FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

<<

Rochelle

Post Fri May 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

I don't understand why Eric handed her that idol. Major brain fart like when he gave his immunity away. That was awesome when Andrea was voted out. The looks on the jury's faces was priceless.

And yes, Malcolm was looking mighty fine :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm

I think he gave the idol to Andrea just because she asked them to help her find it so that Eddie and Reynold couldn't. She could have gone and just looked for it, and maybe have been alone doing so ;) , but she recruited help. I don't really see that as too much of an issue. There's no way anyone else was finding it without her, so not too big of a deal.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 pm

for the first time in awhile i was completely turned off by tonites show, what happened tonite was a microcosm of how the world is today, if you do something nice, people will screw you over because they are threatened by it, dawn is a useless piece of trash, how many times did brenda sit and listen to her cry like a psycho? who was the one who went diving for dawn's teeth, so she wouldnt be embarrassed? cochran is just a weasel at heart, i sure hope erik or eddie take them out,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 09, 2013 1:08 am

Meh...don't mind Cochran doing it so much, because Brenda was definitely a threat to beat him. I didn't like it, but I can understand it from him.
Dawn...may the sun never rise on a day when you are the sole survivor. :evil:
Woman wouldn't even have teeth and would have quit the game if not for Brenda. It's not like she had a chance in winning anything, so why vote out someone who has been so cool with her?
Such a turnoff tonight.
I'm still hoping Cochran wins. I've stuck with this guy for quite some time this season and I'm not going to let tonight affect how I think he's played.
IMO, it's him or Erik now. They're the only 2 left that deserve it.
Hopefully Brenda wins the fan favorite vote. If you agree, be sure to vote for her.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/player_of_the_week/
You can vote 10 times and can win 10K.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:00 am

the difference between cochran and dawn is, cochran planned and worked on these moves, so for that i can give him credit, lets say dawn makes it to final 3 all she has is "i voted these people out." she did no planning, all she did was cry, and if my mind serves me right didnt brenda say tonite that she threw the comp to dawn because of dawn's "paranoia." so that in itself would be interesting if brenda brought that up in a final 3 situation. just like when jeff said he had a tear in is eye because brenda was askin her dad if he was proud of her and that she said she played the game with honor (not sure that was the word used.) it was a sweet moment........
<<

im4tony

Post Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 am

I would like to see Cochran get it. I really like him and he has tried to strategize this year. I have always liked Dawn but she is too weepy and I think some of you are right she doesn't think thru her decisions...she kind of rolls with the crowd. I wanted Brenda to make it and it was a touching moment with her Dad. She really got blind sided.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Well that sucked big time! WTH? I was so hoping she wouldn't give them reward as I honestly don't think anyone else would have. I do have to say that they did look remorseful as they should have been ashamed. I get it's a game but they had the perfect chance to get rid of Eddie. Now I'm hoping he wins immunity and ends their game so close to the finale. And no, I'm not rooting for Cochran any more. Never did like Dawn, she's just an emotional lunatic. I have to say, that's exactly why you never throw challenges, for any reason. I would think Brenda would get the fan vote. I know I'm going to be voting for her. I don't usually feel too bad for my favorites getting voted off, but that was just plain painful.

Now I can't wait for the finale just to see who gets tossed. Ugh, I'm still so ticked off!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

i wouldnt be surprised if they brought brenda back, dawn too and put them in a steel cage til brenda rips out dawns teeth and throw em back in that dirty river.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm watching the episode right now..and just saw Brenda give up the chance to spend time with her family. Just wow. Dawn's ranting and raving and crying fit just made me way not like her. She comes off like having mad cow disease

Loved Cochran's description of his Dad.........
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm

<snicker> mad cow disease...

hahahahaha mj, I vote for the cage fight :twisted:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Don't forget the finale tonight! I can't wait to see who gets the last immunity... I sure hope it's Eddie as payback for Brenda! :twisted:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 13, 2013 12:16 am

On MARCH 21called it............COCHRAN!! :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

Annalee wrote:On MARCH 21called it............COCHRAN!! :lol: :lol:

Got ya' by 12 hours Annalee. :lol: :lol: 3/20 ;)

Have to say, the final tribal counsel was one of the worst ever. The questions and comments from the jury were just lame. That usually isn't the case. It was more like they were letting us know how they were voting, rather than trying to make up their minds by getting questions answered. I understand it to a point, but it just wasn't good. I even felt a little bad for Sherri. I mean, the girl did make it to the final 3, yet no one even asked her a question on what she did. Only Eddie really addressed her, and that was pretty uncomfortable. The look on Sherri's face early said it all, "I'm not winning, dam." could have been written on her forehead.

In the reunion show, I liked seeing Rudy again. Also, the scenes from season 1 were funny...the rat and the snake...ftw. :lol: Also, was that Fabio, or Malcolm? :lol: :roll:

One thing I took from the episode last night was that people, in general life, shouldn't be too quick to judge. It takes time to get to know people and their character. You can't base how you think about someone on just a couple experiences. We need to take the time to really get to know someone first.
Cochran came off a bit more cocky during the entire show last night then he ever has. Not saying it was a bad thing (because before, he lacked any confidence) just different.
Brenda...well what she did at tribal was just a bit over the line imo. She wasn't going to vote for Dawn at all, yet she was insistent that Dawn remove her teeth and embarrass herself. That just wasn't a nice thing to do. I guess she was just still so peeved at that point that she was going to try and get even for Dawn voting her off. She just wasn't the sweetheart that I always thought she was.
Dawn, I think, may have actually gained a few sympathy points across the viewing nation last night. I can't really put my finger on it, but a couple comments and her control over her emotions was actually a little refreshing.
Lastly, I had no idea Sherri had the career she did as an entrepreneur. I wouldn't have guessed that at all.

Overall, a good season and I'm glad to see the :ugeek: bring it on home. :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 13, 2013 11:25 am

in one breath your tellin us not to judge so quickly, but that is what you just did,that is the fun of watching these shows, disliking the so called villains, and if someone is coming off in a negative light, well chances are they did it themselves, as as brenda asking dawn to remove her teeth was not to embarrass her she wanted dawn to prove her that what they felt that moment when brenda found her teeth was real, she had every right to ask her to do, because up to that point dawn was saying she was "using" friendships to get farther in the game, and that was insulting, both of the woman finalist came off less than likeable, even the crowd response proved that, cochran is a young man that is just finding himself and getting over all his social anxiety and his quirks, sure he acted different last night, but he just won a million dollars and won the game that he watched most of his life, so that is a lot to take in, but hey we are all different and see things differently, if we all thought the same, world would be boring.
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

I probably should have stated that you'd have to have read my previous posts to get where I'm coming from. I didn't think the same about these people I mentioned as I did during the season is all I'm saying.
I'm also not saying that this is how I perceive these people in a final view, just that the opinion changed last night, and it probably would again in the future, as it does with most people from one experience to the next.

I understood why Brenda was doing what she did. She made that abundantly clear. I just don't buy it. If she was doing that solely for seeing if Dawn was being "real", then why not vote for her? I just don't believe she was ever going to, and therefore, she was just ticked imo.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby