Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

NASCAR 2011 is finally here

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Picked up my new game after work. Oh is it going to take me a little while to get used to it but it'll be fun. :lol:

Anyone else pick up their game today?

Re: NASCAR 2011 is finally here

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:13 pm

let me know how it is tink!!! my fricken ps3 broke down so i gotta wait til next week til i get a new one

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:20 pm

It doesn't have the 'drive line' like EA had to help ya get around the track better. aaahhhh!!! :lol:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

You need to have the "skill." :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:25 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:You need to have the "skill." :mrgreen:

That's why I have "Showdown at Eldora". It's crazy fun.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't know why I was thinking it was only sold at NASCAR.com. I pre-ordered it thru them & I'm waiting on confirmaion from them it's been shipped. My first E-mail told me it was supposed to be released on today, but I've no infrom from them yet. Husband told me it's out today at Best Buy. :evil: I would have bought it there instead!
(PS 3)

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Got mine thru GameStop and received a discount. My guess is NASCARstore will get it shipped out within the next few days.

At this point, I'm not too happy with the game. Wish we still had EA Sports handling it. At least I have GT5 for some NASCAR fun without the frustration.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey Tink..why aren't you happy with it?? gameplay, graphics, what?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Once you pick a driver that's it unless you reset entirely or delete it from PS3's memory. Can't really create your own driver, car or team....No rookies either. If you have any of the old EA Sports NASCAR games (2003 or 2004 pop to mind) you'll see where I'm coming from.

But, hey if you like coming straight out of the box and beating the NASCAR powerhouses...You'll like it. I think players should have to work their way up to that kind of performance.

Oh and there's no Truck or NNW racing but a couple of drivers from those series are include in the game, like Danica. So, don't be surprised to see two Go Daddy cars on track during a race.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:17 pm

As far as single races go, how is it? Like if I want to hop in the 14 and run 32 laps (10%) at Atlanta, how is that? Or have you only done career mode?

I've been trying to get a gauge on it from the official site but between all the crying about online glitches it's hard to get a feel for how it is offline.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 pm

It's pretty much like an arcade game...Just get in and go.

The graphics are nice, I just think the game as a whole could/should be a lot better...But then I suppose EA could have prevented ActiVision from doing certain things.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 pm

I pre-ordered it for my Wii. I ordered it for my nephews as well for their Wii. I ordered it from one website for myself and another website for them. I have received updated e-mail confirmations from both websites that they will be shipping on May 26th and May 27th with expidited shipping for both.

Anybody else running into this problem for this game for Wii ?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 am

Tinker wrote:Once you pick a driver that's it unless you reset entirely or delete it from PS3's memory. Can't really create your own driver, car or team....No rookies either. If you have any of the old EA Sports NASCAR games (2003 or 2004 pop to mind) you'll see where I'm coming from.

But, hey if you like coming straight out of the box and beating the NASCAR powerhouses...You'll like it. I think players should have to work their way up to that kind of performance.

Oh and there's no Truck or NNW racing but a couple of drivers from those series are include in the game, like Danica. So, don't be surprised to see two Go Daddy cars on track during a race.

i find that to be a big disappointment, i always enjoyed when they had the modifies, truck and nw series, and you had to beat those series to access cup cars, and even then you were put in a lower tier car, i think my fav yr of the game was the one that elliot sadler was on the cover and if you had a teammate you could jump back and fourth from those cars, oh well what ya gonna do...........

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 am

Wonder, from reading all the complaints at the official website's forum, if this isn't just what folks get when you depend on the Brits to recreate NASCAR?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 am

i will still get it, just because i have every nascar video game since 97
Post a reply