FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question of the Day

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: Question of the Day

Favorite colors. I love all colors but the two I can't see enough of is brown and red.

Stick to your own thoughts. The other guy isn't always right.

My favorite gadget is an ancient potato peeler I have.

I never had a field trip in school but I was with my son and another child from his class went to Detroit and went to where Henry Ford has many things in the village, museum , and other places. The kids enjoyed it as General Motors is here and kids know where the cars are built.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

hboyle

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:51 pm

ndunn wrote:Stick to your own thoughts. The other guy isn't always right.

I like it! That's some solid advice right there that I wish I had told my younger self too. :)
<<

thorman52

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:04 pm

My favorite gadget: I have a flashlight that I bought on sale for $15. I use it all the time and it lights up a large area in the basement or in my stairwell and even in the back yard from inside I can scare off animals. Weighs about a pound.

Coming in to a close second and maybe taking over first place soon is my magnifying glass. My eyesight is getting worse and the size of print in some of my mailings are so small I use it more and more.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:24 pm

My favorite gadget is my camera :) Click-Click ;) As long as I'm Not in the Pic :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

hboyle

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:49 pm

My favorite gadget is probably my phone - I got an iPhone 4 for 97 cents on an upgrade over a year ago, and I love that thing.

New question - for all you cooks, what's your favorite cooking appliance?

I'd have to say that I absolutely low my crock pot. I love slow-cooked meals. They're always so good! :)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 pm

does the george foreman grill count? i make turkey burgers on there, yummy yum yum!
<<

ndunn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 2:36 pm

hboyle, Actually I was ahead of myself in thinking for a female. Now sometimes it got me in trouble. Like the time I told teacher she was not pronouncing a word correctly. That was a firestorm. I was attending a one room school and we didn't get the most educated teachers. She told my father who was on the school board and I caught he$$ and was made to apologize. The word was a Spanish word and even tho I'm not Spanish and speak very little Spanish I was correct.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

jsw14

Post Thu May 01, 2014 7:32 pm

BBQ Grill...........Yummmmmmmmie :)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

thorman52

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 pm

I've only been cooking for about 18 months or so. My favorite cooking appliance is my two 12" skillets. I cook my pancakes, eggs, burgers and much more on them. I've got a killer recipe for Amish Hash Browns that I make regularly. Love em. Eat them hot then eat them cold. Got the skillets at garage sales, like most of what I own. I try slow cooking but never seem to get it just right. Some things come out okay but not much.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Rachael J

Post Fri May 02, 2014 12:18 am

The microwave! :) I also use the toaster oven a lot!
#EarnhardtJR88 #MyChaseNation Go JR!!!
#ISupportSmoke
<<

Searchers

Post Fri May 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Good point Rachael.

Speaking as a guy who sometimes needs to feed himself the microwave oven is a lifesaver. :)
<<

ndunn

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:24 pm

thorman52 wrote:I've only been cooking for about 18 months or so. My favorite cooking appliance is my two 12" skillets. I cook my pancakes, eggs, burgers and much more on them. I've got a killer recipe for Amish Hash Browns that I make regularly. Love em. Eat them hot then eat them cold. Got the skillets at garage sales, like most of what I own. I try slow cooking but never seem to get it just right. Some things come out okay but not much.

thorman, a garage sale IS the best place to buy cookware. I have pan I use to make fudge in and that is the only thing. The heat stays the same all over. I also have a roaster that I bought the same way and it can't be beat to cook a roast in. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it.

<<

thorman52

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

ndunn said
thorman, a garage sale IS the best place to buy cookware. I have pan I use to make fudge in and that is the only thing. The heat stays the same all over. I also have a roaster that I bought the same way and it can't be beat to cook a roast in. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it.

I agree. I've gotten all my cookware from garage sales. Last year I bought a mixer for 25 cents. I didn't think I'd use it much but I was wrong. I use it quite a bit. I'm just a novice cook but what I mess up I can't blame it on the cookware.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm

What tip could you give us for doing a household chore? Either to make it go by fast, or to help do it well.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 06, 2014 5:18 am

when it comes to windows or mirrors i use a squeegee, i have different sizes, makes the job go by quick, i have a wall of mirrors and i have to stay on top of that to keep clean takes less then 3 mins
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby