FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Survivor, AI and other reality shows...

<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Survivor, AI and other reality shows...

jdpirate wrote:Funny that you and I have exactly the same thoughts on these survivors and who we like. I could have written your post! :D

:lol: GMTA, tlmerk!

Yeah, I have a feeling that Tony will get in the final 3...not liking that thought at all :([/quote]

I think the only reason I don't like Tony is because he sold out his fellow police officer... I don't remember her name. But it seems like if one cop can lie to another cop after swearing the "blue oath" or whatever... he doesn't respect the badge very much. I know some cops are like him and I don't like those kinds of cops. He really does give law enforcement a bad name. I actually liked watching Russell and the two are very similar IMO. It was fun to see what Hanz would do next. But this guy? I just want him outta there! And for the record... one of my players was also the most manipulative one out there... esp. the last time he was on the show: Boston Rob! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:59 pm

tlmerk wrote:
jdpirate wrote:Funny that you and I have exactly the same thoughts on these survivors and who we like. I could have written your post! :D

Yeah, I have a feeling that Tony will get in the final 3...not liking that thought at all :(

I think the only reason I don't like Tony is because he sold out his fellow police officer... I don't remember her name. But it seems like if one cop can lie to another cop after swearing the "blue oath" or whatever... he doesn't respect the badge very much. I know some cops are like him and I don't like those kinds of cops. He really does give law enforcement a bad name. I actually liked watching Russell and the two are very similar IMO. It was fun to see what Hanz would do next. But this guy? I just want him outta there! And for the record... one of my players was also the most manipulative one out there... esp. the last time he was on the show: Boston Rob! :D[/quote]

Sara or Sarah....yeah he swore on his badge (police badge). Good cop/bad cop? He double-dealt on that one. I think Tony is trying to emulate Russell, for what it's worth, but something just doesn't sit well with me on how he is doing it. Have to say, I was glad when Russell didn't win and I'll be happy if Tony doesn't! Definitely want him out before the final 3... :twisted:
Oh, I wasn't saying anything bad about Boston Rob-- he was manipulative, but not nasty about it--- and people were all to willing to go along with him. Rob had a plan from the get-go and never swayed from it and it worked. I liked him and was happy when he won. :)
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:32 am

jdpirate wrote:
tlmerk wrote:

Yeah, I have a feeling that Tony will get in the final 3...not liking that thought at all :(

I think the only reason I don't like Tony is because he sold out his fellow police officer... I don't remember her name. But it seems like if one cop can lie to another cop after swearing the "blue oath" or whatever... he doesn't respect the badge very much. I know some cops are like him and I don't like those kinds of cops. He really does give law enforcement a bad name. I actually liked watching Russell and the two are very similar IMO. It was fun to see what Hanz would do next. But this guy? I just want him outta there! And for the record... one of my players was also the most manipulative one out there... esp. the last time he was on the show: Boston Rob! :D

Sara or Sarah....yeah he swore on his badge (police badge). Good cop/bad cop? He double-dealt on that one. I think Tony is trying to emulate Russell, for what it's worth, but something just doesn't sit well with me on how he is doing it. Have to say, I was glad when Russell didn't win and I'll be happy if Tony doesn't! Definitely want him out before the final 3... :twisted:
Oh, I wasn't saying anything bad about Boston Rob-- he was manipulative, but not nasty about it--- and people were all to willing to go along with him. Rob had a plan from the get-go and never swayed from it and it worked. I liked him and was happy when he won. :)[/quote]

I liked Boston Rob because he was likeable and somehow got people to trust him and like him and then screwed them. And then he ended up marrying his Survivor romance which kind of made me think he wasn't all "game." But by the third or was it 4th time he was on the show, his condescending attitude was too much for me and I quit hoping he'd win.

I don't know that anyone really liked Russell or this Tony guy (except for Trish). Russell's son was creepy too and I think it was his brother that was on Big Brother and a douche bag too! But, it's television and those Hanz men make for good television. Re. Survivor, it would be boring if there wasn't at least one person to dislike each season. This season, it's Tony, and I have to think that production is prompting him to be more conniving! :D
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 am

While I'm sure that the production crew definitely likes the "bad guys" and what they bring to the show, I would be happier to see 2 or 3 guys (or girls) like Ozzy going at it in competition. His ability to dominate in both challenges and genuine survival skills is unparalleled in the game so far. Such a shame that he didn't win it all in his first season.
I think Tony is so brash, that the other players will not let him make the final 3, for fear of losing to him there. That scenario happens pretty often on Survivor. The problem is, who else, to this point would deserve the win? To me, no one does. Jeffra could, if she would have flipped at the last council. Spencer could, but he's pretty much done unless he wins every immunity challenge, or some other players flip on the alliance. The other players just haven't done enough, or anything, imo.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I LOVED Ozzy. Class act for the most part, but you never know how this editing works. They can make a nice guy look like a creep and vice versa. I liked Ozzy's talent. I never did like Rupert from day one though he was liked by a lot of fans. Not sure why as I usually like hippies! :D But, I think it's because he stole someone's shoes the very first day. It's interesting how sometimes the nice guys win and sometimes it's the guy like the very first winner! Funny.
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Okay, so this week's Survivor was interesting but Jeffra got voted out. She was a nice girl. Classy all way out IMO. Spencer is surprising me. He's full of himself but he's playing the game. I actually like his teammate and the fact that she won immunity yesterday was impressive. I think I have a new favorite, which means she'll probably be voted out tomorrow.
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 am

tlmerk wrote:I LOVED Ozzy. Class act for the most part, but you never know how this editing works. They can make a nice guy look like a creep and vice versa. I liked Ozzy's talent. I never did like Rupert from day one though he was liked by a lot of fans. Not sure why as I usually like hippies! :D But, I think it's because he stole someone's shoes the very first day. It's interesting how sometimes the nice guys win and sometimes it's the guy like the very first winner! Funny.

I loved Ozzy, too!
As for Rupert... I liked him because he did steal the shoes the first day :lol:
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri May 02, 2014 10:11 am

tlmerk wrote:Okay, so this week's Survivor was interesting but Jeffra got voted out. She was a nice girl. Classy all way out IMO. Spencer is surprising me. He's full of himself but he's playing the game. I actually like his teammate and the fact that she won immunity yesterday was impressive. I think I have a new favorite, which means she'll probably be voted out tomorrow.

Wasn't happy to see Jefra be voted out, but wasn't surprised. Yeah, Spencer is definitely playing the game. Tasha is a strong competitor...I hope she makes it farther than Kass or Trish.
Previous

Return to The Lobby