FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gone Racin'!!!!

<<

kim92164

Post Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Gone Racin'!!!!

Just want to say bye to my friends here at SHR for a few days. Especially with several storms approaching this evening and before we loose power. I'll be going camping tomorrow which will be a first for me in a tent. They're also calling for it to get chilly, but I think I can handle it. I won't wimp out. I'll be cheering for a friend and his friend who races in the WoO and is currently the points leader. Josh has never won at a WV track in WoO, and I'd love to see him win at Tyler as this used to be his home track before he went big. Y'all have fun during the race on Sunday in the chat room, I'll miss my friends. Stock up on plenty of hot dog wrappers, napkins and mustard packets. Shoot forget the packets go for the bottles, just watch where you aim. If any of y'all have chicken, DON'T EAT THE BONES!!!! Save them for the race and throw them, lol. Man if Tony or Ryan ever did read what we post they would die laughing at our imaginations, lol. If I don't leave a message on here somewhere in the morning it's because we've lost power.
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Gone Racin'!!!!

Have a good one Kim. Hope you have an air-mattress for camping in a tent. It makes the first time...any time...a little better. ;)
Be safe and have fun!
<<

kim92164

Post Thu May 23, 2013 6:38 am

I do have an air mattress. We still have electric!!! A few more things to do like pack the car, go to the Humane Society that I volunteer at for a bit (got to say bye to my babies there) and then I'm off. Running away from home so to speak, lol.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Hope you have a great time Kim! :-)

Here's a song for you!

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri May 24, 2013 7:10 am

Have a great time, Kim. Can't wait to hear your "camping stories" when you get back. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Hope you have a great weekend!! Take care and we will all be waiting for some great stories......miss you in the chat room....I too, highly recommend an air mattress :) :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

kim92164

Post Mon May 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm baaaack!!!! I had a great time. This was my first time sleeping in a tent and by myself at that. When I got to the track my friend who was camping in a camper next to where I was to set my tent up thankfully brought her tent, thank God. We couldn't figure out how to put my tent together so I had to use hers or sleep in my little Chevy Aveo. I choose the tent, but that night we had rain and very high winds all night long, plus it was cold. Everything you see on TV and in the movies that happens to first time campers I do believe happened to me, lol. Including the tent coming down from the winds. I went out by myself 4 or 5 times during the night to put poles back together and stand them back up, but when the tent went flat I was almost tempted to climb in my car and start it up for heat. But I went back out, after I finally found the dang door, stood the poles all back up and continued sleeping in the tent. Hopefully I can figure out how to put my tent up before next year, lol.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Yup, sounds like a first-timers camping experience. I haven't been camping since I was a kid, with my parents.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 pm

I forgot to say that I also ate dirt, yuck. The concert and racing were great, I was right against the stage dancing, I don't dance either, lol. Some guy came up to me after the concert and thanked me for a good time, I have no clue what he was even talking about. Of course he was two sheets to the wind drunk and I was surrounded by my friends (on 2 sides), the stage in front of me and the humongous speaker to my left.
<<

kim92164

Post Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Plus there was a Mod there owned by Kyle Busch. It wasn't anythng fancy but the driver was good. Just as good, if not better, than the guy driving Scott Bloomquist's late model car.
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

kim92164 wrote:I'm baaaack!!!! I had a great time. This was my first time sleeping in a tent and by myself at that. When I got to the track my friend who was camping in a camper next to where I was to set my tent up thankfully brought her tent, thank God. We couldn't figure out how to put my tent together so I had to use hers or sleep in my little Chevy Aveo. I choose the tent, but that night we had rain and very high winds all night long, plus it was cold. Everything you see on TV and in the movies that happens to first time campers I do believe happened to me, lol. Including the tent coming down from the winds. I went out by myself 4 or 5 times during the night to put poles back together and stand them back up, but when the tent went flat I was almost tempted to climb in my car and start it up for heat. But I went back out, after I finally found the dang door, stood the poles all back up and continued sleeping in the tent. Hopefully I can figure out how to put my tent up before next year, lol.

:lol: :lol: Thanks for the good chuckle tonight Kim. ;)

You'll NEVER forget your first time. :P :lol: ;)
<<

kim92164

Post Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 am

I was wrong on the Mod. The driver's dad is Kyle's car chief. I knew they said something about Kyle Busch when the car came out, but you can't hear too good on the backstretch bleachers.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 pm

What no poison ivy!?! Nothing says camping like poison ivy itch!! :lol: Glad you had a good time! :)

I #Support Smoke
<<

kim92164

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:10 am

I'm not allergic to Poison Ivy, lol.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm

I am so allergic I don't even have to touch it. It can rub against my clothing and I can get it.....you are so lucky! It is so miserable. I keep five feet away from any leaves of three!!

I #Support Smoke

Return to The Lobby