FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help those affected by the tornadoes PLEASE!

<<

azk8ster

Post Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 am

Help those affected by the tornadoes PLEASE!

I know many of you "old-timers" on this site have seen this before, more than once, so forgive me for repeating myself. To you "newbies" who haven't seen this before, get used to it. This in all likelihood will not be the last time I post this, because Mother Nature is a b!tch sometimes...

Please text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross in order to help the thousands of people in (especially) OK, TX, KS, IA, heck anywhere, who have been affected by the tornadoes these past few days. If you can donate more than $10, visit redcross.org to give. It's so simple, and SO important.

Thanks for putting up with another episode of AZK's soapbox, and thanks for helping those who may well have lost everything
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 am

Re: Help those affected by the tornadoes PLEASE!

You're not on a soapbox, AZK. You're expressing a genuine need. Nothing at all wrong with that.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

Annalee

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Did that this morning.......you feel so helpless watching all that pain, suffering and such devastation. Salvation Army is another you can donate to....... Also there is another wonderful organization......Samaritian's Purse, founded by Billy Graham ministries ....they are always there on the front lines too, with food, clothing, personal items anything some one might need. Great organization and very nice people.
Plus, animals need help too! One Day Ranch Pet Rescue found a woman's dog today... It was such a moment of happiness.....tears shed by all. They are rescuing a lot of lost animals.......Code 3 Associates, a sponsor of Ryan Newman is also there helping with finding missing animals, rescuing them and finding their owners......great organization who could use your help......
Last edited by Annalee on Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

It's funny...all on my Facebook timeline there were companies and individuals all putting Oklahoma on their status. The companies(to me) seemed to be getting a little extra advertising by having others "share" their status. This was my response...

I love all the thoughts and prayers going out to Oklahoma but do these folks a solid and contribute to the Red Cross.

This is the best way we can help these folks, by contributing to reputable relief service organizations.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 am

Annalee wrote: Plus, animals need help too! One Day Ranch Pet Rescue found a woman's dog today... It was such a moment of happiness.....tears shed by all. They are rescuing a lot of lost animals.......Code 3 Associates, a sponsor of Ryan Newman is also there helping with finding missing animals, rescuing them and finding their owners......great organization who could use your help......

Here's some more info on them.
http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_23292037/longmont-based-animal-rescue-group-heads-out-help

onerockindoc wrote:It's funny...all on my Facebook timeline there were companies and individuals all putting Oklahoma on their status. The companies(to me) seemed to be getting a little extra advertising by having others "share" their status. This was my response...

I love all the thoughts and prayers going out to Oklahoma but do these folks a solid and contribute to the Red Cross.

This is the best way we can help these folks, by contributing to reputable relief service organizations.

Good thing to post doc. That kind of "like (or share) phishing" in these situations is just not cool. People don't understand that these likes and shares equate to money in various ways. To think that they exploit a tragedy like this is disgusting, but I digress because of the serious nature of this topic.

Return to The Lobby