FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RE2PECT

<<

slopoke21m

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:21 pm

RE2PECT

My wish for all is to be this content professionally and what seems personally...An amazing way to culminate a life's work and passion.
Too busy racing and dealing with cars to be a true follower, but knew enough to take a few hours out last night to tune in, knowing I was witnessing history and a true professional. I am so glad I did....

(photo John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
<<

TeddyBearNC

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: RE2PECT

Although I don't follow baseball, it seems to me that I have never heard anything negative or bad about him. If I am correct, he certainly deserves respect for that also.
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Derek grew up about 50 miles from my home. The Yankee's must be very proud to have someone of his ability and personality on their team. I've never seen anything in our local papers that was negative regarding Derek. I enjoyed the interview he had last night where he answered if he was going to get married and have a family. His reply was full of joy and he explained why he hadn't married before. Good luck always Derek.
Last edited by ndunn on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I have been a Yankee fan since I was a little girl.....Derek Jeter... will be truly missed!! Such a class act....My grand father tried his best to get me to be a SF Giants fan... Once a Yankee fan always a Yankee fan!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:39 pm

One of the Most OVER RATED Players in History, but he did it all right. Even gives gift bags to the women that leave his home in the morning. Dead spin reported that, not me.
<<

Searchers

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:One of the Most OVER RATED Players in History, but he did it all right. Even gives gift bags to the women that leave his home in the morning. Dead spin reported that, not me.

Not for nothing but you are the only guy on here with an anti anybody nickname. You are not a fan More of an anti fan.

Now you turn into Anyone But Jeter for one post.

Did you see the title of this thread, Respect? Did you notice that all the posters before you showed Respect?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:08 pm

not a fan, but he played the game very well, 20 years is a long time to devote your life to something, i give him props for that

Search.......... this is one big dysfunctional internet family
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rachael J

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:03 am

I used to watch a lot of baseball, when I did it was usually Yankees games. Sad to see Jeter go. Great player!
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:52 am

I have been a huge fan of the Yankees going all the way back to elementary school ... oh, the arguments I would get into with my grandfather as to who had the better team ... NY or Boston. I miss those days. He would enjoy to see what his team has become over the last 15 years.

My mother and I both love watching the Yankees and on occasion will get together to watch a game, and when they make it to the Play Offs and the World Series...we never miss a game.

My father-in-law and I would take things to a whole new level. Every time Boston would lose to NY I would sneak into his house and hang up newspaper articles of how badly NY slaughtered Boston of course he would do the same to me when Boston won. This happened for a few years when we used to live near each other.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:44 am

Memories Beav...they are wonderful. These are the kind of memories I hope to make with my grandchildren.....with Nascar, of course, and our Tony. My 2 yr old grandson loves the race cars. Getting him started on the right foot!!!
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:57 am

Searchers wrote:
Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:One of the Most OVER RATED Players in History, but he did it all right. Even gives gift bags to the women that leave his home in the morning. Dead spin reported that, not me.

Not for nothing but you are the only guy on here with an anti anybody nickname. You are not a fan More of an anti fan.

Did you see the title of this thread, Respect? Did you notice that all the posters before you showed Respect?

I said that Jeter did everything RIGHT in his career. Not seeing the disrespect there.

IMO he is a bit overrated. No MVP and never lead the league in any major category.

20 years of ball, no trouble, no PED use, I respect him. Calm down Searchers!!!!

Also think that Barry Bonds is among one the BEST hitters of all time, but no respect because of the PED even though probably 90% of the league was doing it.

One more game hope all the Jeter fans get to see it.
<<

Searchers

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Anyone But Earnhardt wrote:
Searchers wrote:

I said that Jeter did everything RIGHT in his career. Not seeing the disrespect there.

IMO he is a bit overrated. No MVP and never lead the league in any major category.

20 years of ball, no trouble, no PED use, I respect him. Calm down Searchers!!!!

Also think that Barry Bonds is among one the BEST hitters of all time, but no respect because of the PED even though probably 90% of the league was doing it.

One more game hope all the Jeter fans get to see it.

Now that is respect.

Would have been a lot more class without the "One of the Most OVER RATED Players in History"
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Should have kept that one to my Searchers. Sorry Bud
<<

hboyle

Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm a Red Sox fan, but I will even admit that Jeter was a class act. I haven't had a chance to look this up, but I heard the other day that in all his 20 years of baseball, he never once got kicked off the field. As a Sox fan, I hated every time that he got a home run or did something great for his team, but I have to admit that he was a great player. I can't believe he's retiring.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm a Red Socks fan myself, so I must reframe from making any comments about any Yankee player aside I can't think of a single thing negative or bad to say about Jeter himself! ;)
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
Next

Return to The Lobby