Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

doesnt make sense!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 am

this is no political thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the big news of the week is the government not agreeing on a budget, both parties are responsible for the mess we are in, bottom line, on the verge of a shutdown the senate agreed NOT to get paid until a budget is agreed on, however the house voted to keep getting paid,

this is what angers me,

men and women of the armed forces do NOT get paid. How in the heck can this be, how can we as a country have a conscience and expect this of our men and women, it is unacceptable!!!

Re: doesnt make sense!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 am

There's a reason "the US government" is the punchline to so many great jokes. I'm an independent who leans to the right a little, but if they shut down I think every incumbet up for re-election, from Obama down, in 2012 should be ousted.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 am

I heard that same thing this morning while listening to the news MJ, and was flabbergasted to say the least. While congress sits in their nice, padded seats in their climate controlled and secured building they feel they should continue to get paid their "over the top" salaries, and yet our servicemen, risking their lives, are crawling around in caves and hot sand, fighting heat, cold, flying bullets, car bombs, land mines, and missing their loved ones and families, shouldn't get paid. Just shows where their priorities lie. They should be ashamed to even call themselves Americans in my opinion.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 am

Nothing has to make sense as those in power only know the word greed. They don't care that they are squeezing the life out of what would be the working man. That is if the working man could find work. Those of us who have been through the good, bad and ugly worry about what our children and grandchildren have to look forward to. If it's more of the same then we will be the 3rd world country that is heading our way. Now for not paying the military that is something I didn't know about and I'm outraged. Who do they think are getting blown up every day and living in squalor and not complaining? It's not the suits on the hill is it? My soap box is worn out and I swear to God we aren't being heard but I'll get a new soap if I have to and rant until he!! freezes over. I can do that as Ihave nothing to lose.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:32 am

It is alarming. Let them all switch places with the people out on the battle fields & let our fighters live the life of luxery while those who sit & twiddle thumbs & make excuses all day actually have to work & do something right instead........... :oops: :evil:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 pm

ITS AN OUTRAGE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We r on the verge of literal ruins.....life as we know it is changing...and not for the better either......guess we need to strap on the belts and hold on.....this is gonna be a crack up for sure!!! :oops: :evil:

tc

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 pm

I have always said, "Fire them all and re-elect nobody". If people would get fed up with politicians instead of voting along party lines, we could send a message that the days of the "career" politician are over. Get rid of them if they do a crappy job, just like we would lose our jobs. In Indiana, all of the democraps fled to Illinois for 5 weeks to avoid voting on a bill that they didn't agree with. Don't think I support the repubicans (misspelling intended) either. They are ALL way out of touch with the real America, and are all crooks. Bush ruined this country, and Obama can't fix it!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm

tonycrazy wrote:ITS AN OUTRAGE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We r on the verge of literal ruins.....life as we know it is changing...and not for the better either......guess we need to strap on the belts and hold on.....this is gonna be a crack up for sure!!! :oops: :evil:

tc

HAHAHAHA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You said "Strap on" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Senate Leadership
Majority Party Leader - $193,400
Minority Party Leader - $193,400

House Leadership
Speaker of the House - $223,500
Majority Leader - $193,400
Minority Leader - $193,400

can't imagine how they'd live without all this $$$ ESPECIALLY since they get FREE EVERYTHING ELSE.
If troops don't get paid,why not bring them home.If I don't get paid...I don't work. Anyone else??

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:44 pm

No Govt shutdown. relax for a few days anyway.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:51 pm

until oct, when it all starts up again, both parties need to take a serious look at themselves and remember why they are there.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

As the Mother of a Marine currently serving in Afghanastan, While his paycheck actually goes unspent while is there. ( He is in one of those places that he doesn't need money,) he will needed it when he comes home. What about the ones with families, is the bank going to wait for their money? Can they get their grocieries on credit? The really sad part is, that is the only job where you can't go on strike.
Post a reply