FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR 2011 is finally here

<<

Smoke_14

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: NASCAR 2011 is finally here

I have basically raced all the NASCAR games. From Bill Elliott back on the original nintendo, to the Papyrus games on the PC, to all the EA Sports NASCAR games. This really didn't live up to the hype. The graphics are the best of any NASCAR game (then again the last game came out in early '09), but the gameplay is arcadish. Right out of the box, you can run up front on the hardest settings, using the default setup. Online is a mess, but most new releases are that way for the first month. The career mode isn't deep, and there is only the Cup series to run. Overall, the graphics are good (barring that there is no day-to-night transition for the night races, and all of them are run at dusk), but the way the car handles (just turn hard left and use the throttle to corner) is pathetic. You can have all the assists turned off and you still feel like there are major assists helping you. The one other plus besides the graphics is that the computer AI, though very easy, is very realistic in the sence that they will run different lines and will bump-draft you and others at the superspeedways. Beyond that, I would save my $60. I kind of regret it.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Tinker

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:40 pm

I highly recommend getting GT5. It'a a lot of fun. Plus, you can drive the 14 or you can do Jeff Gordan's Driving School. I won a Bugatti Veyron a couple weeks ago for winning a series.

“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm

just got the game tonite, graphics are cool, but i have to admit ea sports was much better, who knows maybe it will grow on me, ill just stick to call of duty, and my fav bad company, or a new GTA would be excellent too!
Previous

Return to The Lobby