FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shaq in Sac

<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Shaq in Sac

If anyone is a Shaquille O'Neal fan ... then here's a story for ya ....

Shaq With Sac? Former Lakers Center Says He’ll Make Kings’ Cousins ‘Best Big Man In The Game’
June 25, 2013 10:36 PM

MENLO PARK (CBS13) — Owners of the Sacramento Kings are meeting with Shaquille O’Neal tonight in Sacramento.

Vivek Ranadive and Mark Mastrov sat down for dinner with the TNT analyst and former Los Angeles Lakers star at the Rosewood Sand Hill in Melo Park.

Three months after O’Neal said he thought the Kings were sold and gone at the NBA All-Star Game in Houston, the all-star center said he’s going to help tutor DeMarcus Cousins.

O’Neal said, “I’m going to make DeMarcus Cousins the best big man in the game.”

O’Neal also praised the planned new Kings arena, which won a Sacramento City Council vote to approve $6.5 million in funding for the project.
--- - - - - - - - -

Basically Shaq is a good friend of Mark Mastrov ... and Mark asked Shaq to help ... and Shaq said "Yes." There are no further details yet - if Shaq will be on the teams payroll ... or if he is simply doing a favor for Mark Mastrov. No further details if Shaq will help any other players or coaches....

Shaq has seen "the new arena" plans and says he thinks it will put Sacto on the map. Well.... gee... that's kind of neat because Sacto is the state capital after all... LOL About time somebody is gonna help this losing team....

Stay tuned.....
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Shaq in Sac

hahahahahaha... That's not where I thought you were going with that... :shock: :oops: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Believe it when I see it.
He couldn't even teach himself how to shoot free throws.

I was a Shaq fan. When he came to Orlando (where I lived for 20+ years) to start his career, my family, friends, and I were ecstatic. I'll never forget his first nationally televised game. It was against Phoenix, and he freakin' destroyed the goal by coming down the left baseline toward the basket and going for a rebound put-back slam. The game was delayed for a while so they could replace it.
I even had the good fortune of meeting Shaq and sitting 3rd row at a couple games.

But, I just don't see him having the ability to coach someone. His gift was his size and his limited abilities aside from dunking, included a 12 foot jumper and being able to pass (pretty well I will say) out of a double-team to an open player.

He never was a leader on the court really, just a tremendously imposing figure.
We'll see...I'll give him time and see if this happens.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Link - http://fansided.com/2013/06/26/shaq-say ... s-cousins/

By Bryan Rose - Jun 26th, 2013 at 12:22 am

For those of you who remember the epic battles between the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Lakers in the early 2000′s, this will probably make you take a double take. I know it certainly caused me to.

However, double take or not it appears that Shaquille O’Neal, the same Shaq who said the Kings couldn’t beat the Lakers without cheating, the same Shaq who attempted to rename Sacramento “Shaqramento” and the same Shaq who called the Kings the “Queens” wants to help his former rival return to glory.

What’s his plan? To mentor Sacramento Kings big man, DeMarcus Cousins.
Shaq Says He is Going to Mentor Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins

Blessed with elite talent but questionable execution, the former Kentucky Wildcat has shown flashes of All-Star promise but has failed to do so for extended periods. Seeing a lot of himself in the young Cousins, Shaq met with the Sacramento Kings new ownership group and said he’s going to make DeMarcus Cousins the best big man in the league.

Per Steve Large of CBS 13:

O’Neal to #CBS13: “I’m going to make DeMarcus Cousins the best big man in the game. @boogiecousins

Shaq has made mention of Cousins’ skill set and lack of proper use on TNT multiple times, offering to help the young budding star and he apparently wasn’t kidding around.

How it all comes together remains to be seen but hard to think of a better mentor for Cousins than the Shaq Daddy himself.
- - - - - - - -

The "Queens" and "Shaqramento!" = LMAO !

( he's so right .... )
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to The Lobby