FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kevin Ware (Louisville basketball player)

<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Kevin Ware (Louisville basketball player)

Many, many prayers for this young man (and his medical team). I've never seen such a horrific injury :(
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Kevin Ware (Louisville basketball player)

I'm hoping everything is OK.....we were watching the game while waiting to go to the baseball game tonight.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am

Was watching that game. Never saw such an injury since Joe Theisman got hit by Lawrence Taylor in the 80s and had his leg broke about the same way. Hope the best for Kevin. He's in good hands at Methodist Hospital. Kinda nice to see that Joe Theisman sent his regards to Kevin and wished him well.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:56 pm

I heard they had him up and walking around this afternoon. Hope this means good things for this young man
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:39 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I heard they had him up and walking around this afternoon. Hope this means good things for this young man

Yup, the evening news showed him on crutches and said he's planning to be at this weekend's game against Wichita State. The game is in Atlanta and Ware played his high school ball in Georgia. This is going to be a game not to be missed. My Irish are long out of it so I will be a Cardinal fan the rest of the way.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

thorman52

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Great News: KEVIN WARE RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL

ESPN - Louisville guard Kevin Ware has been released from an Indianapolis hospital and is headed back to campus, two days after breaking his right leg during the Cardinals' Final Four-clinching victory. Ware had been at Methodist Hospital since sustaining the horrific injury Sunday during in the first half of Louisville's 85-63 win over Duke in the Midwest Regional. He underwent surgery to repair compound fractures of the tibia in the leg and is expected to be out a year.

Ware tweeted Tuesday, "Back to my brothers I go," along with a picture of him on crutches as he prepared to leave the hospital.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino says Ware would travel with the team to Atlanta, but it wasn't known if he will be cleared to fly.
~~~George Bernard Shaw

Return to The Lobby