FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thoughts About The 2014 SHR Team

<<

baldgeorge

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 am

Thoughts About The 2014 SHR Team

Kurt should do fine with this group. But.......... I believe that with Tony, Kevin, and Kurt on the same team, and knowing their personalities, Stewart-Haas should create a new position in their management structure to handle possible problems ahead. Anger management has been a problem with the three male drivers in the past, and an expert/consultant in the field should be part of the team. It should be someone with experience in the anger management field, experience with motor sports, and who knows some of the drivers and owners at SHR. A father figure would be a helpful asset also.

After a lot of searching and contemplating the choices available, I have come up with only one person who would meet these qualifications. This person is 56 years old and has driven in all three of NASCAR's top series. During the period of 1998 through 2001 he was on the Haas-Carter Racing Team, therefore has ties to team ownership. He knows Kurt Bush, and they have talked about racing etiquette on several occassions in the past. I therefore nominate Berwin, Pennsylvania's James (Mr. Excitement) Spencer to be Stewart-Haas Racings first Vice President of Anger Management.

Just picture this in your mind: Jimmy in a "crew chief" type shirt with the logos of all of the teams' sponsors on it (he is big enough to do it) that has the sleeves torn off of it. He would have to be chomping on a cigar as he went from pit box to pit box during a race to impart his wisdom to the drivers.

With that scenario, I can only imagine what would happen if someone wrecked a Stewart-Haas driver like Jeff did to Clint last year. Just imagine Smoke, Happy, The Outlaw, and Mr. Excitement all coming to your hauler after a race! :shock:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 am

Re: Thoughts About The 2014 SHR Team

I said something similar under the NASCAR/racing section about SHR being the fantastic 4!!

We can have some fun with this!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 am

the three big mouths who its ok for them to wreck or talk crap on people but as soon as someone touches them, omg get ready for the waterworks, bunch of pu$$ies, tony biggest one of them all, still waiting for him to beat up joe logano
<<

anita56

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:22 pm

2014 is going to be fun. I can't wait.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Mr.Spencer and the "Crash Cab". Just couldn't be any crazier................
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm going from loving SHR's team back to just being a Smoke fan. I used to like Harvick a lot as a racer but this new team dynamics just is crap IMO.

I love this site but I can't be an SHR fan anymore. No respect for Gene Haas or his decision to let Ryan go and sign Kurt Busch.

The SHR team is all about money, not racing. Getting rid of the Rocketman and keeping Danica Cash Cow Patrick and Kurt Busch? Tsk Tsk Tony. I thought you were all about the love of the sport of racing and that's what I always loved about you. It's naïve, I know, to say I don't want my team to just be about racing and pay no attention to the fiscal side of racing because you can't race without the money. But Ryan would have brought in the sponsorships, I am confident of that. Some sponsors actually want a driver who is a standup guy personally, like Ryan Newman.

Kurt Busch does not exactly have a classy reputation, in fact, most NASCAR fans can't stand him or his actions (though he can drive a car, I realize that).

Nope, no longer an SHR fan. I'll always be a Tony Stewart fan, though I lost respect for him on a personal level with the 2014 team.

It's not about racing at SHR.... it's about the money and power and BS. As for Mr. Haas, considering he was indicted not only for tax evasion by setting up dummy companies who billed him with fake purchase orders, he was also accused of witness intimidation and tampering. Yep.... Maybe Kurt Bursch will fit in afterall.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Now I know where "Get out of the Building" came from. All of this sounds like bad novel............
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:21 pm

tlmerk wrote:I'm going from loving SHR's team back to just being a Smoke fan. I used to like Harvick a lot as a racer but this new team dynamics just is crap IMO.

I love this site but I can't be an SHR fan anymore. No respect for Gene Haas or his decision to let Ryan go and sign Kurt Busch.

The SHR team is all about money, not racing. Getting rid of the Rocketman and keeping Danica Cash Cow Patrick and Kurt Busch? Tsk Tsk Tony. I thought you were all about the love of the sport of racing and that's what I always loved about you. It's naïve, I know, to say I don't want my team to just be about racing and pay no attention to the fiscal side of racing because you can't race without the money. But Ryan would have brought in the sponsorships, I am confident of that. Some sponsors actually want a driver who is a standup guy personally, like Ryan Newman.

Kurt Busch does not exactly have a classy reputation, in fact, most NASCAR fans can't stand him or his actions (though he can drive a car, I realize that).

Nope, no longer an SHR fan. I'll always be a Tony Stewart fan, though I lost respect for him on a personal level with the 2014 team.

It's not about racing at SHR.... it's about the money and power and BS. As for Mr. Haas, considering he was indicted not only for tax evasion by setting up dummy companies who billed him with fake purchase orders, he was also accused of witness intimidation and tampering. Yep.... Maybe Kurt Bursch will fit in afterall.

Who you kiddin' tlmerk,you'll still be here? :lol: I'm not happy about Ryans release,but as a bussiness decision i can understand through owner and sponsors.Kurt getting along with Tony and especially Kevin,i don't see this happening-but stranger things have happened.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am

wolfgang wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I'm going from loving SHR's team back to just being a Smoke fan. I used to like Harvick a lot as a racer but this new team dynamics just is crap IMO.

Who you kiddin' tlmerk,you'll still be here? :lol: I'm not happy about Ryans release,but as a bussiness decision i can understand through owner and sponsors.Kurt getting along with Tony and especially Kevin,i don't see this happening-but stranger things have happened.

Leave it to you Wolfgang to be the voice of reason. I'm too emotional of a fan and loyalty clouds all my judgment. It's hard for me to think objectively at a time like this, I realize that about me. Not sure if I can stay on this site, and dang it, I have always liked Kevin Harvick, but Kurt Busch? I would rather see his brother here than him. Who is SHR going to sign next... Carl Edwards, Robby Gordon? UGH! If what we're reading about Gene really posturing here against Tony is true... I imagine Tony may likely bail from their "partnership" next year or the year after. Pretty crappy way to treat a partner if what we're "hearing" is true and not just a bunch of PR propaganda crapola.

RCR or EGR? *&@%^&*%$ (I guess it would be apropos for Ryan to replace Harvick in the 29 car and go on to win the 2014 championship!) Wake me up at the end of this season... until then, when I sign onto SHR, I like to see Tony and Ryan smiling back at me on the header.... I'll live in lala land for a few more weeks and see what shakes out. :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!

Return to The Lobby