Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

If we don't get it...

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Our neighbors do.

Tis the season,

Re: If we don't get it...

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 pm

Those things are enuff to make an Illinois boy to move to South Carolina...we've only got hurricanes here and I'll take those anyday. At least ya have some kinda warning a week or two ahead of time.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 am

I'm such a dork, I have the TornadoVideos.net website bookmarked....

that was INCREDIBLE footage!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:21 am

Obviously, I live in hurricane territory. Two weeks ago, we had a strong weather front move through and had 9 confirmed tornados touch down. Seems like we can get both. :(

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 am

*knocks on wood*

we haven't had any really bad stuff yet. it keeps going around us or weakening b4 it gets here. :ugeek:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Sure hope they weaken tonight before they hit my area!
Think we are just outside of the tornado watch right now. I'd like to stay that way! Scary weather!

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

No need to worry LT, the storms fizzzzzeld out here in TN! just rain now.... :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:06 pm

My sister lives in South Carolina, but more towards the Tennessee border and goes through a lot of tornado warnings and watches every year and a few touch downs. The ones that she has seen are more serious than what we see here.

We live in the area of the state where we see them as well. We see about 5 to 6 a year and they are usually F1 and at worst F2 for the most part, but last year we did have an F4 that did do a lot of damage. People think that because we live in Maine we don't have these things. Wrong. The really weird part is that it only affects our area of the state, mainly because there are no hills and no mountains...it is pretty much flat land all around us with a lot of lakes and rivers.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:07 am

The storms aren't suppose to hit Williamsburg,Va. til around 4:00 p.m. At least we'll get a full day
of work in. I'm tired of walking thru mud everyday. It know more than dries up a little bit, and then it rains gain.
Post a reply