Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Favorite Movie

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Just to shake things up a bit - what's your favorite movie? If that's too hard - what's your favorite movie from this past year?

I just watched Frozen, and I absolutely loved it. It's definitely my favorite movie that came out within the last year, but The Book Thief is a very close second. Highly recommend both of these! :)

Re: Favorite Movie

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 pm

"Tommy Boy" is my favorite, I love Chris Farley, a close 2nd is the Big Lebowski...... I would have loved to have a nickname like "The Dude."

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 am

I have "too" many favorite movies! Rio Bravo, Twister, Ten Commandments, Any Elvis movie! I could go on & on! Favorite from last year, Fast & Furious 6. Love that series of movies. Still sad about Paul Walkers death. :(

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 am

Toby Tyler, or Ten Weeks with a Circus 1960
Hey, I was 9 yrs old and living in a foster home. We all had our dreams...

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:55 am

Caddyshack, Green Mile, The Shining, Airplane! The ORIGINAL Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp RUINED it for ALOT of people)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 am

I gotta go with MW on Willy Wonka but my all time fave has to be Shawshank Redemption.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 am

i dont blame johnny depp as much as i blame tim burton.....

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am

One of my all-time favorites is Rudy, hand's down. Another favorite of mine is My Cousin Vinny. That movie is hilarious! :)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I'd probably say "Animal House".

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 pm

i remember in 9th grade, my friend and i went to see Porky's, i never laughed so hard at movie

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Schindler's List - only movie that affected me on a deep level

The Wayan Brothers "Scary Movies" ALWAYS make me laugh.

One of my old time Fave's is "The Incredible Journey" about the 2 dogs & cat. Love the whole movie... and even tho I KNOW that Shadow is coming.... that kid still makes me cry! "He was too old, he couldn't make it!"

Love Disney's movie "Spirit - The Wild Stallion" for too many reasons to list here.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 am

michaeljohn wrote:i dont blame johnny depp as much as i blame tim burton.....

nahhhhhhh, c'mon.....Depp is NOWHERE near the "Wonka" that Wilder was. Even IF it was SUPPOSED to be darker than the original, which on many levels it TRIED to be, Depp still should've tried to be more of an amusing dark character as was Wilder in the original. Wilder could pull off DARK and still have that incredibly charming smile on his face and that impish gleam in his eye.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 am

i wasnt comparing the two, but burton always has to have a weird take on things and he likes his actors to do the same.....

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:44 am

michaeljohn wrote:i wasnt comparing the two, but burton always has to have a weird take on things and he likes his actors to do the same.....

Maybe it shoulda been "The Wonka before Christmas" 8-)

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Tombstone
Post a reply