Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Favorite Christmas Movies, What's yours?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 am

One of my favorites is, "A Smoky Mountain Christmas". Dolly Parton, Lee Majors, love that movie. A little silly, but a great story. I also love "The Christmas Card". Both movies make me tear up a little. But, I look forward to watching them every year!

Re: Favorite Christmas Movies, What's yours?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I have two favorites and I've played them over and over. They are "The Christmas Card" and "The Christmas Kiss". I understand that the The Christmas Card was chosen the best all time Hallmark movie. I think it should be as it was well written and the actors were well suited for the rolls.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Yea, "The Christmas Card" is a great movie! Love The Hallmark Channel! Also can't go a Christmas without watching Home Alone. Never gets old!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Christmas Vacation
Bad Santa ;)
Last edited by wolfgang on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 pm

a christmas story

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 pm

off the top of my head, gonna go with Die Hard.

Ho-ho-ho ....... now I have a machine gun :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Christmas Vacation, Ernest Saves Christmas, Batman Returns, Die Hard, and Jingle All the Way.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:05 am

The Hallmark Channel has had so many good ones over the last few years it is hard to remember all the names of them.

A Christmas Card is one

There is another that I can't remember the name of, but it is where the guy inherits his grandfathers fortune. However, he has to work for it first and what he has to do, where he has to go, the friends that he makes, and finding out who his true friends really are is what gets me because it turns out to be a mother and daughter and the daughter is fighting leukemia and dies towards the end of the movie. The grandson eventually builds a hospice type home in her name.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:59 am

beaverpond wrote:The Hallmark Channel has had so many good ones over the last few years it is hard to remember all the names of them.

A Christmas Card is one

There is another that I can't remember the name of, but it is where the guy inherits his grandfathers fortune. However, he has to work for it first and what he has to do, where he has to go, the friends that he makes, and finding out who his true friends really are is what gets me because it turns out to be a mother and daughter and the daughter is fighting leukemia and dies towards the end of the movie. The grandson eventually builds a hospice type home in her name.

"The Ultimate Gift" it is a great movie and a lot of people can learn something from it.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 am

Yes, thank you that is what I was struggling to come up with. He had to give everything up to get it all back and became quite the financial guru when it was all said and done. Knowing how to get all those other financial big wigs to fork over some dough to help with his multi-million dollar project in the end as to which he was forking over something like a million of his own. His whole thing was to get them to pay it forward.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

awsum14 wrote:
beaverpond wrote:The Hallmark Channel has had so many good ones over the last few years it is hard to remember all the names of them.

A Christmas Card is one

"The Ultimate Gift" it is a great movie and a lot of people can learn something from it.

I have that movie and I play it often. The little girl is precious but his family is extremely selfish. I get emotional at the end of the movie when the butterfly appears. Great movie. Your right. People can learn alot when they see what happens. The ex-girlfriend didn't use her head did she?

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I like the 60's Christmas shows ( stop animation ) and some of the cartoons.

My fave is Rudolph, mostly because of a few of the songs but also, at a young age, I finally saw someone ( OK, OK... so it was an elf... LOL ) like me, who knew they were different and not afraid to be so. That little elf helped me a lot in coming years. :-)

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 am

A lot of good movies here! I also like "The Santa Clause" movies!
Post a reply