FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kevin Harvick

<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
jsw14 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Schmoopy, but RCR never gave the #3 back to Nascar. RCR Own's that number. RCR can sell it, but Nascar does not Own or can give the #3 to another team.......

If I'm wrong, I will be learning something new too 8-) :lol: ;)

No Owners own the #'s. Only nascar owns them & leases them out so to speak. If someone wants a # not being used for over a year, what happens usually, is Nascar will go to the last owner that had the # & let them know someone wants to take the #. Then the last owner to use the # has the option to renew & use that # or lose it to the next owner wanting it. Something Morgan McClure had to deal with. Tony could have taken the #4 anyways since MM wasnt gonna run any races. Figure Tony just didnt take it out of respect or maybe didnt want to deal with the hassle of someone whining over the #4.
So if someone decided next year to take the #3, they would inform RCR, before they gave the # away. Then RCR would have to decide to use the # next year or lose it to the next guy.
I just assume no one uses the #3 out of respect. That & all the hoopla that would surround some new team for being the 1st ones to use the #3 since Dale's death. I would imagine isnt something most teams would want to deal with. With all that distraction.

But to give you the short answer (LOL) No team owner ever owns the # used. Nascar reserves all the rights to the #.

If I remember correctly, Tony didn't pursue the #4 cause McClure didn't want to lose it at the time. Then Tony got the #39 for Ryan cause it was his USAC number.

I don't think anyone would even consider taking the 3, out of respect. Geez, can you imagine the outrage that would cause? I'm just hoping that RCR changes the font if they give it to Austin when he goes to Cup. I can see using the same font in NW, but not in Cup. It's just a sign of respect, to me at least, since NASCAR doesn't retire numbers like other sports.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm

michaeljohn wrote:she picked 10 cuz that is what she drove in go karts, it was her first number, that is the only thing i like bout SHR, getting to pick cool numbers like that.

I thought she picked the 10 because that's how hot she thinks she is

I hope the all Kevin forum doesn't show up anytime soon. This Texas girl is not a fan.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm

BUT, But, but>>> I'm a Harvick Fan Doc :) SHR has to get him 8-) :D :)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 am

jsw14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
jsw14 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Schmoopy, but RCR never gave the #3 back to Nascar. RCR Own's that number. RCR can sell it, but Nascar does not Own or can give the #3 to another team.......

If I'm wrong, I will be learning something new too 8-) :lol: ;)

No Owners own the #'s. Only nascar owns them & leases them out so to speak. If someone wants a # not being used for over a year, what happens usually, is Nascar will go to the last owner that had the # & let them know someone wants to take the #. Then the last owner to use the # has the option to renew & use that # or lose it to the next owner wanting it. Something Morgan McClure had to deal with. Tony could have taken the #4 anyways since MM wasnt gonna run any races. Figure Tony just didnt take it out of respect or maybe didnt want to deal with the hassle of someone whining over the #4.
So if someone decided next year to take the #3, they would inform RCR, before they gave the # away. Then RCR would have to decide to use the # next year or lose it to the next guy.
I just assume no one uses the #3 out of respect. That & all the hoopla that would surround some new team for being the 1st ones to use the #3 since Dale's death. I would imagine isnt something most teams would want to deal with. With all that distraction.

But to give you the short answer (LOL) No team owner ever owns the # used. Nascar reserves all the rights to the #.

Thx for the Info Schmoopy :) One Question>>> Can any team like RCR lease the number from Nascar (like the #3), & NOT use that # on a car to race that year? Just so they can hold on to it?

they can hold the # for one year without using it. Now I dont know if they lease the # when it isnt being used, so they get the 1st right to use it again if someone else wants it, or if Nascar just gives the courtesy call to the last team before giving away the #. That I dont really know. But I do know about being able to hold the # without using it for one year.

Basically if Robby Gordon doesnt use the #7 this year Danica can put in for that # if she wanted to change her # to that, next year.
ImageImageImage
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 am

Thx again for the Info Schmoopy :) I see how they do it now :)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
Previous

Return to The Lobby