FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What are you thankful for this year

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:35 am

What are you thankful for this year

As I sit here thinking about what I am thankful for, there is much that Christ has brought us through as a family.

My daughter's battle with one sickness after another and it turned out they were all symptoms of a larger problem and praise God for giving the doctors at Barbara Bush Children's Hospital the wisdom to find it quickly and help us deal with the problem and spend another six months in healing.

I thank God for family. The family I am related to, the family I go to church with, and the few friends close enough that I call family.

I thank God for my salvation. For if it were not for salvation I would spend eternity in the Lake of Fire...not a place I want to go.

I thank God for the youth ministry in our church. This has become a big part of my life over the last 18 months and I would not be doing it if it were not for the church. This has become an all year program, elementary during the school year and middle school during the summer. This is a ministry of which I feel truly blessed to be a part of.

I thank God for the ministry of technology for our church. This has been another part of my life I dedicated much time to and have enjoyed. I have aided our church in coming out of the dark ages and coming into the 21st century. I know I could not have done it without God's hand in on it as He has his way and then there is man's way. We have to do things for the Glory of God.

Now I must thank God for my wife. The only woman who could put up with some of the stuff I have put her through over the last 21 years. There are no words to thank her enough for everything she has done. She has given us a daughter when we were not supposed to be able to have kids, a true miracle of God right there.

Now many of you may be thinking, this does not seem like Beaver I know when in all reality I know where I have to give thanks. I know who needs to be thanked as I know I did not do these things on my own or the others around me.
Last edited by beaverpond on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 am

Re: What are you thankful for this year

So beautifully said Beav....now it is time for me to put pen to paper too. So many nice foks on this site.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:14 pm

beaverpond wrote:As I sit here thinking about what I am thankful for, there is much that Christ has brought us through as a family.

My daughter's battle with one sickness after another and it turned out they were all symptoms of a larger problem and praise God for giving the doctors at Barbara Bush Children's Hospital the wisdom to find it quickly and help us deal with the problem and spend another six months in healing.

I thank God for family. The family I am related to, the family I go to church with, and the few friends close enough that I call family.

I thank God for my salvation. For if it were not for salvation I would spend eternity in the Lake of Fire...not a place I want to go.

I thank God for the youth ministry in our church. This has become a big part of my life over the last 18 months and I would not be doing it if it were not for the church. This has become an all year program, elementary during the school year and middle school during the summer. This is a ministry of which I feel truly blessed to be a part of.

I thank God for the ministry of technology for our church. This has been another part of my life I dedicated much time to and have enjoyed. I have aided our church in coming out of the dark ages and coming into the 21st century. I know I could not have done it without God's hand in on it as He has his way and then there is man's way. We have to do things for the Glory of God.

Now I must thank God for my wife. The only woman who could put up with some of the stuff I have put her through over the last 21 years. There are no words to thank her enough for everything she has done. She has given us a daughter when we were not supposed to be able to have kids, a true miracle of God right there.

Now many of you may be thinking, this does not seem like Beaver I know when in all reality I know where I have to give thanks. I know who needs to be thanked as I know I did not do these things on my own or the others around me.

I don't usually comment on what others have to say about themselves as I feel in my case I will pay for what ever I do out of line. But when someone opens his heart to those around him with sincere love he needs to know others do appreciate what he has to say. I do have thanks to God for miracles and the biggest one is my daughter. In all of medical history she should never have been conceived, she was a full term baby and she is a beautiful lady and a joy to have as a daughter. The doctor told me the day she was born he never thought she would make it. I was house bound for 6 months after surgery but it didn't bother me. I sewed and knit for months. Now back to Beaver. I found your words an inspiration and I know it isn't easy to express them but you did a beautiful way of giving us a gift. I hang on to the gifts I get as they can be a great reminder when needed. Thank you. Also a thank you for the members who leave gifts every day.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm thankful for my family. For my husband who stays through the thick and thin and lives this adventure with me. For my daughter who has turned out charming and quirky and sensational and has made a fanciful life for herself. For my son-in-law who is as much a part of our family as if he'd been born into it.

For my sweet Spencer, the most delightful 4 legged creature ever made.

For my friends who make every day grand beyond words whether we laugh or cry together.

For my co-workers without whom I could not go through the drudgery of the work day.

And in no particular order, wine, chocolate and donuts.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:59 pm

What a timely and great thread.... I'm thankful for God in whatever form he truly is and all the blessings in my life, esp. my soulmate of 35 years who still makes me smile and laugh every day, our 2 awesome sons who will be here for the holidays and our new home in the country. I feel like I'm sitting in a big pile of grace with a smile on my face following a year of a few highs and a lot of lows. Funny how the world turns on a dime. You just have to remember this while you're sitting in the middle of the storm.

Blessings and joyful vibes to all my fellow SHR Garage Gangstas. Let this be a holiday season we all remember fondly.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Paige31460

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am

My family (immediate, extended, furry, friends that are almost like family) and being able to watch some great racing this year (on TV and in person) and cheering on so many favorite drivers, the top ones being Tony, Helio, Simon, Ozz, and John. :)
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing

Return to The Lobby