FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A little snow and they won't deliver

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 pm

A little snow and they won't deliver

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Yea, well guess what...a little snow and they have cancelled mail delivery in much of the State of Maine. They say there is a difference between snow and blizzard, it is this difference that prevents them from delivering the mail and all I have to say is this “Oh brother”. We have received a whole lot more snow with winds just as strong in the past and they have delivered then. I think the USPS has turned into a bunch of wimps.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: A little snow and they won't deliver

beaverpond wrote:"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Yea, well guess what...a little snow and they have cancelled mail delivery in much of the State of Maine. They say there is a difference between snow and blizzard, it is this difference that prevents them from delivering the mail and all I have to say is this “Oh brother”. We have received a whole lot more snow with winds just as strong in the past and they have delivered then. I think the USPS has turned into a bunch of wimps.

Don't you just love the attitude? I have a package coming FED-X and on the top of the notice for tracking numbers It said yesterday the had stopped delivery and putting the truck out of service. It wasn't even snowing. Now Fed-X is on my list with UPS. Ups will quit working as soon as the first snow flake flies. I had a package with $38 over night on it and they wouldn't deliver it as they quit delivery at 7pm. Well it was a Friday and it was not delivered until late on Monday. Does any one in these companies care?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:31 pm

The idiots that run NJ shut the entire roadway system (every little street in the state) down before one snowflake even fell. Then stood around waiting for the blizzard that skipped NJ. :roll:
<<

KCarlson

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Southern NH is at a stand-still also. Well over 24" of white stuff and still falling with gusty winds. Won't see the mailman/UPS/FedEx AT ALL TODAY. Be Safe
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:47 pm

well from all the forecasts this was suppose to be a huge storm, so im not going to hold it against anyone for playing it safe, id rather wait a day or two to get something via mail or ups, fedex then have people struggling to drive.... as they say better safe than sorry....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Well, Glad to hear that U didn't alot of Snow in Maine Beave. But, Gee's-O-Pete, If USPS isn't goin too Deliver the mail. I Canceled my $500.00 Check that I sent U to put in the Cuss-Jar for this year's Due's :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Why you cold hearted son of (#$*)%Y$ !!!!! :twisted:

We got more than 20 inches of snow and I have been out to shovel 5 times and the snow drifts are way worse. I cleared more than 3 feet off the sidewalk that leads to the front porch.
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:36 am

Cold Hearted>> ME?? Awwwww, alittle snow-Shovel'in will do U good Beave :twisted:
U wouldn't have it any other way :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:22 pm

As a 29 year and 10 month employee at USPS as a letter carrier I'm somewhat bewildered why anyone would think that delivering mail in the middle of a massive snowstorm is a good idea. If it's too dangerous for John Q Public to be on the roads it's even more so for your delivery people who don't have the luxury of well maintained vehicles.

In all my years of employment I can only recall 2 days where we did not deliver mail and they were both due to extreme weather conditions where our safety would have been terribly compromised.

I hope all involved in Snow-ma-geddon 2015 are warm and safe.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 pm

PS...I retire in 4 months and can't wait to begin my next adventure.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm with Doc and MJ on this one. The states "err on the side of caution" and everyone loses their minds because their not getting their Amazon crap! LOL I hate to ask - but is one life worth it? So some states made prep's for a storm that did not happen - better than NO prep and it happened.

Doc makes the point, why are delivery people "supposed" to be out there when the airports, schools, city gov't's have closed? If my friend Doc HAD to "be out there" - I'd be like "Sister... call in sick!" ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:51 pm

I have talked to many business managers and business owners since yesterday morning and they have told me that they closed between 4 and 5pm and are usually open until 9 or 10pm. The one thing that I have heard many times is that most were steady in sales, others were a little slow, and some were actually busier than usual. The one thing that was funny is that a few restaurant owners said their sales were higher and their waitresses made on average about 25% more in tips compared to a normal day.

While our governor declared a State of Emergency, that does not mean much to the every day Mainer around here. We just kind of treat it as, yup whatever, and move on with everyday life. We don't get all nervous with some snow that falls on the ground. We just deal with it and move on. Just because the government wimps out does not mean that the rest of us out there are going to.

Return to The Lobby