FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Favorite Birthday Gifts - Given or Received

<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 am

Favorite Birthday Gifts - Given or Received

I would have to say the best one I ever received was my Tony Stewart Jacket in 2012 that my parents bought right after he won the championship in 2011 and then put away for safe keeping. Got to love that jacket because it is one of the black ones with the red strip along the side and has Office Depot and Old Spice on it. I like this one much better than those bright red ones...those are just too much red for my taste.

Then I look at the best gift I have ever given and it was one I gave today to a teenage girl who just turned 14. It was a gift card with one of those MasterCard logos so she can use it anywhere she wants and it was preloaded with "X" amount of dollars for her to just enjoy. Now she has had gift cards before, but nothing like this because she looked at it and her eyes just about bugged out of her head and she said "MOM, DAD LOOK AT THIS...MY VERY FIRST CREDIT CARD !!!" I said oh dear, somebody has not told their daughter about that naughty word and what a mistake those are. I looked at her and said "no dear child, that is a preloaded DEBIT card that will allow to spend up to $$$ anywhere you want" and she says to me anywhere and I said yes anywhere.

She looks at her mother and says fire up those ponies I am ready for the Mall. Her mother looks at me and says what have you done to me...I just look at her and laugh. This teenagers father just says she is your daughter and heads back to his office. I looked at Dad and said not to worry, your oldest son will be looking for you in a couple of months...I don't think you will get off this easy. He says you wouldn't dare and I said oh yea, try me. Because he will be turning 13, he gets cash. We are the unofficial God Parents that every child wants.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Favorite Birthday Gifts - Given or Received

I have Tony's 2011 Championship jacket as well.
I had Tony autograph it at one of his Office Depot signings.
My boys got a sun visor autographed each.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 pm

when i was 18 my sister gave me an autographed picture of Pete Townshend.....
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Forget my birthday as it's a few days before Christmas and my mother was always too busy to celebrate it.
The gift I gave was for my older sister. She chose Pirate as a mascot for a lodge she belongs too. She wanted a doll and she looked everywhere online, stores, and it got nowhere. I found one that is a mouse dressed up as a Pirate and it's the cutest thing ever. Not very big 7 inches or so tall. The artis did an awesome job with it and my sister was out of her mind as it is so cute. It didn't cost a fortune but it was exactly what she wanted.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:10 pm

I guess my greatest Birthday gift would have to be ... LIFE :-)

I was not planned... nor was my father "happy" about it. My mom made an ultimate parent, epic fail by telling me that my Dad had really pressured her to get an abortion... in 1963. My Mom decided "No" and her sister helped battle my father, over the choice.

So now I'm on my way, 4th child to an Emergency Room R.N. My mom was telling the ER staff that I was coming NOW but they didn't believe her and gave her a big shot of Demerol "To help calm her down." The shot was administered at 8:00 pm and I hit the world at 8:13 pm.... drugged out of my ever loving baby mind. Too drugged to breathe. I would have died, if not for a friend of my mom's, who was also a nurse. She was on her way out the door and heard that my mom was there & in labor...so on a whim, she decided to go & check. It was her who grabbed me from the Dr's hands and started CPR and called for an eppie shot. Both of those actions ( well.. 3 if you count her taking control OVER the doctor ) saved my life. CPR for infants was NOT common, nor was the eppie shot for 'drug over dose's" either.

That nurse broke 2 new grounds that night ... and I owe my existence to her ... and my mom for fighting for me. :-) I carry the nurse's first name, as my middle name, as an homage to her. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:30 pm

smokieonefour wrote:I guess my greatest Birthday gift would have to be ... LIFE :-)

I was not planned... nor was my father "happy" about it. My mom made an ultimate parent, epic fail by telling me that my Dad had really pressured her to get an abortion... in 1963. My Mom decided "No" and her sister helped battle my father, over the choice.

So now I'm on my way, 4th child to an Emergency Room R.N. My mom was telling the ER staff that I was coming NOW but they didn't believe her and gave her a big shot of Demerol "To help calm her down." The shot was administered at 8:00 pm and I hit the world at 8:13 pm.... drugged out of my ever loving baby mind. Too drugged to breathe. I would have died, if not for a friend of my mom's, who was also a nurse. She was on her way out the door and heard that my mom was there & in labor...so on a whim, she decided to go & check. It was her who grabbed me from the Dr's hands and started CPR and called for an eppie shot. Both of those actions ( well.. 3 if you count her taking control OVER the doctor ) saved my life. CPR for infants was NOT common, nor was the eppie shot for 'drug over dose's" either.

That nurse broke 2 new grounds that night ... and I owe my existence to her ... and my mom for fighting for me. :-) I carry the nurse's first name, as my middle name, as an homage to her. :-)

That is a beautiful story. Thank God for the people who were there and saved your life. Especially your mother and her friend. They should have changed the name of the hospital after the nurse who saved you.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:05 am

When I was little Dad & Mom got me my first bike. I was tickled with it. It was blue & had little doggies on it. I also got a cassette tape player. I thought that was so cool. I saw that picture of me not to long ago, Me on my bike, holding my tape player. Thought I was something! :)

As a grown up, for one birthday I got enough money to buy myself a sterling silver ring with a ruby heart shaped stone. Ruby is my birthstone. I just love that ring.
#EarnhardtJR88 #MyChaseNation Go JR!!!
#ISupportSmoke

Return to The Lobby