:00 am SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 am

Hot water heater is fixed (again) & a little on the too hot setting. Gotta turn that back a little bit.
Aw.......water & hot water again. :)

Went to KY. Speedway yesterday. They had their Ford Fan Day there. I don't think it got as warm as the weather channel said it was going to get there, unless it warmed up to that after the thing was over with at 4, we left at 3.

Seen their new tunnel going from across the road's new parking lot which is in gravel, small gravel not the large at least. They took us on a little shuttle tour.

As for the road situation, I hate to say it, but it's going to be just like it was last year. One new lane each way in front of the gift shop just doesn't cut it.

The entire place was open to browse thru, but we didn't get to, hubby's leg was hurting too much from all the walking. Did get into some suite room. Lord, they sure could have used the A/C on in there, it was so stuffy you couldn't breathe, but a nice view of the track.

The line to the elevator to go up to the top was so long we didn't bother. Had to sign a form for everything, going up into the elevator, going on the shuttle..... Hum......they a little worried the elevator's going to give out & drop with a load of people in it? The tram's gas gonna stick & we go flying 70 MPH?

Took a shuttle to the infield, seen the trophy (copy) of what they gave away at Bristol.

Hubby & the kids sat in this man's legend car. We were talking to them a while & he let hubby & the kids in his car.

Watched the little Ledgends cars dash & some other littler cars, looked like a little kids mini stock car about the size of a go-kart.

Wasn't as much going on there as we thought there was going to be. Was cold & windy, sometimes the sun would peek out for a couple mins.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:17 am

Glad u have Hot water again SW :D But it's goin to be 91* here in Flori-Duh today :roll: I'll need a Cold Shower after the day is done :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 pm

It's 6:21 PM, cloudy & 64.
Tomorrow will be scattered T-storms high of 80

Thanks j, but 90's is just too hot for me anymore.
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Goooood Morning SHR

Ok, it's Monday and we're headed back of to the mountains western Virginy. Temps in to low 50's' with a chance of rain.

4/30 Mon
NASCAR Victory Lane Richmond 9:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00/11:00 pm SPEED

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am

Beautiful day in Maine from what I can tell on the radar map and it is 50* up there.

As for down here, it is currently 70* and is supposed to reach into the upper 80s...but it is also supposed to be sunny all day long.

Bring your sun screen out if going out and you are in the 5 point club...to be continued over there.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

We're warmer than expected today, we're sitting currently at 83*. Ever so little sun have coming thru the clouds. Can have possible severe storms today, but nothing on radar & not a drop has fallen yet :)
Hubby's on way home & we're grillin' hamburgers & hot dogs tonight. Tomorrow if no rain, we're having BBQ grilled chicken with corn on the cob & fresh green beans. Yesterday was steak on the grill & corn on the cob & fried taters.

5:20 PM......burgers are done, but I'm not crazy over burgers, so I have one chicken breast on the grill with BBQ sauce on it. Good thing it's about done, thunder boomers are on radar. The grill should have time to cool down before it goes back into the garage hopefully.
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Tuesday

Goooood Morning SHR

Welp, made it to work and no more leaks on the van. Course I changed most of the hose's when I changed the water pump. As long as I had it all tore down, It was easier then having to do it at a later date.

05/01 Tues
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
Kenny Wallace, Bob Dillner, Monica Palumbo

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Tuesday

We are already at our high for the day of 48* ... now bring on the rain for back home in Bridgton.

It is currently 69* at the lodge this morning with some fog. It is supposed to get into the upper 80s once the fog clears.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

awsum14

Post Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Wednesday

Goooood Morning SHR

This remodel is for the birds. But it's a job and now adays you have to take what they give ya. Been going through a s lot of CaJun Blck the past few weeks.

05/02 Wed.
NASCAR Race Hub reply 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay Richmond 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00/11:00 pm SPEED
Tommy Baldwin, Owner of Tommy Baldwin Racing
Luke Lambert, Crew Chief of the No. 2 NNS Richard Childress Racing Chevy
Matt Clark

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

Hot day today for us today like yesterday. Was muggy yesterday, mid 80's & again today.
Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby