FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

please explain....

<<

ndunn

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 am

please explain....

I don't understand what is meant by the guest part of this site. You still have to register so how does that mean guest? Or is it a person does not want a profile? If it was explained I missed it....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: please explain....

A guest would be someone who just clicked onto the site and is reading the posts, but is not a member.
I think us members can make ourselves "invisible" also (meaning our screen name would not show up as logged on). Those who do that might be counted as a guest also.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:50 pm

that is actually the one thing i like of the new site, that you do not have to sign in to read, the thing i dislike the most is the fact we can not delete any threads that we post, some threads i posted that are not being viewed and it would be good just to clean the boards up a bit.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Like MJ said, you don't have to be logged in to read anything like it use to be. If you decide to read without logging in, you are considered a "guest".

When you sign in, you can check the box below that if you want to be automatically logged in each time you visit, OR you can hide your idenity & log in hidden. If you do log in as hidden, you can still post a comment.

Click on the blue lettered "Log In" at the top where the SHR Forum board is, not the bottom of the page. Clicking there will give you the chance to log in a hidden.

When you make a post as being hidden, it'll treat it like you're on line & will post a time, so if someone's on line you don't want them to know you're on, being hidden & posting too won't keep you hidden if the person is watching close enough to all the postings while they're on.

I'm like MJ, I wish we could control our own blogs where if we want it gone, poof it's gone. Now all you can do it edit the post to erase what you said but it'll leave a blank box there.

Now if you have a blog that no one has made a comment on, you CAN delete it all together because I have done it a few times & done one today.

For me, I gotta figure out why when I post some picture as part of a comment on a blog that it shows up differently as I see other pictures people posts. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."

Return to The Lobby