FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Favorite Christmas Present.....

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Favorite Christmas Present.....

just thought id try something different, who ever wants to add to this, talk about the Christmas present you were most excited to receive as a child or an adult.

as a kid my parents had gotten the Evel Knievel motorcycle that you revved up on a stand and it would do jumps, i know i drove them crazy all day with that thing, seeing a motorcycle fly from the living room into the kitchen......
<<

hboyle

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Favorite Christmas Present.....

That's such a great idea michaeljohn! Add a little holiday spirit to the thread. :)

The best Christmas gift I received was actually something my boyfriend made for me in 2007. He had made this charcoal painting of my pug. He used a picture of her sleeping, and it came out so well. The time and effort he put into the gift was so touching, and I already had an emotional attachment to my dog so the painting was perfect. My dog passed away a year and a half ago because she was getting older, but she will forever live in that charcoal painting as this peaceful dog that is merely sleeping.
<<

im4tony

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Not sure how old I was but maybe 6 or 7. I got a beautiful baby doll with her own high chair and a wardrobe my Mom (Mrs. Santa) made. I couldn't believe my eyes and I loved having that doll for years. I still believed in Santa of course and didn't realize that my Mom made all the clothes for the doll until a few years later. The labor of love from a Mom who was the best.

Great idea to hear from others and their favorite Christmas present.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

azk8ster

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:58 pm

I moved to AZ from OH in late 1999, leaving behind three precious furbabies (kitties). I was sharing an apartment with my oldest brother, who had always had issues with pet allergies growing up, so no cats for me...or dogs, for that matter. At that point in my life, I had never NOT had pets, and hated it! Christmas 2000, brother/roomie wrapped up a litter box and in it was a note saying that if I didn't mind him keeping his bedroom door closed, I could get a short-haired cat.

So three months later, I came home from the humane society with the most beautiful LONG-HAIRED tuxedo cat (not the one in my avatar, though he's extremely handsome, don't you think?), and I'm forever grateful to my brother for putting my need for a pet ahead of his allergies (which weren't nearly as bad as when he was a kid).
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:14 am

I can't really remember much about presents, but I do remember always looking forward to Christmas at my brother and sister's house. When my Dad was living, we'd always gather together every year; eat, open gifts, make pictures, play video games, just talk. Good times, good memories! I miss those days.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:34 pm

azk8ster wrote:I moved to AZ from OH in late 1999, leaving behind three precious furbabies (kitties). I was sharing an apartment with my oldest brother, who had always had issues with pet allergies growing up, so no cats for me...or dogs, for that matter. At that point in my life, I had never NOT had pets, and hated it! Christmas 2000, brother/roomie wrapped up a litter box and in it was a note saying that if I didn't mind him keeping his bedroom door closed, I could get a short-haired cat.

So three months later, I came home from the humane society with the most beautiful LONG-HAIRED tuxedo cat (not the one in my avatar, though he's extremely handsome, don't you think?), and I'm forever grateful to my brother for putting my need for a pet ahead of his allergies (which weren't nearly as bad as when he was a kid).

Your lucky to have such a wonderful brother. That was quite a sacrifice your brother made. Now that is what I call faith on his part. As it turned out his allergy wasn't as bad it had been. A wonderful gift for both of you.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 pm

The best gift I ever got as an adult was the woman I met 6 days before Christmas who later became my wife in 10 months.

The best gift I ever got as a kid was the stereo system I got when I was 11. It has a turn table, dual cassette recorder / player, and AM / FM receiver...and yes it still works, all of it.

As for the best gift I ever gave, I gave to my twin nephews when they were three (they graduate from high school this year) and it was a three foot long fire truck that was remote controlled. It could go forward and reverse as well as have the ladder go up and extend and then come back down as well as come back together. Oh we cannot forget the bells and sirens. Oh how my sister loved me...not. My grandmother was with me for this little purchase and said you know your sister will not like this gift and I said yup, I know and I laughed as I answered her at this statement. She looked at me and said "your twisted, and I am glad I can call you my grandson". :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26 pm

A good few years back my husband bought me a pair of diamond & sapphire earrings that was really out of our budget range & I found them in my stocking on the mantel. He had done extra work to earn money to pay for them.

Many yrs ago my hubby wasn't my hubby then, but he became my hubby-to-be on Christmas Eve that yr.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks y'all ... I really enjoyed reading those. :-)

Presents don't really jump out in my mind, as much as the get-togethers. Our family always 'claimed' Christmas Eve as our family time and the in-laws could all do Christmas Day with their side. It always worked and we always did it up somewhere between fancy & casual. We also had people who had no close family around, as guests too. Met a lot of neat folks that way. :-) But... the Christmas Eve's I will always hold the dearest, are the last ones spent with, 1st my brother, who passed ... and then a sister who also passed. Those last Christmas Eve get-together with them, will forever be a video in my heart... no need to see pictures. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 pm

azk8ster wrote:I moved to AZ from OH in late 1999, leaving behind three precious furbabies (kitties). I was sharing an apartment with my oldest brother, who had always had issues with pet allergies growing up, so no cats for me...or dogs, for that matter. At that point in my life, I had never NOT had pets, and hated it! Christmas 2000, brother/roomie wrapped up a litter box and in it was a note saying that if I didn't mind him keeping his bedroom door closed, I could get a short-haired cat.

Being a fan of tuxedo's ( I had a female, Randa, who lived to be 15 y/o ) I have always loved your avatar and yes, I do agree....he is extremely handsome & photogenic. :-) Your brother is a prince :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Snow on Christmas Day, 2010. First recorded White Christmas in my hometown.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

We had a local jeweler that did for the first time last year that if it snowed on Christmas Day that anybody who purchased diamond settings of any type would get their money back as a gift...guess what happened, it snowed on Christmas Day and we got something like 4 inches.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks, Smokie!Lucky for everyone on this site that I've never figured out how to post pictures (and I truly have no idea how I got the avatar posted...must've been drunk!) or it's be kitty overkill!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"

Return to The Lobby