FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question of the Day

<<

Rachael J

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 am

Re: Question of the Day

I've got way behind on questions! How many states have I been to? Well, only one; Tennessee. Went to Oak Ridge, when I was a little girl. I've never got to do any traveling...

Favorite childhood cartoon: Looney Tunes ....Favorite childhood movie: The Lion King

Favorite Halloween costume: My friend always threw the best Halloween parties in his parents garage. One year I dressed as a French Maid. Another time just threw some stuff together, black shirt, skirt and a wig. I was supposed to be scary, but my friends Granny thought I was pretty. :)
#ISupportSmoke
#SmokeHasRisen
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:13 pm

States? Cali native ( born & raised ) - Idaho ( agree w/ TLMerk - gorgeous upper half of the state! ), Montana, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Indiana, Ohio, N & S Carolina's, Lose-ee-anna ( hee hee hee spelling it the way I pronounce it ) Texas and maybe a few others I'm forgetting. Mostly in the Northwest it looks like.

Fav cartoon ? Any other figures go crazy for a snack that makes them feel good? ( Hee hee hee )

Winnie The Pooh & Dr Suess were some of my faves too. Tigger been a fav since I can remember, followed closely by Eyeore. Loved me some Taz(manian Devil ), Bugs bunny, Sylvester and last but not least ...the Wiley the coyote - loved that he never quit. :-)

Halloween has always been a fav of mine, my family & friends too. Seems every year someone will throw a party. As a kid, we never "bought" store made costumes. We had to think up our own idea and then make it w/out buying anything else additional... and that was it. LOL The FUN came in later years where I COULD buy & dress up as anything I wanted. Been a devil, an angel, a gypsy, a greek goddess, a tiger, a twin, a zombie ... and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting. LOL

One of myy sisters ( the bad one, still alive ) always took the slut side - whatever she attempted, it always brought out her slut side ... so I went the other way w/creativeness, silliness.... that kind of stuff. :-) I COMPLETELY understand a normal woman dressing up sexy on Halloween, as it's a day for fantasy & escape ... but you would have to see the pics of sis, to see how far she took it OVER the line .... every year. LOL

Thru the years I have noticed that sister is not alone. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

hboyle

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 am

IT'S RACE DAY RACE FANS!!!!!!

Okay, here's another fun one - favorite drivers aside, if you found yourself to be a NASCAR driver, what would you want your car number to be and why? Okay, go...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:27 am

92........... in honor of my first dog lenny... that is when she was born.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:30 am

34 ~ Sweetness (Walter Payton)
I just always thought it was a cool sports number.
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 am

My College Football and Baseball Number
<<

14Smokem

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 am

It was my Sprinters number....

Picked it back before electronic scoring
I knew the lap counters would find it easy
to score and never miss us. :D :D
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:12 am

I have two numbers that were lucky for me playing Michigan Lotto. #9 & 73. I won lots of money for two years and then nada since. Just about as lucky as my Tony Treasure coins.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:58 am

I have to choose one? Out of 4, 5, 13 and a few others? Probably 13 as it may be unlucky for some it's somewhat lucky for me :twisted:
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

hboyle

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm

After some thought, I'd probably pick the number 23. I've always liked that number, and actually, if you look hard enough, you could easily turn thee number 23 into a B. :) Of course, you could also do this with 13, but I prefer the number 23.

Okay, new question: What is the largest sum of money you have ever found just lying on the ground (not formerly yours so money lying around your house doesn't count)?

One time, I was just walking around my neighborhood and found $12. That's the most I ever found. My mother found $200 in the Walmart parking lot around Christmas. She turned it into lost and found at Walmart, but no one came to claim it so they let her keep it. Great Christmas gift from God if you ask me. :)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:17 pm

does it count if we found it at work???
back in the 90's i worked in accounts payable (data processing) for a department store chain, well one day a co-worker was sick and they had me check the money envelopes for any loose change, well boy howdy did i find some loose change! 25 thousand dollars...... i turned it in cuz mommy raised a good kid, they gave me a gift card for 25 dollars to the store, i couldnt get anything with it, but a pair of socks..... one would think they would be a lil more grateful....
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm

I'd say $20.00 was the largest I found. No story, really.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

Searchers

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Many many many years ago during the Christmas shopping season I was making a night deposit at a temporary set up bank while they built the real one. The night deposit door /drawer /slot was so filled up it was actually jammed open and I could remove other peoples bags of deposits. Was crazy. Obviously I notified the bank and waited for a rep to fix the problem.
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Found a $20 bill left in an ATM once. Second place is when I was waiting for the bus on the way to school I looked down in the street by the curb was a wad of bills in a rubber band. You would have thought I struck gold. It turned out to be 17 one dollar bills, which I put to good use as a 15 yr. old.

My friends always said I was a "penny pincher" because I'd pick up every coin I saw lying in the street, or anywhere else for that matter. My motto is "I never met a coin I didn't like." I bet I'm about $50 dollars richer throughout my life picking up coins. :D
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:41 am

Does this count?
Back in the late 80's, Orlando's E-W Expy had the old-time toll booths at the on-ramps. One night me and my friends were driving on and when I tossed my coin into the basket, I heard it clink other coins. Something had stopped up the coin-booth and it was over-flowing with coins. It probably wasn't the right thing to do, but egged on by my buddies, I just started shoveling coins out and throwing them on the floor of my car. :oops: :lol:
I don't remember how much it was total, but it was in the $60 range. I still think about that and how many people just tossed money blindly into that thing. The light never changed to green for them, so they had to know. :? Some people are oblivious to certain things. ;)
The tolls were only supposed to be in place long enough to pay for the road. But they lied to everyone and never stopped collecting them. So I didn't feel too bad. :mrgreen:
Today, I think FL is still one of the highest per mile toll roads in the country. That expy was back then.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby