FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Prayers please

<<

kim92164

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Prayers please

There has been a gas explosion about 70 miles from where I live in Sissonville, WV. I-77 has been closed and will be closed for at least 2 day because the explosion and fire damaged both the north and south bound lanes of the interstate. As of right now I don't know if anyone has been injured or killed from the explosion, but I'm asking that my friends here please say a little prayer for everyone in the area. There have been at least 5 homes destroyed. Thank you in advance.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Prayers please

My thoughts & prayers to the victims and first responders. Let's hope no one is injured or killed.

:arrow: http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/203171 ... onville-wv
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Just read the story on MSN.com, they say that everyone was accounted for. And that colombia gas was putting up the people that lost there homes.

Thoughts and Prayers to all involved.
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:56 pm

I think it's amazing and a miracle that no one was seriously injured or killed. When the gas line exploded there was no cars in that part of the interstate was a miracle. They also said that no one was in any of the home and that the only occupant of one of the homes had just left shortly before the explosion to go rabbit hunting. I feel that the good Lord was looking out for all involved. It could have been much worse. You can go to WSAZ.com to see more on it.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Just saw it on Fox news.....wow that was terrible! But good news, no one was hurt! We can replace things, people we can't....happy all are OK.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 am

Yes, very good that no one was injured or killed. But saying things can be replaced but people can't brings back bad memories for me. My parents had a fire that destroyed their house in Montana, but all their pets were lost along with a lifetime of pictures, china my mother had from my grandmother and other family items that could never be replaced. Granted, I'm so grateful that my mom, stepfather and brother were ok, but as life goes on, you do remember the sense of loss from items that could never be replaced, especially our pets. My brother was devastated at the loss of the puppy I had just brought him for Christmas. Once the shock of it wears off, memories of what was lost still remain. Just putting in a bit of reality for those that haven't had to deal with that type of devastation. Not trying to put a downer on things, but I relate to these types of situations. I just hope everything is ok with the families that lost their homes.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 am

They have reopened the interstate now. A repair crew was called in immediately after to start working on it, otherwise transportation between the northern part of the state and Charleston would have been rerouted. Rochelle, I understand about the loss, personally I've been blessed to have not lost anything to a fire or natural disaster, but I feel for anyone who has. I have had family who's homes have been destroyed to fire and a friend who lost their home in the Joplin tornado. I cry when these things happen, people say that I wear my heart on my sleeve, I don't know about that I just feel for them. But I am thankful that in this situation it wasn't worse and I choose to believe that God cleared everyone out of harms way before it happened.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

This sounds like a Christmas Miracle to me. I wish that everyone involved is able to celebrate Christmas with Joy in their hearts.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I found out today that a couple of nurses that I work with had just went through there before the explosion. Had they been a couple minutes later they may not have been here. They feel the Lord was with them and they were still able to continue on their way to Charleston to see their son & brother being sworn in as a judge.

Return to The Lobby