Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Feuding

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Okay, this is just my opinion, but I'm compelled to bring it up. If being a Tony Stewart Fan has taught me anything it is that there is a time for rivalry and a time to respect each other.

I'm not much of a Major League Baseball fan any longer, but the news stories of the last few days have caught my attention. Last night the Dodgers and the Giants put it in very poignant words. Rivalry on the field of play is one thing. Rivalry off the field is not appropriate.

There are fans of many different drivers here, and I try to respect that. It is difficult to hold my standard when someone gets on this blog and bad mouths SHR drivers, but I try. Fans of other drivers who also support SHR I welcome here, and wish to have exchanges with them.

As of late, however, the slinging of slurs has gone past drivers and other NASCAR people, and has become personal. This activity has me concerned and it seems demoralizing for the blog. I do not want to see our site go downhill.

I hope some of you will agree with me enough to keep our comments respectful.

Re: Feuding

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I do agree. I try to keep it respectful with everyone. There is one member here who annoys me to no end but I try to be polite and not say anything to him.

I think the current issue is we have two hard heads and when they butt, it's ike those goats or whatever on the Discovery Channel running into each other. BOOM. BOOM.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Thank you for your support S14TS.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Have not been on so much lately but I always try to respect everyones views.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Hope you can spend more time with us now.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:54 pm

:idea: Well said Nana. :idea:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Agree with you NascarNana 100%. That is why I usually lurk in the background. I learned long ago that feuds on the internet just mushroom, and the best thing to do is just not respond.

I hope it stops soon.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 pm

14SHRfan39 wrote:and the best thing to do is just not respond.

BINGO :!: ;) *both thumbs up*

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 am

I always try to respect everybody on their opinions everyone has a right to them called freedom of speech

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:37 am

I agree with all of you. I did respond once on the old site and was creamed. Now I figure either the webmaster will take care of it . There are alot of threads I just don't read.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:24 pm

All your comments are appreciated by me. I hope our spirit of respect for each other grows throughout the site.
Post a reply