FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree House (club house) 2014 w/ golf course

<<

The Chef

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Tree House (club house) 2014 w/ golf course

You would have had to sign into our $400 a week kids camp.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:48 am

I figured I would clean up the treehouse this week. I am staying in the administration cabin with the a/c. I am pulling together a good size fireworks display on Thursday and Friday night. I am planning a cookout on both days. No cooking in the kitchen because of the amount heat we are all enduring unless weather changes our mind for us. We will be shooting off the fireworks from a float out on the water. I thought I would show you a sample of some I bought. he he he he he he
Me and fireworks, sounds like a winning combination.

I will be looking at preparing a surf and turf on one night and a regular BBQ on Friday. If anybody would like to add something to the spread, be my guest. Just let us know so we don't get too much duplication.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:30 am

I'll handle the corn-on-the-cob. (Plus bring some special fireworks.) ;)
The corn will be grilled and we'll have a couple of tall jars filled w/ a mixture of butter and water to dip the corn in. It works and tastes great w/ less mess and fuss than butter alone.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:16 am

Beaver and fireworks!?! What could go wrong there... :shock: :roll: ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:06 am

Well at least it is not 1980 and I am not 12 years old and we will not have a repeat of the 4th of July like we had that year.

It all started out innocent enough with a good ole' fashion BBQ. Yup, the type with those charcoal briquettes and the electric charcoal starter. No problem so far, even cooked the whole meal. Let the coals cool for a few hours and dumped them into the ash bucket and took them down to the ash pit. Could tell they were still warm, so I dumped about 20 gallons of water on them...apparently not enough because this was one of those really dry hot summers and a few hours later my dog was barking up a storm in the backyard. Wondering what her problem was, I went to check on her. Yup, the whole backyard was on fire. I called the fire department who also called for the forestry service. My parents had gone to the beach and were on their way home. They had seen all the fire trucks passing them and were wondering where they were going and as the trucks were going by they kept commenting, as I have been told, isn't it funny how we all are going the same direction? What surprised them the most was the fact the all the fire trucks were surrounding their driveway and property. The fire burned down more than an acre of trees.

Of course from then my friend and I all the way through high school would sit out in the ditch and start fires and see how far we could go before it would become a problem. It never became a problem, although we had frequent visits from the fire chief who lived next door to us. He figured by talking to us directly and not our parents, he was doing us a favor...boy was he ever wrong. It never stopped us, now if he told our parents that might have been a different story. This coming from the guy with anger issues as a teen and into his early twenties. I had a habit of putting holes in my walls and then covering them up with Garfield posters. But that could be a story for another time.
Image Image

<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 pm

OK..... I'll bring Caesar Salad and Pasta/Veggie Salad.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:39 am

Time to start working on the desserts for tonight because everything is either going to be a chilled dessert or a frozen one. I am pulling out the icecream machine to make a blueberry swirl icecream as well as a black raspberry caramel crème swirl icecream and I am also working on a strawberry chocolate swirl caramel swirl icecream. There will be a variety of sides for these like whipcream, cherries, nuts, jimmies, etc...

I am also making a stars and strips dessert. It has a blueberries, strawberries, white chocolate, grape jello, and homemade whipcream. I am working on the mother of all shortcake desserts that is four layers thick made with a croissant type of dough and Chef is working on this one, but it will also have a variety of berries including blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and I think he mentioned adding in grapes and bananas and topping it off with a large helping of homemade whipcream.

Chef is working the grills tonight for Chicken, Steak, & Ribs. He will be will also be working on some different skewers on the grill filled with different fruits and veggies.

I will be working on the Lobster Pots were there will be Lobster, Clams, Shrimp, Scallops and Corn on the Cob. This will all be done in North Atlantic Sea Water with Rock Weed.

There will be potato salad, garden salad, pasta salad, chef's salad, and a wide variety of salad dressings available. These provided myself, Chef, and other members.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 am

A friend of mine contacted me last night about offering up a couple of his pigs for a pig roast and of course I am not about to turn down an opportunity to turn down free food or an opportunity to BBQ.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Looks like there should be plenty of people heading this direction.

Looks like my whole family will be here for the next couple of weeks.
Image Image

<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Enjoy the family time ;)
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Despite my daughter picking Brad for the win, we are dragging her along as punishment. :twisted:
Image Image

<<

The Chef

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:36 pm

BREAKFAST

Just got here...brought in fruit so I can make a fruit cup. It will have watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes.

There will also be scrambled eggs mixed with fresh chopped bacon and shredded melted mozzarella cheese.

I will be rolling out some dough for some homemade cinnamon buns as well.

LUNCH

I will be firing up the grill for hotdogs and hamburgers. I will be working on a garden salad to go with this. For dessert I am looking at doing a similar fruit cup except this one will be inside the watermelon and will have whipcream to spritz on top.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 am

beaverpond wrote:Despite my daughter picking Brad for the win, we are dragging her along as punishment. :twisted:

Punishment for... ? (inquiring minds want to know)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am

beaverpond wrote:Despite my daughter picking Brad for the win, we are dragging her along as punishment. :twisted:

Uh OH! Does the punishment "fit the crime"? :lol: :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:36 pm

Punishment for running around the house gloating how she can pick better than the rest of us. Gloating is not very lady like.
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby