FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hoosier Mania......downtown Bloomington!

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Hoosier Mania......downtown Bloomington!

I thought I had seen everything, but downtown Bloomington Indiana around the courthouse square people knitted these sweaters for trees. All for a very good cause.......

When my friend asked about the yarn covered trees she was told that a local yarn shop, Yarns Unlimited, has teamed up with Middle Way House to raise funds to aid victims of domestic violence.

This is the first year the fundraiser, Knitting to Heal, has been coordinated in Bloomington.

IU basketball Coach Tom Crean sponsored the IU tree that you see here ---you can see the label “The Crean Family” at the base of the tree.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Hoosier Mania......downtown Bloomington!

This is what humanity is all about. Anyone who doesn't knit has no idea what went into this sweater. It was an awesome idea and what a worthy cause. Thanks to all of those who participated in this project. Thanks Annalee for the post.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Hoosier Mania......downtown Bloomington!

As a little girl, I lived there...And remember that town square...it is impressive. They raised quite a bit of money, $10,000 just for the IU tree by the Crean family. I don't knit, but I a fiber artist and educator... aka "Quilter" and can appreciate the time and talent it took to raise money for a worthy cause.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke

Return to The Lobby