FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree House (club house) 2014 w/ golf course

<<

The Chef

Post Wed May 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Tree House (club house) 2014 w/ golf course

Dinner will be ready soon.

I have been working on fried chicken and a garden salad.

Uncle Beaver has been working on a potato salad and a variety of pies...blueberry, apple, and pecan. You get your choice of vanilla bean icecream or whip cream to go with it.

There are a wide variety of beverages on hand.
<<

The Chef

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Uncle Gopher works for Coke and they repossessed it so I bought it dirt cheap and am donating it to the Treehouse. Could not turn down this opportunity to have one of these. He said he would keep his eyes out for another one. We have installed this in the game room on the second floor.

coca cola.jpg
coca cola.jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:04 pm

I just got home and was going to put on the NBA game. The TV was left on the history channel so that popped on. I've seen a few minutes of the show before and it's made me think..."I bet that is what Beaver, Chef, and their family sound like, and maybe even look like." :lol: ;)
So....Down East Dickering...how true is that to you guys? :D 8-) :P :mrgreen:
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:26 pm

I watched the show "Down East Dickering" for the first time the other night as re-run and as I was watching it I found a lot of it to be factual and I think some of it was a little far fetched.

I live in an area where a lot of bartering takes place and have done a fair amount myself over the years, but some of the stuff they were doing just seemed a little stretched to me.

But, hey what do I know...if you work with certain people long enough, that really could be the way they operate.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 am

My nephew has so much to learn...why pay for what you can get for free. I contacted my brother beaver who works for Coke as Head of Sales in New England and got two of these machines. I have to say that I like the black ones better. They will be installed for setup tomorrow, one on the first floor and one on the ground floor in the laundry room. Brother Beaver says that you can create 106 flavor combinations with these machines. I imagine you can come up with some pretty disgusting flavors.

coca-cola-freestyle.png
coca-cola-freestyle.png (18.84 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 08, 2014 6:26 am

I went to the Coke museum in Atlanta back in the 90's. It was it's 4th year anniversary, so they were having a big promo day. Anyways, it was interesting to learn of, and sample, all the flavors that Coke markets around the world.
And speaking of disgusting ones beav., there's a bitter that they make called Beverly. Luckily, I was given a heads up on this from some friends in Florida before we left for Atlanta.
It was so nasty. But it made for some great pics as I told my friends I was traveling with, "try this, it's great." :twisted:

And on the "Down East Dickering" thing, I was really more interested in if you guys talk with that accent. It makes Boston's accent sound like a miniature version of people in Maine. ;)
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu May 08, 2014 7:27 am

there are actually a few different dialects in Maine depending on where you live. It is really a thick one like on the show in some of the coastal towns that are fishing villages in the Down East Coast areas like Machias, East Port, Friendship, Bar Harbor, etc... the further south you go the less you notice it. However, the further inland you go there is something totally different from that of the coast, especially if they live in the foothills and mountains like I do. You get up in the potato country or northern part of the state and it is much like that of Western Maine where the foothills and mountains are except you get a lot of farm analogies.

The other thing is we all take The Fair very seriously. For some people, that is a way of life. Who grows the biggest pumpkin, whose cattle can haul the most weight the longest distance, whose tractor can go the fastest...oh yes, very important take place at the fair. Last year a news reporter grew his own pumpkin and it weighed in at more than 1200 lbs.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Cheese Lasagna and homemade sauce w/ Italian bread and butter...there is also Stuffed Manicotti Shells. There is also a garden salad and about 10 different dressings to choose from to top it off with. There will also be a choice of either a Blueberry or Apple Crisp tonight for dessert, but you are welcome to have both if you would like.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri May 09, 2014 4:34 am

Well, there is fresh coffee to go with breakfast this morning. Yes, breakfast I said. We are having scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels in a variety of flavors thanks to " The Chef ", and your choice of beverages.
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 am

beaverpond wrote:there are actually a few different dialects in Maine depending on where you live. It is really a thick one like on the show in some of the coastal towns that are fishing villages in the Down East Coast areas like Machias, East Port, Friendship, Bar Harbor, etc... the further south you go the less you notice it. However, the further inland you go there is something totally different from that of the coast, especially if they live in the foothills and mountains like I do. You get up in the potato country or northern part of the state and it is much like that of Western Maine where the foothills and mountains are except you get a lot of farm analogies.

The other thing is we all take The Fair very seriously. For some people, that is a way of life. Who grows the biggest pumpkin, whose cattle can haul the most weight the longest distance, whose tractor can go the fastest...oh yes, very important take place at the fair. Last year a news reporter grew his own pumpkin and it weighed in at more than 1200 lbs.

Pretty interesting. I'd never have guessed there would be so many different speech patterns there. Those accents are pretty thick and funny on the show.
The fair is a pretty big deal back where I grew up, in Southwest Michigan/Northern Indiana too. A TON of people are involved in 4H from a very young age. My cousin is a champion in showing sheep. He and his niece, who is about 8 or 9, have won first place numerous times. The animals really are quite stunning....beautiful coats, gorgeous blue eyes, and pretty intelligent. Always enjoyed time on the farm when we were kids. Even if I did have to get up and help milk the cows at about 5am. ;)
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri May 09, 2014 9:31 am

Oh, and I'll take my coffee w/ cream, and an everything bagel made into a sandwich w/ scr. eggs, sausage and a little american cheese please. :D
<<

The Chef

Post Fri May 09, 2014 12:31 pm

That was a serve yourself type of meal...just like this one

There is a variety of chips with a variety of flavors and brands to choose from. I have been busy working on black olives, sweet onions, green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, bacon, ham, roast beef, turkey, American cheese, and Provolone Cheese. Feel free to help yourself at making your own Italians.
<<

jsw14

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:35 pm

j grabs some Popcorn & Beer Image How do I get a Tee-time around here :roll: :roll:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 pm

There is no sign-up, you just go out and have a good time
<<

jsw14

Post Fri May 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Hmmmm, I'll have to check the weather in Maine for tommorow mornin then. I don't golf unless it's 75* or above :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby