FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So long Speed Channel

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 am

Re: So long Speed Channel

I have a different cable provide and FS1 will just replace SPEED on the same channel number come Saturday. They reached a pricing agreement earlier.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:34 am

:lol: :lol: It is not nice to brag!!.....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:38 am

Annalee wrote::lol: :lol: It is not nice to brag!!.....

Not bragging, just making a statement. :mrgreen: Oops, sorry, make that :oops: :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

lilbeaver

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:06 am

Daddy was talking to Time Warner in Portland and

YEE HEE HEE HEE HEE, We are going to get it, na ner na ner na ner :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Watch Out Boys, I'm Coming For You
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:10 am

Now THAT'S bragging!

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Kid after my own heart...well after all, she is my own flesh and blood...if the shoe fits :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

We know who she takes after (poor kid). :roll: Mrs B is much too nice.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 pm

It's all about the $$$$. Fox wants waay more for FS1 than what SPEEDTV cost.

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Financial Editor | Deadline.com

21st Century Fox’s sports service could launch this Saturday without three of the four largest pay TV distributors — which collectively have about 46M subscribers or about 54% of the industry total. Time Warner Cable, DirecTV, and Dish Network are still in discussions to carry Fox Sports 1, according to Sports Business Daily. If there’s no agreement by the end of this week, the distributors would offer a stripped-down version of Fox’s motorsports channel Speed, which is being converted to Fox Sports 1. The publication says that Fox wants distributors to pay a monthly fee of 80 cents per subscriber for Fox Sports 1, rising to $1.50 in a few years. Speed costs just 23 cents. Fox Sports Media co-President Randy Freer sounded confident about reaching carriage deals when he spoke last week to analysts about his plans. Fox Sports 1 “will be available in up to 90M homes at launch,” he told them. Execs also said that they expect the channel to become profitable in 2016.

I read another article that states Bright House Networks also has NOT reached a deal with Fox, but this was the only article I read mentioning Bright House so I'm not sure of it's accuracy. Bright House was (is?) a subsidiary of TWC so maybe they are rolled into the same negotiations.

:arrow: http://www.tvpredictions.com/answer139081313.htm

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

8Ballin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 pm

I still can't believe this is happening with Speed, but other than their racing coverage, it isn't much more than the 'Velocity' channel, just showing re-run after re-run of old stupid shows like 'Unique Whips' and 'Wrecked'. Don't need to keep seeing an '05 Escalade getting tricked out with 20 monitors inside.

Losing Speed Center and Wind Tunnel, before the end of the racing season, seems like a travesty though. And will Fox Sports 1 really show all the practice coverage for Nascar like Speed does now? Could be an end of an era with that.

Details are murky with Comcast as well - my guide still shows Speed channel continuuing next week, nothing with any Nascar after Friday, just all those re-runs over and over. They made it sound like FS1 would be replacing the same channel. Comcast, you better not mess this up.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Annalee wrote:We have Time Warner :( ......I found something very interesting, they now have a new PPV Fox Sports 1..... From what I understand we won't be seeing any of the truck races on the Fox Sports 1, and I wonder if they are going to start to carry them with PPV. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.. :( I wonder how many of the announcers will come to the new channel?

NDunn this is all I could find of Tony's win at the Brickyard 400 2005... I'll keep looking....

:D :D :D :D :D LOOK WHAT I FOUND...... :D :D :D :D :D :D
THIS IS NOT THE WHOLE RACE BUT IT'S THE BEST PART...... ENJOY!! Get the Kleenex....... Happy tears!

AND HERE IS THE REST OF THE FInish of the race...... LOVE THAT WALLY DALLENBACH AND BENNY PARSONS CALL THE RACE.........

Thanks Annalee. I'll never forget that race anymore than I will the Homstead race. I stood about three feet in front of my TV and screamed for the last lap "Make sure you win it Tony" with tears streaming down my face. When he did win it I was so happy for him I thought I'd explode. I was alone that day and was glad as I didn't have to explain to anyone why it was important. Tony is a few years younger than my son is and he reminds me of him. My son took one of the race track experiences in Florida and he has a picture of himself in a fire suit standing beside the race car he drove. He only did a few laps but he said he got the idea of what it's like.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:37 pm

8Ballin wrote:Details are murky with Comcast as well - my guide still shows Speed channel continuuing next week, nothing with any Nascar after Friday, just all those re-runs over and over. They made it sound like FS1 would be replacing the same channel. Comcast, you better not mess this up.

Everything I've read states Comcast is one of the cable providers that HAS reached an agreement with Fox to carry FS1. I suspect Comcast just hasn't gotten the guide updated yet.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 pm

8Ballin wrote:Details are murky with Comcast as well - my guide still shows Speed channel continuuing next week, nothing with any Nascar after Friday, just all those re-runs over and over. They made it sound like FS1 would be replacing the same channel. Comcast, you better not mess this up.

I called Comcast(my provider) a few weeks ago. The rep on the phone said that FS1 is going to be in their sports tier. Of course, I get NFL Network, MLB Network, Big10, NHL, ESPN1,2,U,Classic,News, NBATV, already, so I should be set, right? Nope, they want an additional $5 a month(for the first 6 months) for the additional sports packages. :(
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:50 pm

NDunn I am glad you could enjoy them again......Like you I just couldn't hold back the tears!! Especially when Zippy gets choked up......open the flood gates! :lol: my dh just shakes his head....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

8Ballin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Unreal if I have to pay with Comcast. I thought the whole point of FS1 replacing Speed - was because Speed already had substantial cable coverage throughout the U.S. and could immediately contend with ESPN as far as the number of homes subscribed to the channel.

If they're going to make people pay, the viewership will be limited, ESPN will still dominate them, and the ratings on all these Nascar programs will drop significantly. Is this what Fox wants?
<<

HTower

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 pm

8Ballin wrote:Unreal if I have to pay with Comcast. I thought the whole point of FS1 replacing Speed - was because Speed already had substantial cable coverage throughout the U.S. and could immediately contend with ESPN as far as the number of homes subscribed to the channel.

The problem with that idea is pricing. FS1 wants 80 cents per subscriber right now, with that price going up to $1.50 in 2014(I think that was the year, maybe 2015). Right now Speed gets paid 23 cents per subscriber. Nearly quadrupling the cost from Speed to FS1 is making the cable companies balk. Who knows, maybe the customer service rep was wrong, and FS1 won't be too high up the channel tier and we will get lucky.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby