FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

wth happened here

<<

justlisa

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:14 am

wth happened here

I have been a member of this site since the very beginning. I have to say after reading through the threads. ( BTW lurking as I did) I am just amazed. Are we adults? Arguing about "who is a number one fan"... Good grief. That is kids crap. I said crap too . The points thread in Nascar, about fell off my chair. No one owns this site. No one owns a thread. :roll: I mean really you would think this is a Dale Jr. site. If there is a game here in a public forum everyone should play. There should not be bullies.... yes bullies shouting out who can do what. I don't even want to hear that I have not been around. Stick that in your.... hat.... Who would want to stay ? Grow up folks , don't take everything seroiusly If you can't make the game so it is fair to all wo shouting who can do what, take it to a place of yours that is not SHR fan site. I don't even give me any crap about supporting my driver or team. I do that faithfully.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 am

Re: wth happened here

I'll fall on "deaf ears", Lisa...no wonder why so many "original members" hardly bother with this site anymore... ;) :roll:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:34 am

smoke14rulez wrote:I'll fall on "deaf ears", Lisa...no wonder why so many "original members" hardly bother with this site anymore... ;) :roll:
I'm sure it has something to do with it....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:13 am

i made a prediction to a certain member that the "new game" was going to alienate other members and there would be a words on that thread, i didnt expect it to happen that quickly
I miss you Frehley........
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:37 am

wth happened here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing, still the same as always
It will never change
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

HTower

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:34 pm

justlisa wrote: The points thread in Nascar, about fell off my chair. No one owns this site. No one owns a thread. :roll:

You're welcome to join us in playing. We even have several people who have less than 20 posts. We're simply hoping that having to enter the forum will get a few more people willing to post.

MJ. They only falling out in the Garage Gang Thread I am aware of was over "adult" language. No one has been asked to not participate.
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:01 pm

HTower wrote:
justlisa wrote: The points thread in Nascar, about fell off my chair. No one owns this site. No one owns a thread. :roll:

You're welcome to join us in playing. We even have several people who have less than 20 posts. We're simply hoping that having to enter the forum will get a few more people willing to post.

I will have to decline. My scheduel does not always permit the time. I do appreciate the invite. What will get more fans to post is to feel comfortable with their surrondings. Getting more fans to post is the idea of SHR or fans here? There are many pepole who sign in every day, they just do not post. That imo is their perogative. I just call them as I see them. I am straight forward and blunt. Like I said public forum, public game, everyone should play. As far as the language, if there are children here they should be monitored by their parents. Itis not up to the site to do that. It is racing, passionate fans . As far as Mr. Ruelz, proly one of the most helpful members. Very knowledable in the sport, and never ever have I seen him look to ruffle any feathers if his were not ruffled first. Don't take the fun out of a game with stress and being so serious always. Step back and smell the flowers.

MJ. They only falling out in the Garage Gang Thread I am aware of was over "adult" language. No one has been asked to not participate.
<<

HTower

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm

SHR racing pay attention to the forums? Laugh. We can't even get a response from the 3rd party company they pay to administer the forums in under a month.

Doing the pick'em competition game on the forum is actually stress relieving for many of us. As you probably know from looking around lately, the admin run game has been fraught with errors, missed points, and controversy. When a group of us got so fed up with the errors (and other things) we decided to run a competition of our own. We keep the points and track the picks. Despite not having a computer program running the game, we as forum members are faster and more accurate at keeping score.

As far as adult language, no one appreciates being denigrated by foul language. Use of it certainly is not appreciated.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:19 pm

awsum14 wrote:wth happened here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It will never change

Same ol stuff... different day ... LOL

Hey Lisa, Lisa... what up girl? :-) Didja wake up on the crabby side of the hibernation bed? LOL

You're always so happy, light & positive ... well... most of the time! LOL

Haven't seen you this fired up since the stalker! LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:13 pm

HTower wrote:SHR racing pay attention to the forums? Laugh. We can't even get a response from the 3rd party company they pay to administer the forums in under a month.

Doing the pick'em competition game on the forum is actually stress relieving for many of us. As you probably know from looking around lately, the admin run game has been fraught with errors, missed points, and controversy. When a group of us got so fed up with the errors (and other things) we decided to run a competition of our own. We keep the points and track the picks. Despite not having a computer program running the game, we as forum members are faster and more accurate at keeping score.

As far as adult language, no one appreciates being denigrated by foul language. Use of it certainly is not appreciated.

As far as anyone getting back to you, I have no clue. I do know it is a free web site. I have no issues with the game. I am just stating what I saw not being here all the time. That this how it would be taken by someone who was not a part of this site. As far as swearing , I think you all are a bit carried away with that. Like I said ..... If you have children monitor them while they are on. That is how I raised mine. These are all issues that have been dealt with before over the years.
<<

justlisa

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:18 pm

smokieonefour wrote:
awsum14 wrote:wth happened here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It will never change

Same ol stuff... different day ... LOL

Hey Lisa, Lisa... what up girl? :-) Didja wake up on the crabby side of the hibernation bed? LOL

You're always so happy, light & positive ... well... most of the time! LOL

Haven't seen you this fired up since the stalker! LOL

No Smokie I woke up where I always do. I just spoke my mind after "lurking" through the threads. What I saw I voiced my opinion on. All of the members make up this site. Just because some do not post, or have not in a while should not matter. All of the fans support their drivers as well.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 am

HTower wrote:

***************************************************************************************************************************
...sounds warm and fuzzy...unless you're hoosier fan, I guess? :lol:
(as per the Weekly Points thread)

hoosierfan wrote:My picks are fine. I didn't get my points.

HTower wrote:
Boo Hoo. That doesn't make you any different than EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO PLAYED. Go back to lurking.

***************************************************************************************************************************

...same "adult" language that get's used here all the time...and NOBODY says BOO about it. ;)
BTW...BOO isn't a cuss word, just to be clear... :lol: :roll:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 am

I'm a newbie here and as I looked around one of the qualities I noticed is the lack of profanity (with few exceptions). I stayed and like it with all its flaws with the administrators.

The use of adult language, as it is coveniently called, is a misnomer. It's not adult at all. It's childish as all get out. It demonstrates and validates the lack of a viable vocabulary. Am I above the use of a foul word now and then? Absolutely not. But you don't hear it in mixed company or in a public forum such as a website. I have repsect for all that may listen, not just children. That's my humble opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

justlisa

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:11 pm

thorman52 wrote:I'm a newbie here and as I looked around one of the qualities I noticed is the lack of profanity (with few exceptions). I stayed and like it with all its flaws with the administrators.

The use of adult language, as it is coveniently called, is a misnomer. It's not adult at all. It's childish as all get out. It demonstrates and validates the lack of a viable vocabulary. Am I above the use of a foul word now and then? Absolutely not. But you don't hear it in mixed company or in a public forum such as a website. I have repsect for all that may listen, not just children. That's my humble opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I assure you there is no lack of "viable vocabulary". Being a "newbie" would make a bit hard to understand where we all started here. There are many of us who are close friends. We have been here through good and bad of this site. I read what was said and I am telling you there was no need for the reaction that followed. This site has gone through many ups and downs. With members, administration, changes and problems. I stated what I saw. In the end it is a free website. Tell me how much in life is free. We all support SHR. Most of us all enjoy each others company. As far as "viable vocabulary", never judge a book by its cover. Many here would surprise you. Since we are on the subject you may want to add conveniently and respect to the viable vocabulary. I hope you enjoy your stay here at SHR and if you have any problems I would be more than happy to lend a hand. Enjoy the race, Go SHR!
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 am

justlisa: I think that the word respect was the key word in my post whether I expressed it enough or not. Viable vocabulary may have been too strong for some but it is what I've professed for years. I've been in serious discussions, face to face with people, where they'd be f... 'n this and that, and I'd simply walk away. It's just me I guess. Been in the Navy where sailors are susposed to use "salty" language. Well not all of us.

As for the site itself, I love it so far. Been greeted, treated and seated. All I was looking for was a place to use my non-existant expertice and pick drivers to win and the competition that goes with it. It's fun. It makes watching a sometimes boring race a little bit more exciting. I've been a 39 (12) fan since his breakout season in 2003 and a 14 (20) fan for years also. (No comment on 10 (7)) Both Ryan and Tony are Hoosiers and I've supported their causes. Never met them but had a buddy that met Tony at Cedar Point and said he was the most personable person you'd ever want to meet. That's the kind of people I like to be around.

So anyway...hope I didn't offend anybody. And now, it's on to Bristol. ;)
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw

Return to The Lobby