FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Racing in Rhode Island ?

<<

David Shemansky

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Racing in Rhode Island ?

Does anybody know if or where there is racing in R. I. ?
Wanna get my son into go-carts soon. If
You can help me, let me know.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 am

Re: Racing in Rhode Island ?

Google "go kart tracks rhode island" Several are listed - Warwick, Lincoln, Cranston, Tiverton, etc.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

rckblykitn

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:50 am

Re: Racing in Rhode Island ?

There are no "real" racetracks in the state of RI. The closest tracks would be Seekonk Speedway in Seekonk MA and Thompson Speedway in Thompson, CT. Seekonk has a Friday night youth division with a couple of different classes, and Thompson has its own "mini" track designed for 1/4 midgets. I'm not sure of the age ranges or details but their respective websites (www.seekonkspeedway.com and www.littletspeedway.org) will give you plenty of info.

As for go carts - the only places in the general area with good, fast karts are Tri State Speedway (www.tristatespeedways.com) in Dudley, MA, right over the CT border, and F1 Boston in Braintree, MA (just south of Boston - www.F1boston.com). I believe they both have leagues available. Super fast karts and I get my butt kicked every. single. time. :)

The only other go cart tracks in the area are the type that have mini-golf and batting cages attached.

Hope that helps and best of luck!! :)
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart

Return to The Lobby