FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Survivor, AI and other reality shows...

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: Survivor, AI and other reality shows...

tlmerk wrote:So those of you who watch Survivor-- do you have any favorites yet? Anyone that makes you mad?

Spencer - the only "brain" w/an actual brain ... LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm

14Smokem wrote:OK so, I am kinda off base here........ BUT...
The one show (not reality) that I am hooked, hooked, hooked on is

The Mentalist......

It's bad, I even sometimes rewatch past episodes I have already viewed.
But the Top Ten on my recorder are all NASCAR... the next 15 are all automotive.
And, as Smokie said... If I am doing the couch potato act.... I then watch
all the learning stuff...... no matter what it is...

I'm torn on The Mentalist .... Love that it is centered in Sacto & surrounding bay area's ( :-) ) and love me some Simon Baker .... but sometimes the show itself kind of bores me. I like the parts when he's breaking it all down at the end and gets the guilty person to stick out. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:08 pm

Come on man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
These shows are so edited to make them look as dramatic as possible that sometimes I begin to wonder if they can still be considered reality shows or NOT (i. e. remember what some contestants were saying during those first few years of Survivor?...), and then, sometimes I wonder if there's a director/producer standing just "off-camera" who is cracking a whip over the contestants heads to make them seem as though their actually interested in what's being filmed that day. It's funny because as soon as I had this "cracking the whip over their heads scenario" visualized, the show "Big Bang Theory" came out shortly thereafter with an APP for their cell phones which sounded like a whip cracking whenever they held their arms up and made the "cracking the whip" action. These shows need to have more twists and turns added to them and they need to get back to being harder to endure/win, like when Survivor was in AFRICA and the contestants had to fetch their water out of the elephant dung hole and such, because no one loses all the weight the first ones seem to had to go thru and/or talks about NOT being able to take a crap for two weeks, you know, the good stuff the audience can appreciate and feel at the end like the winner actually deserves a million dollars...

OH YEAH, AND SURVIVOR NEEDS TO MAKE THE PRIZE 2 (TWO) MILLION DOLLARS NOW (which should have happened from the 20th season on because the show is a hit) SO THAT IT GETS MORE INTERESTING, NOT LESS INVITING...
_______________o^^^'^o^>

Today, we are driving on Mars...

Tomorrow, we may be racing there...

So, either lead, follow or get the f@ck out of my way...
<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09 pm

OH Yeah, I almost forgot...

What are we talking about reality shows for when the only true reality show is NASCAR RACING?....
_______________o^^^'^o^>

<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

TeamWFOwithNFB wrote:OH Yeah, I almost forgot...

What are we talking about reality shows for when the only true reality show is NASCAR RACING?....

Haha! Fair enough! But a bunch of people on here watch some of the reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother. So every season we have at least one of these threads where we can talk and vent and make fun of these contestants. I think reality TV must be getting more boring because we rarely post on these threads anymore.

Speaking of Survivor........ Dang the Tony got the special immunity idol. I'd almost respect this guy more if he wasn't a cop. Now, I think he's just a bully kind of wise guy that keeps getting lucky. Wonder if anyone wants him to win? I don't have a favorite anymore. I liked LJ but they sent him packing. IMO, no one is really likeable of the remaining survivors except for maybe Jefra.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45 pm

i guess the one show that doesnt get a full edit, is big brother, if you get the live feeds, sure they block certain content for legal reasons, but hey people love reality shows and they are cheaper to make then a sitcom or crime mystery show..
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 pm

That Tony guy is soooo smarmy. I hope Spencer messes with his head a lil
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:03 pm

onerockindoc wrote:That Tony guy is soooo smarmy. I hope Spencer messes with his head a lil

I'm leaning toward Spencer too, but unless he pulls something off next week, I'm afraid he's the next to go. I reread my last post and realized it sounded like I didn't like Tony because he's a cop. That's not what I meant. In fact, my youngest son is majoring in criminal justice next year to go into law enforcement. But, I think I do hold people in law enforcement to a higher degree of professionalism than this douchebag. I think Tony gives cops a bad name. He totally screwed his fellow office in blue and voted out. Booooo!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:04 pm

And my favorite on American Idol is Jena.. the young dark haired girl with a KILLER voice. So powerful!
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:54 am

Not sure why Spencer didn't give the idol to his buddy.
The others practically said who they were voting for, but he didn't pick up on the clues.
I like Spencer, but it's no secret that he's pretty much doomed.
Jeffra should have jumped ship like she agreed to. That's the only thing that would have made the next couple of weeks interesting. Plus, it would have been seen as a big power move to the jury, should she make the final 3.
Tony, not a fan at all. I like players who are good, but don't tell us constantly. :roll:
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 am

tlmerk wrote:

Haha! Fair enough! But a bunch of people on here watch some of the reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother. So every season we have at least one of these threads where we can talk and vent and make fun of these contestants. I think reality TV must be getting more boring because we rarely post on these threads anymore.

Speaking of Survivor........ Dang the Tony got the special immunity idol. I'd almost respect this guy more if he wasn't a cop. Now, I think he's just a bully kind of wise guy that keeps getting lucky. Wonder if anyone wants him to win? I don't have a favorite anymore. I liked LJ but they sent him packing. IMO, no one is really likeable of the remaining survivors except for maybe Jefra.

Yeah, I was very ticked that Tony found the special idol. That sucked. I really don't like him all that much.... shades of Russell Hantz-- finding idols and the deception and Rob Mariano -- getting everyone to blindly follow him.

I liked LJ and Jeremiah. Jefra and Spencer and Taisha are OK. Not liking Trish or Kass too much either.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:10 pm

jdpirate wrote:
tlmerk wrote:

Yeah, I was very ticked that Tony found the special idol. That sucked. I really don't like him all that much.... shades of Russell Hantz-- finding idols and the deception and Rob Mariano -- getting everyone to blindly follow him.

I liked LJ and Jeremiah. Jefra and Spencer and Taisha are OK. Not liking Trish or Kass too much either.

Funny that you and I have exactly the same thoughts on these survivors and who we like. I could have written your post! :D
<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 pm

I didn't mean that I don't watch the reality shows, I do and I watch BB, Survivor, Amazing Race and whatnot, but, I don't like cornball shows like the bachelor(ette), DWTS, etc. I was just trying to say that I wish they wouldn't change the timeline of occurrence of some of the more dramatic events to make such events look like they are more dramatic than they really are because you can tell sometimes that that is what they do just to make it look like such events contain more drama within them than they really do for those who are there and involved in such events. I could be wrong about this fact, but, it sure seems that that is what they do when the producers know the footage which they have for that week is less than desirable for airing, so, they try to "ham it up" with such editing.

I know you are all saying that you you don't like Tony the cop because he is such a "twitchy" guy with no "off" button and I feel pretty much the same about him and his finding of the special idol, but, then again this season would almost be boring without him because he's the most discussed contestant. I Have a feeling he's going to get near the end because of that idol, but, if he does he might win because of his ongoing control of the game or he might not because there will be someone there with him who is more likeable.
_______________o^^^'^o^>

<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 pm

TeamWFOwithNFB wrote:...
I know you are all saying that you you don't like Tony the cop because he is such a "twitchy" guy with no "off" button and I feel pretty much the same about him and his finding of the special idol, but, then again this season would almost be boring without him because he's the most discussed contestant. ...

True.
But I still don't have to like him. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum and the thread BTW. ;)
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Funny that you and I have exactly the same thoughts on these survivors and who we like. I could have written your post! :D[/quote]

:lol: GMTA, tlmerk!

Yeah, I have a feeling that Tony will get in the final 3...not liking that thought at all :(
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby