FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kiss Army................ take 3

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Kiss Army................ take 3

ok jam, i dunno what your thoughts are on this one, but i recently watched a interview of paul stanley and the interviewer asked if there would ever be a reunion with ace and peter, paul said "no"
but added "when we did the farewell tour, it was because we were saying farewell to the other two, but gene and i were continuing."

this is why i cant follow them, gene and paul are always taking shots at ace and peter, if they dislike them so much, why do they use ace an peter's songs in concert?
there is no such thing as kiss without ace and peter and that is the group i fell in love with.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Kiss Army................ take 3

I agree MJ, though Revenge was a cool album, but it's not the same.

that's the only non-ace & peter album I have.

I'll just stick to their old albums, and forget about seeing them in concert.
wish i would've gone to one though, when they were all back together.

I'll never forget their grammy appearance though
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 am

they were great
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:32 pm

jamo14 wrote:I agree MJ, though Revenge was a cool album, but it's not the same.

that's the only non-ace & peter album I have.

I'll just stick to their old albums, and forget about seeing them in concert.
wish i would've gone to one though, when they were all back together.

I'll never forget their grammy appearance though

revenge is a great album, that was probably the best version of kiss since ace and peter, but what did gene and paul do? dumped those guys so they could make a buck on the reunion tours....
<<

smokin 14

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Gene Simmons will suck the life out of anything KISS stood for to make a buck. I actually used to have the comic book made with their blood.
It's only rock and roll but I like it.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Found this in today's St Petersburg Times

Kiss banners stir controversy

By Susan Thurston, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AceFrehleyNot.jpg
That's not Ace Frehley
AceFrehleyNot.jpg (38.59 KiB) Viewed 2503 times

TAMPA — To the average person, it's not a big deal. Behind all that makeup, don't all members of Kiss look the same?

But to fans of the legendary rock band, it's sacrilegious — so wrong that some are calling for lawsuits and the firings of those responsible.

Here's what happened: The Tampa Bay Lightning, as part of this season's outdoor concert series, signed former Kiss lead guitarist Ace Frehley to perform March 11 after the Ottawa Senators game. To promote the show, the marketing team hung banners of Frehley around the St. Pete Times Forum.

What they didn't realize was that the person on the banner wasn't Frehley but Tommy Thayer, his Kiss replacement. Frehley was an original band member who left to start a solo career, then came back for a reunion tour in the mid '90s.

Thayer joined the band in 2002 as the new Frehley, complete with Frehley's "Spaceman" nickname, performance antics and signature makeup of big stars around his eyes.

Not everyone approved. Two camps formed: fans of the old Kiss and fans of the new Kiss.

So imagine the horror when Thayer appeared on a poster advertising Frehley's solo concert. Unofficial Kiss websites lit up. Old wounds reopened.

"It's kind of gone viral among Kiss fans," said Peter Arquette, owner of the Kiss Asylum website. "The fact that it's Tommy Thayer is just ridiculous."

The news hit the virtual world over the weekend when a fan posted a photo of the poster online. Reaction was swift, with many fans hissing.

"I'd be so p----ed off," wrote one fan on blabbermouth.net, a site devoted to hard rock news and reviews. "There's only one Spaceman!!"

"This is sad," said another. "Ace deserves more respect then that."

Other Frehley fans had nasty words for the Lightning's marketing team.

"(Ace) should sue the Tampa Bay Lightning and NHL for defamation of character."

"Marketing dept for this should be fired!"

On Monday, Lightning officials acknowledged the error. After discovering it last week, they immediately ordered 15 new banners.

"We regret the mistake, and proper banners will be in place soon," said Lightning spokesman Bill Wickett.

The error happened when the in-house creative services department pulled a photo from a past Kiss concert without verifying it was of Frehley, Wickett said. They hung the banners Feb. 12 as part of a new "All In" campaign, not knowing Frehley was no longer with the band.

The explanation did little to douse tempers.

Mistaking Frehley for Thayer shouldn't happen, said Arquette, whose Kiss website gets 7,000 hits a day. Frehley has facial hair now and doesn't wear makeup when he performs solo.

Arquette compared Kiss fans to fans of Star Trek, a show with several incarnations. Some prefer one version, others another.

"They are people who like the old Kiss and people who like the new Kiss," he said. "Sometimes there's friction. They all fight about it."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 pm

kiss had it on their website yesterday gloating about it, that is why they suck now, they would do anything to keep ace and peter in the background, when any true fan knows its not kiss without ace and peter, they are just a glorified tribute band...................... and for those who dont know this, kiss will go on without gene and paul, they are planning to add new members for when they no longer go on the road

Ace F'ning rules no one cane replace him!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 am

Ace Frehley will be on that metal show, march 26th at midnite, he will be promoting his new book,
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:47 pm

ACE!

gonna have to break out the Frehley's Comet tape (if I can find it)

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 am

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

RIGHT ON!!!!!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 pm

gene and paul always say ace never grew as a muscian, but i think alot of his solo stuff was better then most kiss albums from the 80's

Return to The Lobby