FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question of the Day

<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:08 am

Re: Question of the Day

Generally, my breakfast is a banana and a Special K Protein Shake. If I have time and other fruit around--mix of cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon, pineapple, strawberries and raspberries is my other breakfast favorite.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm

I used to love my cereal in the mornings but can't drink milk products anymore. I still have 2 eggs over medium, bacon crisp, homemade hash browns, and wheat toast. Some mornings in the summer months it's just a piece of fruit like peach, plum, orange, or apple. Lots of black coffee also.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I can't eat in the morning. Have rarely been able to. Just a few cups of coffee.

I love me my breakfast food items tho - cereals, eggs, pancakes, etc. and will eat them at different times in the day, like for lunch or dinner.

Rochelle said - "it's always the same... 2 eggs over medium, bacon, hash browns and sourdough toast"

Whoa Rochelle ... we eat the exact same thing! Even down to the sourdough toast and eggs over medium. Scary .... great minds eat alike? ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Biscuits and gravy with patty sausages in between the biscuits, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns.
That's my favorite.
Mostly, it's Mini-Wheats and a bagel w/ cream cheese.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am

lol smokie, maybe it's a Cali thing? Were you born there? I was born and raised in SoCal for almost 40 years... Would go back if I could afford to live there!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:00 pm

scrambled egg whites, wheat toast, and Canadian bacon, cranberry juice.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Rochelle wrote:lol smokie, maybe it's a Cali thing? Were you born there? I was born and raised in SoCal for almost 40 years... Would go back if I could afford to live there!

Yep, born & raised a " ( sf ) bay area brat" Born in Concord, ( close to Schmoopy's old back yard ) and lived in just about every city - Tracy, P-Town, Livermore, Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward, Fremont, Union City... so that's my old 'stomping grounds' - basically along 580 & 680 LOL {{ 580 used to be called 'The Nimitz' and had the VERY first "Diamond Lane" in the county, state & country. ;-) }}

I took a 6 - 7 yr hiatus (from '79 to '86 ) and lived in western Montana. LOVED MT ! In some ways, I kind of wish I never came back to Cali ... and would move back to w. MT. in a heart beat. Cali is my home state and always will be - - but let's face it ...

~ if immigrants don't take over ( seriously! )
~ if Cali doesn't slip / crack off into the sea
~ if a volcano or another earthquake doesn't do some serious damage all over
~ if the environmentalists don't choke the life out of humans,
~ if the ( ultra ) liberal politics don't run you out
~ if the state does not actually and really, go broke within years

then the land is drying up. :-(

Last one out, remember to turn the lights off. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 pm

smokieonefour wrote:
Rochelle wrote:lol smokie, maybe it's a Cali thing? Were you born there? I was born and raised in SoCal for almost 40 years... Would go back if I could afford to live there!

Yep, born & raised a " ( sf ) bay area brat" Born in Concord, ( close to Schmoopy's old back yard ) and lived in just about every city - Tracy, P-Town, Livermore, Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward, Fremont, Union City... so that's my old 'stomping grounds' - basically along 580 & 680 LOL {{ 580 used to be called 'The Nimitz' and had the VERY first "Diamond Lane" in the county, state & country. ;-) }}

I took a 6 - 7 yr hiatus (from '79 to '86 ) and lived in western Montana. LOVED MT ! In some ways, I kind of wish I never came back to Cali ... and would move back to w. MT. in a heart beat. Cali is my home state and always will be - - but let's face it ...

~ if immigrants don't take over ( seriously! )
~ if Cali doesn't slip / crack off into the sea
~ if a volcano or another earthquake doesn't do some serious damage all over
~ if the environmentalists don't choke the life out of humans,
~ if the ( ultra ) liberal politics don't run you out
~ if the state does not actually and really, go broke within years

then the land is drying up. :-(

Last one out, remember to turn the lights off. ;-)

Well I'd say that about sums it up! I miss the beach though. Was raised around the beach cities in the South Bay area, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Torrance... Don't really miss the earthquakes but they never bothered me much, guess I was used to them. My aunt was a Sierra Club tree-hugger,wow, she could drive you nuts! Used to ride motorcycles in desert races, I thought I'd never hear the end of that! It's not like people were out there hiking in the middle of nowhere... Some things I miss and some I don't. Still, a lot of good memories...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 am

No politics in this thread huh? I counter and submit

"A liberal is a man or woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
~~Leonard Bernstein

"Once you leave the womb, conservatives don’t care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for."
~~George Carlin

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
~~John Kenneth Galbraith

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
~~Aldous Huxley

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich."
~~John F. Kennedy

"Hookers in Times Square, God bless ‘em, are offering a Mitt Romney Special. For an extra $20 they’ll change positions."
~~David Letterman

"Trying to get today’s Republican to accept basic facts is like trying to get your dog to take a pill. You have to feed them the truth wrapped in a piece of boloney, hold their snout shut, and stroke their throats. And even then, just when you think they’ve swallowed it, the spit it out on the linoleum."
~~Bill Maher

"If conservatives get to call universal healthcare ‘socialized medicine’ then I get to call private-for-profit healthcare ‘soulless, vampire #### making money off human pain’."
~~Bill Maher

"I am also very proud to be a liberal. Why is that so terrible these days? The liberals were liberators—they fought slavery, fought for women to have the right to vote, fought against Hitler, Stalin, fought to end segregation, fought to end apartheid. Liberals put an end to child labor and they gave us the five day work week! What's to be ashamed of?"
~~Barbra Streisand

"The idea of a liberal media bias is simply a myth. If only it were true, we might have a more humane, open-minded, and ultimately effective public debate on the issues facing the country."
~~Barbra Streisand

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 pm

With Washington state and Colorado legalizing recreational use of marijuana what is your thoughts on a nationwide legalization of the use of marijuana?

I grew up in the 60s and never used pot until 1966 while in the Navy. In the 70s and 80s it became a way of life. I find that it is relaxing and helps my problem with restless leg syndrome. In fact a VA doctor suggested me to try pot for my RLS. I'm going on record of saying that pot should be legalized. Legalization and use of course comes with responsibility and common sense. Never drive or use while operating machinery. Tax the sales just like alcohol and limit the use to adults over the age of 21. I understand if you don't want to go on record whether pro or con but I am interested as the thoughts of our members.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 am

thorman52 wrote:With Washington state and Colorado legalizing recreational use of marijuana what is your thoughts on a nationwide legalization of the use of marijuana?

I grew up in the 60s and never used pot until 1966 while in the Navy. In the 70s and 80s it became a way of life. I find that it is relaxing and helps my problem with restless leg syndrome. In fact a VA doctor suggested me to try pot for my RLS. I'm going on record of saying that pot should be legalized. Legalization and use of course comes with responsibility and common sense. Never drive or use while operating machinery. Tax the sales just like alcohol and limit the use to adults over the age of 21. I understand if you don't want to go on record whether pro or con but I am interested as the thoughts of our members.

I don't have a problem if they want to legalize it, I just don't like it myself. But Colorado is reporting an increase in their young homeless population they're attributing to some that came there for jobs in that industry. One of my bigger dollar payrolls I process is a dispensary. Who am I to judge?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 am

i dont think politics or religion should be introduced at this site, it never worked before only made for one big cluster of a mess.

and i have no issue with people smoking pot, im sure in 10 years it will be legal in all 50.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am

Overall, I don't like it. If it is used strictly for medicinal purposes, then fine. BUT we know that won't happen.
My biggest problem is that with this, like everything else....unscrupulous people will be out to make money, etc.., then then problems start, plus, trusting the government to control it---ugh--enough said.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Well... I think y'all know where I stand on the subject ... LOL

Medicinal use? 100% Yes.

Recreational use? Restricted to adults, with all the right checks & balances in place.

Just a few tidbits to throw out ....

Pot was made illegal in the 30's pretty much, by the cotton industry. Hemp was their chief rival, so the cotton industry played the scary race card ( Mexican workers ) and made it illegal. ((See Harry J. Anslinger for reference.))

Hemp has been grown and used, since before the colony days. Every ship that sailed, had rope and sails made from hemp. Several early presidents grew crops of it, as did others. Hemp was a necessity of life, back then. Clothes were spun from it, giving us the phrase "home spun." (( See Marijuana in the colonies, for reference ))

The Chinese have used it medicinally for thousands of years ... and like I like to say about Chinese medicine ... "you don't survive for thousands of years, if there is nothing to it."

Nixon created The National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse (a.k.a. "the Shafer Commission") in the 70's to show the harm of pot. Thing was, it backfired and began the beginning of learning of what pot could do to help.

Some reports show that, in spite of a few 'new' charges popping up, the de-criminalization and the legalization so far has saved MILLIONS in associated court costs and jail time.

"Jeffrey A. Miron from MIT made a similar claim in his assessment of drug laws in Massachusetts.3 Applying the same assumptions used by Bates, he estimated that the state would reduce its criminal justice expenditures by $120.6 million per year. The largest savings would be in the courts ($68.5 million), followed by police ($40.3 million) and corrections ($13.6 million). And, Michael Aldrich, Tod Mikuriya, and Gordon Bronwell have claimed that California’s pioneering decriminalization law (SB 95) was generating over $30 million per year in reduced police costs."

Altho pot is showing some new and incredible healing & medicinal qualities ... there are also valid reports that show the harm, especially to ( unformed ) teenage brains and pregnant mothers. The key here is moderation and control.

I personally believe that alcohol produces more pain, hurt, broken families, lives destroyed & lost, laws broken, than pot.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Thorman, I loved your quotes! :-)

I consider myself to be pretty liberal, in a democratic sense... but when I say Cali "ultra" liberal politics... I submit the names Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein. Need I say more? LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby