FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

<<

LeslieO

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: TV BLOG - Regular Television Shows

smokieonefour wrote:
Somebody on the Talking Dead show messaged: Because Rick saw Lori PG ... does that mean that she & Shane have hooked up in the after-life?" Ha ha ha that's soooo bad! LOL

:lol:

Interesting idea on the Governor. If they haven't thought of that, they should... ;)

I liked the finale, but I'm still "processing" it, I think. I am torn on Andrea. I wanted to like her, and I did like her sometimes, a lot, but she seemed very inconsistent to me and unfortunately very annoying at the times I didn't think she was cool (LOL). I'm surprised she's gone already; I thought she'd go further into the show.

Overall I think the finale was very good. It set up a lot of stories for next season, with Carl being one of the most interesting. They are going to need to start trying to grow crops, too, especially with all these new people. My daughter and I are always yelling, "How much food is left? What are they eating?" Would like them to address these things more often. I know focusing on them too much would be boring, but still.
<<

LeslieO

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Anyone watch Mad Men?
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue May 07, 2013 3:08 am

Does anyone watch Longmire or the Glades? A and E is bringing them both back. By the way... I'm still watching the Bates Motel... Anyone else?

I LOVE Longmire and didn't realize it was coming back so am very happy to hear it.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 am

Yeah..still trying to watch Bates Motel. Some times I can't help but just think it's awful on a couple points. Like the writing of the dialogue, the directing, even the filming is certain spots...it's just not very good. They really need to cut down on some of the graphic sexual crap. It adds nothing to the show. I could pick apart several things, but will wait and just comment if others mention it.

With that, I have to say that some of the plot and story-lines have gotten a little better lately. Still not great, but better.
Them finally tying in the premier episode and how the Dad died was cool. I hadn't thought of it much, but thought the mom did it originally. (Didn't realize that Norman cooked and I just assumed whoever was cooking did it because of something being left on, on the stove.) We've finally gotten a little insight to Norman's metal state.
I like Dylan's character. It's funny to see him be normal and think the way that you and I would about situations...only to have the nut-balls "logic" prevail, and not listen to him and his advice. Emma's character is also sweet. Not sure she can balance Norman's scales though. ;)

Last night was pretty good. That guy leaving the deputy in the bed...now that was pretty sick. Hopefully Dylan can kill that guy too. I couldn't place my finger on who that guy was last week...but he played Kirk, the jerk, on "Dear John."
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Tonight's episode of The Office was one of the best ever. Right up there w/ the last episode of Michael Scott, his proposal to Holly, and Jim and Pam's wedding.
It's been tough watching the show the last year. It just hasn't been funny. Tonight seemed like the old show and it was quite moving and sad. Very good stuff for a fan since the show started.
Steve Carrell will be making an appearance next week also. I don't think he'll be in the series finale, but he will be in the good-bye show in the preceding hour.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat May 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Did anyone else continue watching the Bates Motel and end up enjoying it like I have?

The way it started out, I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I have to admit, I'm hooked on it and glad it was renewed.

Season finale was darn good IMO.

So glad that Longmire is starting this week on A and E.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeah...it was kind of like a train wreck. I just couldn't look away. :lol: ;)
I'm still not a fan of most of the directing, cinematography, and even some of the writing. BUT, the plot and story-lines did get better at the end. Particularly the last couple of episodes.
I figured I had watched it most of the way, I'd give it until the end of the season before dumping it off my schedule.
As a prequel to the original movie, I was pretty disappointed early that they weren't developing any of Norman's character to the original. At the end, the did a pretty decent job of it.
Are they really going to have Dylan make it with that high school tramp, Bradley? :roll: I sure hope not. That, like some of the stuff in the season, would just be too unbelievable. Dylan's character isn't stupid enough to do something like that.
I'm a little disappointed we didn't learn more about the whole sex ring thing and how all that was being operated before the sheriff offed that guy and before the deputy killed the Asian slave girl. I thought from the original findings of the drawings and the way that all developed, it would be a bigger part of the series than it was. Meh...oh well.
Props to the sheriff. That was pretty cool how he handled the stuff in the last episode. He really IS the man in the town. ;)
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun May 26, 2013 1:56 am

I actually didn't like the sex ring storyline and almost quit watching because of that. I was much more interested in the psyche of Norman and determining whether his mother was a psycho like him or normal (though she seems a bit in between the 2). They kept us guessing on the sheriff and that was an interesting ending. This show reminds me a bit of Dexter which I watched a few years ago. Gets you liking the killer which is an odd feat. I like Dylan and doubt he'll end up with the teenager. I think he'll end up protecting Norman like Norma does but who knows... these writers like to screw with us and characters we like end up being monsters (that happened on another favorite show-- Merlin with Morgana and I knew her background ahead of time but still hated it when she turned bad.) I think if you watch the show during one of the marathons, it may get more viewers as some of the episodes were just boring.
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Anyone watching Under the Dome? Curious what you're thinking. Please, if you've read the book, no spoilers! :D

I'm liking the show so far, though it's just one show in. I love Stephen King and not sure how I missed reading this book. Well, that's not really true as I haven't had the time to read anything with working full time and going to school full time. Even my race has to be taped on Sundays now.
But thankfully, we have DVRs and I get to watch shows on my days off.

So anyone else liking this sho6w?
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I watched it ... seemed pretty interesting so far. :-)

I'm such a "big Stephan King fan" ....and it ( book / story ) went right under my nose too.

Guess I'll have to find the book & read it. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:35 pm

I watched it cause it was in the time slot of the other show I was watching, Revolution. I liked it, but that cow scene was really gross. Probably wouldn't have looked so bad if they'd tried to make it more realistic instead of just red goo... ugh...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Anyone check out The Blacklist?
I thought it was pretty good. A lot of questions seemed to be left unanswered in the first one though.
A perfectly fitting role for James Spader.
Previous

Return to The Lobby