FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question of the Day

<<

thorman52

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: Question of the Day

Funny story muskrat and it reminds me of my first Boxer Tammy when I was about 13. She would wait at the doorway to the kitchen until we had her bowl ready and told her go get it. Forgot to say the magic words one night and found her at the doorway fast asleep about an hour later. What obedience.

Also, we used to give her our leftovers (not recommended these days) and gave her some beef stew one night. She ate it alright but on the floor and in a small pile in her dish were all the peas and carrots. Picky, picky, doggie.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:06 pm

IF YOU COULD SIT ON THE BENCH, AND CHAT WITH ANYONE FOR ONE HOUR.......PAST OR PRESENT, WHO WOULD THAT BE??

My Mom.....
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:28 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
jdpirate wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:Febuary 19th 2001,

Why was that the best day of your life, MJ?

just met the most amazing woman that changed me forever.......

:D AW!!! So nice, MJ!! Glad you answered my :?: as for a lot of people in NASCAR it was a dark day due to the the 500 the day before...
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Annalee wrote:IF YOU COULD SIT ON THE BENCH, AND CHAT WITH ANYONE FOR ONE HOUR.......PAST OR PRESENT, WHO WOULD THAT BE??

My Mom.....

Well, I think I said this before, but I said my dad (was 10 when he died). But thinking on this I'd have to say...3 people..... My Dad, my sister, Sandy who we lost in May of 2010 and my Mom, who we lost in August of 2013. I would love to see them all again and give them hugs and talk to them :cry:
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
[]Never Quit...... Marcus Luttrell
<<

tlooney14

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 pm

my mom she passed when i was 19 ....im 50 now
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Eleanor............
<<

hboyle

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

If you were to get stuck on an island and only had the time to grab one item (besides the clothes on your back), what item would you choose?
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 pm

A good sturdy hunting knife.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm

thorman52 wrote:Funny story muskrat and it reminds me of my first Boxer Tammy when I was about 13. She would wait at the doorway to the kitchen until we had her bowl ready and told her go get it. Forgot to say the magic words one night and found her at the doorway fast asleep about an hour later. What obedience.

Also, we used to give her our leftovers (not recommended these days) and gave her some beef stew one night. She ate it alright but on the floor and in a small pile in her dish were all the peas and carrots. Picky, picky, doggie.

I'd loved to have known your dog. We had a Schnauzer that was diabetic and had shots twice a day. He wasn't very good about eating his food so I would bake chicken and then shred it and put it in his dish with his prescription food on top. He had to eat that to get to the good stuff. The Vet said it was okay to feed him like that. After he passed the Vet told us the way we took care of Alfie he lived 7 years longer than he thought he would.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm

A very well written encyclopedia so I could check out the berries, plants, etc. that I could eat.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 pm

If I could sit down and talk to someone it would be my maternal grandmother. My mother was adopted when she was 3 days old and we knew nothing about our mother's family for years. This lady had a very sad life and I would like to know why she was treated the way she was. While I'm at it I'd like to give my grandfather a piece of my mind. From the way things look on paper he wasn't a very nice man.

<<

thorman52

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

ndunn said:
I'd loved to have known your dog. We had a Schnauzer that was diabetic and had shots twice a day. He wasn't very good about eating his food so I would bake chicken and then shred it and put it in his dish with his prescription food on top. He had to eat that to get to the good stuff. The Vet said it was okay to feed him like that. After he passed the Vet told us the way we took care of Alfie he lived 7 years longer than he thought he would.[/quote]

You're a miracle worker to have extended your Schnauzer's life that long. One of the bad things about Boxers is the have many medical issues from epilepsy to cancer and their life expectancy is only about 10 years. The Boxer I last posted about, Tammy, lived the longest at 14 years. I can't say enough about the many attributes Boxers have. I lost all my personal belongings about 7 years ago including pictures. One picture of Shaq and his little sister Morgan survives (no blood relation) and I'm going to try to take a picture of a picture to show them off.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

one thing id like to have with me is my Ipod.......
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm

thorman52 wrote:ndunn said:
I'd loved to have known your dog. We had a Schnauzer that was diabetic and had shots twice a day. He wasn't very good about eating his food so I would bake chicken and then shred it and put it in his dish with his prescription food on top. He had to eat that to get to the good stuff. The Vet said it was okay to feed him like that. After he passed the Vet told us the way we took care of Alfie he lived 7 years longer than he thought he would.

You're a miracle worker to have extended your Schnauzer's life that long. One of the bad things about Boxers is the have many medical issues from epilepsy to cancer and their life expectancy is only about 10 years. The Boxer I last posted about, Tammy, lived the longest at 14 years. I can't say enough about the many attributes Boxers have. I lost all my personal belongings about 7 years ago including pictures. One picture of Shaq and his little sister Morgan survives (no blood relation) and I'm going to try to take a picture of a picture to show them off.
[/quote]

Our dog lived to be 11 and his health problems started when he was 3 with the spring allergy. Usually it only lasts a few weeks but his was year round. The he developed the diabetes. Alfie was like a third child for us and at times was funny as all get out. All pet dogs are like this and I can see why they are members of the family. I hope your picture turns out okay. It really should not be a problem. It will be priceless for you. I have an album of Alfie and I'm so pleased we took so many photo's of him.

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:31 pm

"Our dog lived to be 11 and his health problems started when he was 3 with the spring allergy. Usually it only lasts a few weeks but his was year round. The he developed the diabetes. Alfie was like a third child for us and at times was funny as all get out. All pet dogs are like this and I can see why they are members of the family. I hope your picture turns out okay. It really should not be a problem. It will be priceless for you. I have an album of Alfie and I'm so pleased we took so many photo's of him." NDunn quote"

Alfie sounds like Stewie....he has soooo many allergies!! So much so that I cook his meals, that way I know what he is eating....He eats better than a lot of people, but one thing he doesn't like are carrots. Like Thormans Tammy,he picks them out and places them beside the bowl, and then when he is finished eating.......... my little Bristelle cleans up after him....She likes carrots :) they are funny.....
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby