FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Your favorite Christmas gift received this year

<<

ndunn

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Re: Your favorite Christmas gift received this year

It's Dec. 29th and we still have areas with no power. We have schools without power and business offices the same. for everyone you talk to it's a case of very raw nerves. Friends of our had a Christmas by candle light as they had no power but the fire place came in handy. I'm still trying to figure out all of this. I guess I can say the very worst part was the cold. I have to give credit to all the parents who have children and pets to shelter. Making choices had to be a nightmare.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:55 pm

We still have about 3800 without power and this makes day #8.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:37 am

nRe: Your favorite Christmas gift received this year

My best present is my friends since I don't have any family anymore, except my little brother and I have no idea where he is. Thanks to my friends I have a roof over my head, my cat who I treasure, a new car and a new job. It doesn't get better than that. I'm praying for all of those with no power... God bless everyone and I hope 2014 is better for all :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

beaverpond wrote:We still have about 3800 without power and this makes day #8.

Wow beverpond. I always thought Maine would be close to paradise but your winter has not been kind to your residents. Surely hope things clear up soon and it only snows where the mountains are. Michigan has a couple of hills they call mountains but they do get to ski even if they have to make fake snow. We have gotten better with getting power back on. They nearly had a riot at a news conference as people were getting tired of talk and no power. Our utility company is owned by the people and they expect better action than what they are getting.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:31 pm

The fact that the last ice storm back in 1998 is still fresh in people's minds helps because there were a lot of people who were without power for three weeks and some even longer. Maybe it is out laid back attitude and the fact that so many of us found other ways to get by. However, many businesses were hauled into court for price gouging. Like a generator that cost $500 one week was now costing $1200 or $1500 and once power was restored the prices returned to normal...$500
<<

hboyle

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

I received a signed and framed mini Danica poster. It's my first official signed piece of memorabilia so I'm really excited! I have some things signed by the pit crews, but nothing like that poster. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened that gift!
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 am

hboyle wrote:I received a signed and framed mini Danica poster. It's my first official signed piece of memorabilia so I'm really excited! I have some things signed by the pit crews, but nothing like that poster. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened that gift!

Nice! Several years ago I received a small piece of tire from Carl Edwards car. He wasn't my favorite driver, but it was from an actual racecar! I was tickled!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Still looking for my new Harley Davidson and since I don't see it, I guess the rat #### Santa either forgot about me or I was really bad. :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:25 pm

wolfgang wrote:Still looking for my new Harley Davidson and since I don't see it, I guess the rat #### Santa either forgot about me or I was really bad. :lol:

hey i sent a JJ championship hat........... :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Still looking for my new Harley Davidson and since I don't see it, I guess the rat #### Santa either forgot about me or I was really bad. :lol:

hey i sent a JJ championship hat........... :mrgreen:

Guess you must have sent it UPS! :lol: :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:24 am

dont lie to the people, you told me ya got the hat and refuse to take it off..... :D
I miss you Frehley........
Previous

Return to The Lobby