FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

great games so far...

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 am

great games so far...

this weekends football games have been awesome, i was really pulling for the ravens to beat denver, just because of the way elway treated tebow, he never liked him as qb, so why bother draft him? playoff wins in denver, tebow-1 manning-0= elway/FAIL!
I miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:43 am

Re: great games so far...

AP for MVP........ A guy that rushes for 2,097 yards on a TOTALLY reconstructed knee BY FAR deserves the MVP award over a guy that has the league up his family's A$$...... I kinda like SF outta the NFC tho, I was lucky enough to play against Roger Craig in High School. Need I say more ?? Roger is a CLASS ACT and I will always remember how he Single Handedly carried his High School, Davenport (Iowa) Central over a BUUUUUNCH of the schools in the conference. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Is there anyone out there who is SICK TO DEATH of hearing about California sports teams, as much as I am ? ?

Good Lord! First it was the Giants... being shoved in your face at every turn.... (( OK, I may be a lil biased here, cuz I'm an A's fan... LOL )) ... and now the trophy's are even doing a tour!

Then it's the Sacramento Kings ( Are they for sale? Are they not for sale? Stay tuned for the real life soap opera, starring the Maloof family and the next "buyers" )

and now it's the dumb 49's! Arrrgggggg! ! ! I can't catch a break! :evil:

Will another state PLEASE come in, kick their butts and let me have some peace?

Hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:15 pm

And then the Texans come by to stink it up...................not a pretty game
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey, don't be hating on my 9ers... We've had many bad years since the Montana and Young days. The rest of the teams I don't really care about so please pick on them all you want :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 pm

passed out for the afternoon game, i was hopin the seahawks and ravens would make the bowl.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 am

Sorry Rochelle - Rochelle :cry:

( Sorry, it's a Jerry Seinfeld thing, have to say your name twice ;-) )

But they are driving me batty! ! Real news is being usurped by a story on one of Kapernicks ( sp?) tattoo's! Seriously! LOL The only way this madness will end, is if they lose. If they win... I may have to vacation, out of state! LOL

One thing about the 49ers is ... right after the Junior concussion story ... and those of athletes in all sports that take hits to the head ... the QB ( crap, what's his name! LOL Smith? ) took a heavy hit, and doing what they told him to do, under the new rules... he stepped aside. And in came a new young phee-nom who has taken 1/2 the world by storm, set new amazing records, yada yada yada... and where's the guy who followed the rules ? ? That story really sucks, as one of the first examples of "if you get hurt, we're gonna pull ya under doctors orders, whether you like it or not." and what can happen to careers, both bad ( for Smith ) and good ( Kappy's cinderella story ).

I think the 49er coach has let an evil genie out of a bottle, that can't be put back now, for a LOT of sports, including ours. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Is there anyone out there who is SICK TO DEATH of hearing about California sports teams, as much as I am ? ?

Good Lord! First it was the Giants... being shoved in your face at every turn.... (( OK, I may be a lil biased here, cuz I'm an A's fan... LOL )) ... and now the trophy's are even doing a tour!

Then it's the Sacramento Kings ( Are they for sale? Are they not for sale? Stay tuned for the real life soap opera, starring the Maloof family and the next "buyers" )

and now it's the dumb 49's! Arrrgggggg! ! ! I can't catch a break! :evil:

Will another state PLEASE come in, kick their butts and let me have some peace?

Hee hee hee

Not only do I agree with you on sports I get tired of the rest of the states that have to stand up and take notice if the wind blows out there. Hey media the rest of the 50 states have weather problems with nasty weather, people losing homes blown apart by tornadeo's, floods that happen year after year, snow storms and ice that takes out the power for days on end, fires that were started by lightening and takes out thousands of homes and property. ETC. ETC. Oh I do care but I also want to know how pople made out when the floods in Maine took out roads and homes. How are things in Missouri after the state was destroyed in several places from a tornado? Does everyone know where tornado alley is? It's a midwest part that gets hit every year. Like I said I care about California but I don't believe it is any more paradise than any village in New England or Florida or even a small state like Rhode Island.
I find the most wonderful place on earth for me is the Smokie Mountains because of the trees. One can look in any direction and it's all trees.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 pm

You described my feelings well, NDunn. :-)

The news story about Kappy's tattoo's must have sent me over an edge. LOL
It's like CA has become a narcissist, and everything is all about it. LOL

"Smokie Mountains" ... sounds like a place I should go visit one day. :-)
( hee hee hee )

Sorry about your Texans Doc Maybe next year? :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 pm

smokieonefour wrote:You described my feelings well, NDunn. :-)

The news story about Kappy's tattoo's must have sent me over an edge. LOL
It's like CA has become a narcissist, and everything is all about it. LOL

"Smokie Mountains" ... sounds like a place I should go visit one day. :-)
( hee hee hee )

Sorry about your Texans Doc Maybe next year? :-)

If you like clean Mountain air you'd love the Smokies. Trucks can't drive the road we did and it was just beautiful. I was terrified the first time we drove it as it was a foggy morning but after we got to the top I could breath again. My bucket list has the Blue Ridge Mt. on it but I'll never get to fullfill that wish.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to The Lobby