FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So long Speed Channel

<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 pm

So long Speed Channel

Really bummed about the Speed channel changing to Fox Sports 1 on the 17th. At least they are keeping the hub, race day, and victory lane. Really going to miss speed center. Was also glad to hear they will continue to show Barrett Jackson. RIP Speed :(
#EarnhardtJR88 #MyChaseNation Go JR!!!
#ISupportSmoke
<<

HTower

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: So long Speed Channel

So long Speed, I won't see you again after you get bumped into a higher tier. :(
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 am

i havent had it since the all-star race...............they are figuring out for a way to charge more money to have fox1... i take it wind tunnel wont be part of the new channel? that was such a good show, even when it was on every nite for an hour, then kept making changes to it, until all that was talked about was nascar................. fooey, buh-bye.
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 am

Yea, wind tunnels gone too. :(
#ISupportSmoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 am

i just about cried myself to sleep........... well not really, it is a bummer tho.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:22 pm

I'll miss speed as I watch several of the shows they put on weekly. I'll also miss Dave Displain. I'm not sure our cable has the upgrade(or whatever they call it) to beable to get any of this. It still bugs me the government messed with TV anyway. If I have to buy another set of channels I will give up and only watch Tony DVD's which includes Homstead 2011. I wish I had the first race he won at the Brickyard.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 pm

We have Time Warner :( ......I found something very interesting, they now have a new PPV Fox Sports 1..... From what I understand we won't be seeing any of the truck races on the Fox Sports 1, and I wonder if they are going to start to carry them with PPV. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.. :( I wonder how many of the announcers will come to the new channel?

NDunn this is all I could find of Tony's win at the Brickyard 400 2005... I'll keep looking....

:D :D :D :D :D LOOK WHAT I FOUND...... :D :D :D :D :D :D
THIS IS NOT THE WHOLE RACE BUT IT'S THE BEST PART...... ENJOY!! Get the Kleenex....... Happy tears!

AND HERE IS THE REST OF THE FInish of the race...... LOVE THAT WALLY DALLENBACH AND BENNY PARSONS CALL THE RACE.........
Last edited by Annalee on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

I seen an advertisement for the truck race for this weekend at Michigan and it said it would be on Fox sports 1! Or that's what my cable said! :?:
#ISupportSmoke
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm

My Time Warner has the last truck practice , but no race....... :(.

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 pm

There is always something or somebody to ruin a good thing! :x
#ISupportSmoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm

NASCAR Programming Major Part of FOX Sports 1 Launch Weekend

With the launch of FOX Sports 1, America’s new sports network, just days away, NASCAR coverage is poised to take center stage with LIVE coverage of the NASCAR Camping World Series from Michigan at 12:30 p.m. ET on Aug. 17 -- Day 1 of the new FOX Sports 1. Here is a look at additional LIVE NASCAR coverage scheduled for that historic day:

• NASCAR SPRINT CUP PRACTICE (Michigan 8:30 a.m. ET, LIVE)
• NCWTS QUALIFYING (Michigan 9:30 a.m. ET, LIVE)
• NASCAR SPRINT CUP FINAL PRACTICE (Michigan 11 a.m. ET, LIVE)
• NCWTS RACING (Michigan, 12:30 p.m. ET, LIVE)

On Day 2 of launch weekend, NASCAR coverage continues with NASCAR RaceDay (Michigan, 10 a.m. ET, LIVE) and NASCAR Victory Lane (Michigan, 7 p.m. ET). Bookending the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Michigan International Raceway, both of these popular SPEED shows, along with NASCAR practice and qualifying rounds from all three national touring series and coverage from regional NASCAR races, continue on FOX Sports 1 and the FOX family of networks.

In addition, the nightly news and magazine show, NASCAR Race Hub, continues on FOX Sports 1 in a new time slot -- 4:30 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday -- with popular hosts Steve Byrnes and Danielle Trotta.

Capturing all of the sports action throughout the day, fans can catch up with motor sports news as part of the new FOX Sports Live, the flagship news, opinion and highlights program airing nightly on FOX Sports 1, premiering at 11 p.m. ET on Aug. 17.
#ISupportSmoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:21 pm

I just did a chat with Time Warner up here, well NY as my regional office is closed for the night and was told I have to contact them directly. The channels are there, set up, but they do not say PPV and I was told that if it does not say PPV that it is included in my package most probably, but I need to talk to my regional office to be sure. So I need to talk to the people in Portland, ME to know for sure. I was told that some areas of the country were on a PPV, others were included, and still others had partial availability. So time will tell on what I find out. I may wait and find out because the package I have has everything except the PPV movie channels like HBO, Starz, and others similar to it.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:30 pm

My package is the same as yours, but it would be my luck I get the PPV... :( ! I guess August 17th I will find out....might have to move! :? :lol:
Thanks Rachel J hope your right! :)

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 am

Fox Sports 1 is still negotiating deals with Time Warner, Dish & DirecTV. Some folks may not get the new channel by Saturday.

:arrow: http://fansided.com/2013/08/12/fox-spor ... ner-cable/
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:10 am

:evil: Oh happy days............... :evil:

I #Support Smoke
Next

Return to The Lobby