FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Skidding School

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Skidding School

I find this on a news channel's web site. I think it's a good idea to have this type of training, it's something you don't get other wise from a regular driving school. If you live anyplace that gets any bad road conditions a lot, this is something all should do.

I don't know how much it costs, I didn't see a web link to the place. It's only offered once a month & the next schooling is Dec 14.

I would assume it's just a one day event, so surely it wouldn't be that much. When my boys are ready to learn to drive, I will be looking into this one as well.

http://www.wdtn.com/web/wdtn/news/local/montgomery/skid-car-trains-drivers-for-slick-roads
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

hboyle

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Skidding School

When I took Driver's Ed, I asked them about what they do when it snows - do they cancel the sessions or do they leave it up to the student, and they said that they highly encourage us to come in if we happened to book a lesson on a day it snows. They usually bring the student to an empty parking lot and teach them about skidding and how to properly deal with skids. Unfortunately, my driver's ed classes were in the middle of the summer so I never would have had the opportunity. They do teach students how to respond in theory, but that doesn't mean that the person will respond in the right way when the opportunity arises. A lot of people panic at first when they skid in snow. I'm from Mass, and I think it would definitely be useful to have classes like those because not everyone has a parent that will bring them to an empty parking lot when it snows.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Skidding School

Our son took private driving lessons because he wanted to learn winter driving. The school only did summer training. Probably the best thing he ever did as he hit black ice on I-94 and saved the car and himself. He knew what to do and what not to do. I took drivers Ed in the summer so when I hit iceI spun a 180 and hit a tree. I've never driven in the winter since.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to The Lobby