Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Beer Ice Cream (flavored)

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Can't get it here, you have to go to Brazil for a taste of this stuff.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/skol-beer-ice-cream_n_2974071.html
No, I haven't been there nor have I tried it.

Re: Beer Ice Cream (flavored)

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Have not tried beer ice cream.........but in my younger days,.....Gilroy California has a garlic festival and they have Garlic ice cream.....did NOT try it either. I think I will stick with Vanilla and chocolate........but Jeni's has a salty Carmel that is reallllllllly good! It is way over priced but almost worth every penny.....12.00 a pint!

www.jenis.com

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:42 pm

I'll bet Jamo has 2 words for this concoction....
ROAD TRIP

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Back in the mid 80's I was working a lot in the SF area. One weekend, I went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Everything garlic. I'm sure it is a lot bigger now than it was back then.

As I drove south down 101 from San Mateo and got closer to Gilroy, I remember smelling the garlic in the fields well before I got to the festival.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 pm

You guys! LOL Don't make me cry! The Gilroy Garlic Festival! ! ! :-) :-) :-)

The Bay Area has sooo many festivals, all year long. :-) A lot have to do with the agriculture that was once huge, but is now slipping away to development. :-( But there is also The Zucchini Festival, The Artichoke Festival, The Asparagus Festival and of course Half Moon Bay has one the country's best Pumpkin Festival. There's also a few seafood festivals with the seasons at Bay or Ocean side...

Oooppsss... forgot to add, that at every one of these vegetable festivals... yes, they do make everything out of it, including ice cream, cakes & pies, deep fried on a stick, you name it.... :-) I have seen some CRAZY things for sale, to eat!

Oh right... beer ice cream... hmmm..... I think it might go over at colleges well... but as soon as one toddler eats some ... it'll all be over... LOL

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:30 pm

The others are OK, but I looooove garlic :!: :D :D

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

HH.....I was at the Gilroy garlic festival .......1984..... :lol: :lol: but I have one better we lived in Vacaville, "onion city", just south of Sacramento, where they processed onions and garlic..on a good day coming down I -80 you could smell it two or three miles out.... Sometimes it was pungent enough to make your eyes water.

Also wine country and I can't tell you how many festivals that included......some of the better ones......if you got to know the owners real well you could bring the bottles back and refills half price....... 8-) the good ole days! Mr. Sebastani and I were very good friends!

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 am

We have the Azalea Festival, The Blue Crab Festival, even the Yam Festival and Strawberry Festival. Seems like there's always some kinda "Festivalizin' " goin' on in these parts......Anytime y'all get bored bein' where ya are, look us up. I've been here for 26 years and I would make an EXCELLENT tour guide....... 8-) :D

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 am

onerockindoc wrote:I'll bet Jamo has 2 words for this concoction....
ROAD TRIP

:lol:

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 am

Annalee wrote:Have not tried beer ice cream.........but in my younger days,.....Gilroy California has a garlic festival and they have Garlic ice cream.....did NOT try it either. I think I will stick with Vanilla and chocolate........but Jeni's has a salty Carmel that is reallllllllly good! It is way over priced but almost worth every penny.....12.00 a pint!

http://www.jenis.com

:shock: $12 a pint I wouldn't buy it.

Garlic ice cream........... :? I'll pass

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Oooppsss.... forgot about the lonely onions... LOL
Post a reply